RUMOUR - Danilo Avelar

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Saaaaaaaammmmmm

RUMOUR - Danilo Avelar

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 20 Jun 2012 15:04

Reading are eyeing Brazilian midfielder Danilo Avelar.

Danilo Avelar is tied to Ukraine's Karpaty Lviv and is attracting interest from Reading, says TMW.

The 23 year-old carries an Italian passport and also boasts experience in Germany with Schalke.

Source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/reading-target-brazilian-midfielder-danilo-avelar-3254761?utm_source=main_feed

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danilo_Fernando_Avelar

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZIXkcI2WU
Last edited by Saaaaaaaammmmmm on 20 Jun 2012 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Optimist

Re: RUMOUR - Danilo Avelar

by Optimist » 20 Jun 2012 15:11

I know wiki aren't always the most accurate when it comes to stats but they say he's played 22 games in the last two years! Of course he could have had a long term injury etc etc, but if Schalke didn't think he was Bundesliga standard, chances are he's not Premier League standard after a handful more Ukrainian League games.

Optimist

by Optimist » 20 Jun 2012 15:14

Having now seen the video, he looks rather skillful, but you must question the standard of the oppo.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 20 Jun 2012 15:16

Optimist I know wiki aren't always the most accurate when it comes to stats but they say he's played 22 games in the last two years! Of course he could have had a long term injury etc etc, but if Schalke didn't think he was Bundesliga standard, chances are he's not Premier League standard after a handful more Ukrainian League games.

Right, and Blackburn didn't think Roberts was Premiership standard, and QPR didn't think Gorkss or Leigertwood were Premiership standard, and Chelsea didn't feel Cummings was Premiership standard, and no Premiership club felt the need to beat us to the signings of Le Fondre, Harte, McAnuff...

Optimist

by Optimist » 20 Jun 2012 15:18

...which is why I think we should sign him.

:lol:

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 20 Jun 2012 15:46

RobRoyal
Optimist I know wiki aren't always the most accurate when it comes to stats but they say he's played 22 games in the last two years! Of course he could have had a long term injury etc etc, but if Schalke didn't think he was Bundesliga standard, chances are he's not Premier League standard after a handful more Ukrainian League games.

Right, and Blackburn didn't think Roberts was Premiership standard, and QPR didn't think Gorkss or Leigertwood were Premiership standard, and Chelsea didn't feel Cummings was Premiership standard, and no Premiership club felt the need to beat us to the signings of Le Fondre, Harte, McAnuff...

They're not Premier League standard, hence them having been playing in the Championship.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 20 Jun 2012 15:47

RobRoyal

tbf, Roberts is the only one to have played in the PL recently.

At the moment, all those you mentioned are really Championship standard (bar Roberts) But the jury is still out to see if he can still hack it.

I am sure they will be fine in the PL, just being a pendant.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 20 Jun 2012 15:50

Clearly none of them are proven Premiership standard - at least not for a few months yet.

My point is that if we turn our noses up at anyone who has had a less than successful top-flight stint, or has been judged not good enough by a top-flight club, we may as well start looking to replace our entire team.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 20 Jun 2012 15:52

RobRoyal Clearly none of them are proven Premiership standard - at least not for a few months yet.

My point is that if we turn our noses up at anyone who has had a less than successful top-flight stint, or has been judged not good enough by a top-flight club, we may as well start looking to replace our entire team.

Given that the current team is going to get massacred on the opening day against Stoke, never mind against anyone else, that probably isn't a bad plan.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 20 Jun 2012 15:54

Ok then. So all we need is to sign 11 proven top-flight players. Pogrebnyak doesn't count, obviously. He only did it for 8 games and didn't do well at Stuttgart.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 20 Jun 2012 15:55

RobRoyal Ok then. So all we need is to sign 11 proven top-flight players. Pogrebnyak doesn't count, obviously. He only did it for 8 games and didn't do well at Stuttgart.

Exactly. Pogrebnyak is precisely the sort of player we shouldn't be signing.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1