RUMOUR - Lasse Vibe

dave_logic

RUMOUR - Lasse Vibe

by dave_logic » 30 Jan 2015 09:57

Danish paper linking us with him.

27yr old Danish International winger/forward playing for IFK Göteborg (25 goals in 40)

Saying would cost around 10million DKK or £1mill.

http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/engelsk-intere ... lasse-vibe

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Lasse Vibe

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jan 2015 09:58

dave_logic Danish paper linking us with him.

27yr old Danish International winger/forward playing for IFK Göteborg (25 goals in 40)

Hopefully the latter then.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 30 Jan 2015 10:06

Hope we get him just so I can sing 'R-Kelly - Vibe' everytime he scores.

Looks decent though.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Jan 2015 10:11

Good on fifa, good on youtube.

Sign him up. :oops:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2015 10:19

Not to be mistaken with Lassi Vibe, the Bangladeshi milk bar in Bradford.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2015 10:39

Looking at some of his Youtube clips (yeah, I know, but the ones I've seen show a full season's goals, not just a highlight reel so it's a fuller picture of his all round game), he's technically very good, has a decent shot on him but also seems to get into good positions and sniff out chances around the six yd box. Doesn't seem to use his head much but, if there if there are any legs in this rumour at all, then he's different to and looks better than what we already have.

Ah, that link says we've offered £1m but Gothenburg want double that.

dave_logic

by dave_logic » 30 Jan 2015 10:41

@Frasse92 on twitter

#readingfc had €1,3m bid rejected by IFK Gothenburg for their highly sought after forward Lasse Vibe. IFK asking for twice as much.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jan 2015 10:42

Not to be confused with realistic jelly vibe.....etc etc

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2015 10:46

I have a good vibe about this one.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 30 Jan 2015 11:17

We don't have any money. Certainly not £1m.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Jan 2015 12:04

blueroyals We don't have any money. Certainly not £1m.

We have money, whether we can spend it within the constraints of FFP is another thing......

Michael Meaker

by Michael Meaker » 30 Jan 2015 12:13

Wycombe Royal

We have money, whether we can spend it within the constraints of FFP is another thing......

Anyone who has a basic level of accounting knowledge will tell you that the transfer fees are not the issue with FFP. It is mostly wages as the test is based on losses made during the year. Given that we have freed up some space on wages (Murray, Cummings and Drenthe departing) then I would have thought we have capacity to bring players in. Transfer fees are largely irrelevant for FFP and I would hope that the Thais can fund that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2015 12:43

I don't think his wages would be a problem considering the players we've moved on and I'd like to think that if Goteborg want £2m and we think it represents value, we could structure a deal where our up front commitment wasn't that great anyway.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Jan 2015 12:46

Michael Meaker
Wycombe Royal

Anyone who has a basic level of accounting knowledge will tell you that the transfer fees are not the issue with FFP. It is mostly wages as the test is based on losses made during the year. Given that we have freed up some space on wages (Murray, Cummings and Drenthe departing) then I would have thought we have capacity to bring players in. Transfer fees are largely irrelevant for FFP and I would hope that the Thais can fund that.

It all depends on how the deal is structured and what hits the P&L, but the transfer fee will have an impact. And when I said about spending the money I wasn't just referring to the transfer fee.

And for the record I am an accountant.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2015 12:51

Don't worry chaps - our new owners will spend what money we have on a nice shopping centre or something at The Mad Stad instead.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 30 Jan 2015 13:30

Wycombe Royal
Michael Meaker
Wycombe Royal We have money, whether we can spend it within the constraints of FFP is another thing......

It all depends on how the deal is structured and what hits the P&L, but the transfer fee will have an impact. And when I said about spending the money I wasn't just referring to the transfer fee.

Agree with Wycombe Royal here. The club cannot convert the cost into an asset and then depreciate over the course of the contract because a player is not seen as an 'asset' in finance terms because technically that 'Asset' could get up and walk away. You cannot pre-pay the costs over a period of time because once the player is purchased the selling club does not owe the buying club any products and services. Therefore the bulk of the transfer costs would be included in the P&L for this year

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Jan 2015 13:43

DaddyKuhl
Wycombe Royal
Michael Meaker Anyone who has a basic level of accounting knowledge will tell you that the transfer fees are not the issue with FFP. It is mostly wages as the test is based on losses made during the year. Given that we have freed up some space on wages (Murray, Cummings and Drenthe departing) then I would have thought we have capacity to bring players in. Transfer fees are largely irrelevant for FFP and I would hope that the Thais can fund that.

Agree with Wycombe Royal here. The club cannot convert the cost into an asset and then depreciate over the course of the contract because a player is not seen as an 'asset' in finance terms because technically that 'Asset' could get up and walk away. You cannot pre-pay the costs over a period of time because once the player is purchased the selling club does not owe the buying club any products and services. Therefore the bulk of the transfer costs would be included in the P&L for this year

The transfer cost will be amortised over the length of the contract. So if you sign someone for £2m on a 2 year deal you will see £1m hit the P&L in the first year following his signature. But when you running as close to the FFP limit as we are even £500k hitting P&L could cause us a massive problem, which is why ALL costs have to be taken into account and this is where the wage savings of those players leaving could prove to be crucial.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 30 Jan 2015 14:06

Wycombe Royal The transfer cost will be amortised over the length of the contract. So if you sign someone for £2m on a 2 year deal you will see £1m hit the P&L in the first year following his signature. But when you running as close to the FFP limit as we are even £500k hitting P&L could cause us a massive problem, which is why ALL costs have to be taken into account and this is where the wage savings of those players leaving could prove to be crucial.

Thanks, I have always wondered how clubs would account for the transfer fees as staff normally are never classed as an 'asset' on the balance sheet. Now I know :)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jan 2015 14:47

Pepe the Horseman
dave_logic Danish paper linking us with him.

Hopefully the latter then.

By the time the RFC spin doctors get hold of it, it will definitely be a 10 million fee!

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 30 Jan 2015 15:24

Run Lasse, go on boy! Go get help!