Rumour: Signing Nobody

141 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour: Signing Nobody

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Aug 2014 21:51

When SJM was asked if there would be any money for signings earlier today, he basically dodged the question and was keen to point out the players that we have already signed. If we could sign a good standard left back, and a striker with some pace we could be a real threat this season once the injured players come back.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour: Signing Nobody

by SPARTA » 16 Aug 2014 21:58

Adkins said earlier today that we're 'active' now but we need the right players to come in. He suggested there could be a 1-2 more. Certainly hopeful anyway.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Aug 2014 22:07

SPARTA Adkins said earlier today that we're 'active' now but we need the right players to come in. He suggested there could be a 1-2 more. Certainly hopeful anyway.

If we get one, and it's Dean Hammond.. Our squad will be massively unbalanced.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 23:18

Oh cheer up ffs

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Aug 2014 23:26

LoyalRoyal22
SPARTA Adkins said earlier today that we're 'active' now but we need the right players to come in. He suggested there could be a 1-2 more. Certainly hopeful anyway.

If we get one, and it's Dean Hammond.. Our squad will be massively unbalanced.

Oh he came on for Leicester today. Guess he is still in their plans.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Aug 2014 23:43

We're certainly better without any shit signings - can you imagine any of the Leeds signings of the last two years improving our team - and probably better without any signings at all. Of course if somebody is stupid enough to take Pogrebnyak off our hands, we'll have to replace him, but assuming nobody else leaves, it should be ok. After all when Jem, Garath, Williams, etc, come back from injury it will be like signing a new payer anyway.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Aug 2014 23:49

LoyalRoyal22 When SJM was asked if there would be any money for signings earlier today, he basically dodged the question and was keen to point out the players that we have already signed. If we could sign a good standard left back, and a striker with some pace we could be a real threat this season once the injured players come back.

:roll: :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Aug 2014 00:14

Boo, LoyalRoyal22, Boo.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2014 10:13

We need to bring in another 3/4 players and move a few out and get some of the youngsters loan deals at a good level.

This window we certainly need a defensive midfielder, a centre back and a left back on top of what we have currently.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Aug 2014 10:34

If we don't bring anybody in we will finish mid table I would imagine. Could be a useful building block for our younger players though.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Aug 2014 11:05

Surely we need another centre back, for cover at least?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 12:00

We're fine. A couple extra would be nice. We'll cope without.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2014 12:28

Ian Royal We're fine. A couple extra would be nice. We'll cope without.

I agree with this. Bearing in mind we have Guthrie, Karacan, Williams, HRK, Kelly, Mackie, Ferdinand and McCleary all likely to be taking match day squad positions, we'll be alright. Additional players would be nice, but are far from a necessity.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Aug 2014 12:38

^^ you guys are seriously blinkered. How could they justify not spending the money from the Morrison deal :!:

New owners who will 'Fully support the manager' ....

The Cox fee was funded by the Antonio sell on clause. Mackie a loan, Ferdinand a free. It's fine by me if we are happy with mid table, but frustrating as we are only 2/3 short of being real promotion contenders.

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 17 Aug 2014 12:41

No excuses of not spending at least some of the Morrison money.. needs to be done otherwise we will be considerably weaker, squad is already strained enough with the likes of Akpan having to play.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2014 12:46

As was clearly posted, additional players would be nice but we'll cope with what we've got. I'll be happy with upper mid table this year, and won't be worried if we sign no-one else.

plus, we've still got to fill that black hole somehow. Plenty of big wages still hanging around.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Aug 2014 12:54

Royal Ginger As was clearly posted, additional players would be nice but we'll cope with what we've got. I'll be happy with upper mid table this year, and won't be worried if we sign no-one else.

plus, we've still got to fill that black hole somehow. Plenty of big wages still hanging around.

Ok Brian

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Aug 2014 12:56

sandman Boo, LoyalRoyal22, Boo.

Still hating on Gunter ? Clueless

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 13:06

LoyalRoyal22 ^^ you guys are seriously blinkered. How could they justify not spending the money from the Morrison deal :!:

The Cox fee was funded by the Antonio sell on clause. Mackie a loan, Ferdinand a free. It's fine by me if we are happy with mid table, but frustrating as we are only 2/3 short of being real promotion contenders.

If the right player is available for the right price we're quite happy to bring someone in. As you'd know if you'd actually read what we'd said.

I don't mind a season or two in midtable. It's perfectly acceptable. Especially if it means saving lots of money by bringing through the extremely promising Academy players we're developing and taking a shot at promotion with them in a couple of years. We've got a very good squad, it's just got a lot of injuries. We'll cope until they get fit at which point we won't really need much in the way of new players.

I'd rather spend cautiously and wisely. Than get as excited as a 9 year old who's just been given a tenner and spend it immediately on shite without any thought.

The money doesn't vanish if you don't instantly spend it. It all benefits the club. It doesn't have to spent on a transfer fee to do that.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 17 Aug 2014 14:19

Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22 ^^ you guys are seriously blinkered. How could they justify not spending the money from the Morrison deal :!:

If the right player is available for the right price we're quite happy to bring someone in. As you'd know if you'd actually read what we'd said.

I don't mind a season or two in midtable. It's perfectly acceptable. Especially if it means saving lots of money by bringing through the extremely promising Academy players we're developing and taking a shot at promotion with them in a couple of years. We've got a very good squad, it's just got a lot of injuries. We'll cope until they get fit at which point we won't really need much in the way of new players.

I'd rather spend cautiously and wisely. Than get as excited as a 9 year old who's just been given a tenner and spend it immediately on shite without any thought.

The money doesn't vanish if you don't instantly spend it. It all benefits the club. It doesn't have to spent on a transfer fee to do that.

Problem is people always talk about an extreme long-term view and then go urghghhh blackmon's oxf*rd, #atkinsout

Personally I think mid table would represent a good season but I'll always be disappointed if we're not at least challenging for the play-offs.

141 posts