McAnuff to QPR again

retro royal

McAnuff to QPR again

by retro royal » 24 Jun 2011 05:55

QPR manager Neil Warnock is weighing up a £2million bid for Jobi McAnuff.
Reading winger McAnuff was wanted by Warnock last summer but Royals chief Brian McDermott rejected a £1.5m offer.
But the Hoops supremo remains a big fan of the 29-year-old, who has just one year left on his Madejski contract.
New Birmingham boss Chris Hughton is also monitoring the situation.
But a source said: "Jobi would love to have a crack at the Premier League League.
"He's had his entire career in the Championship. He loves Reading so QPR need to make a decent bid."
Warnock is ready to rescue Tal Ben Haim from his Portsmouth nightmare.
Defender Ben Haim, 29, wants to quit after claiming Pompey have withheld his £36,000-a-week wages since January.
And Rangers keeper Radek Cerny, 37, has signed a new one-year deal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z1QAMhQyx7

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McAnuff to QPR again

by roadrunner » 24 Jun 2011 08:00

Warnock should be looking at better players than McAnuff if he realisticly wants to keep QPR in the Premiership.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Jun 2011 08:07

roadrunner Warnock should be looking at better players than McAnuff if he realisticly wants to keep QPR in the Premiership.

Good psychology................... :wink:

McAnuff is crap.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 24 Jun 2011 08:48

QPR really are sending shock waves around the Premier League! Nearly signing Danny Graham and now a £2 million bid for Mcanuff. What's their odds for European qualification :?: :?:

Baby Royal

McAnuff to QPR

by Baby Royal » 24 Jun 2011 10:06

Just a rumour on the BBC at the moment, but they are reporting that Colin is trying to bring McAnuff to QPR for £2 million.

I have mixed feelings about this, mostly bad. First, I think he's worth more. Second, the thought of selling him to Colin ensures my irrational and unbridled hatred of that man has resurfaced.

But then, McAnuff's a quality player and I think he deserves a chance in the Premier League. Plus he should get a decent chance at QPR, so at least he would be going somewhere he stood a chance of getting a few games. Still, I'd want more for and ideally from another club with another manager.

Any thoughts? Whether he should go, whether we should let him and who's there to replace him?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: McAnuff to QPR

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jun 2011 10:08

Contract is nearly up, 2million is fair enough

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 24 Jun 2011 10:10

UR&G :arrow: :arrow:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 24 Jun 2011 10:13

Baby Royal Just a rumour on the BBC at the moment,

The why post it on the Team forum when there is a UR&G forum?

Jeez.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 11:05

QUOTE "He's had his entire career in the Championship"

Think that sums McAnuff up tbh - good at this level when he wants to be ...but think he'd get found out at next level

...if he was as good as some think surely a Premier team would have come in for him at some stage in recent seasons...the fact that Rodgers had to pick him out of Watfords dustbin as he wasnt even getting a game there probably says it as well ...imho

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 24 Jun 2011 11:26

who are ya? QPR really are sending shock waves around the Premier League! Nearly signing Danny Graham and now a £2 million bid for Mcanuff. What's their odds for European qualification :?: :?:

Don't forget TaLOL Ben Haim!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 24 Jun 2011 11:29

SpaceCruiser
Baby Royal Just a rumour on the BBC at the moment,

The why post it on the Team forum when there is a UR&G forum?

Jeez.

:lol: Spaceys back

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Jun 2011 11:53

The below quote from Jobi in the Reading Post makes me believe he has 1 eye on a move to the Prem

McAnuff's scoring record is a major gripe for the former Wimbledon, West Ham, Cardiff and Crystal Palace midfielder and he believes that is one reason why he has not become an established Premier League player.

McAnuff scored five goals in 47 appearances last season, including a fine individual effort against Cardiff City in the play-off semi-final second leg.

He added: “It’s been the most disappointing aspect of my game over the last few years.

“It’s something that has been missing and I need to be looking at getting four or five more a season.

“It is something I am aware of and let’s hope next season I can kick on and score them.

“It’s definitely a factor as to why I am not at a Premier League club. People don’t tend to watch the Championship games in too much detail and only look at the results and who scored.

“Unfortunately for me it might just come down to a few more goals here and there, but I will keep working hard.”

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Jun 2011 12:12

Big Foot The below quote from Jobi in the Reading Post makes me believe he has 1 eye on a move to the Prem

Surely that applies to most footballers who have any sort of ambition........

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2011 12:15

i like him, great at this level, but i simply dont believe hes good enough to be a good 1st choice prem winger anywhere.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 12:38

brendywendy i like him, great at this level, but i simply dont believe hes good enough to be a good 1st choice prem winger anywhere.

Totally agree Brendy ....hes not good enough for Premiership or else he'd have been plying his trade there already

specialjon

by specialjon » 24 Jun 2011 14:05

DOYLERSAROYALER
brendywendy i like him, great at this level, but i simply dont believe hes good enough to be a good 1st choice prem winger anywhere.

Totally agree Brendy ....hes not good enough for Premiership or else he'd have been plying his trade there already

I agree with you in some way but also players who are good enough for the Premier league can be playing else where it's possible the PL isn't the center of the earth as everyone is led to believe by sky and the british media.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2011 14:09

id love him to prove me wrong with reading though, obv.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Jun 2011 14:36

Both Kebe and McA's failings are that they don't score enough as a result of not staying cool enough when getting close to the goal - the big difference between top players and good players. I think McA could do OK for a relegation type team ... he'd be pretty good in the games against lower level teams and really struggle against decent opposition.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jun 2011 14:38

Royalwaster Both Kebe and McA's failings are that they don't score enough as a result of not staying cool enough when getting close to the goal - the big difference between top players and good players. I think McA could do OK for a relegation type team ... he'd be pretty good in the games against lower level teams and really struggle against decent opposition.

They're both also very inconsistant performers, probably more to the point.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 24 Jun 2011 14:40

hmmm 2 Million for someone fast approaching 30, think id take that. He has had a decent career at Reading, but im not sure if he's ever been consistent enough - more often than not he will play well in a couple of games but go missing in the next four or five. If HRK can step up then im not sure we will miss Jobi too much, maybe we could nab Routledge? Kebe on the other hand is vital to get signed up.