Lawro goes for away loss

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Sep 2006 16:15

blade 1 Tis in the past and it doesn't matter much really, but was it not 1-1 at that point?

Yes it was and had Kenny not handled we would probably have scored.

It's still irrelevant and I have no idea why I'm arguing about it.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 15 Sep 2006 16:19

i won't get you started on if convey was in a goal scoring position when kenny was harshly ajudged to have brought him down in the last minuet :lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2006 16:23

blade 1 i will not get you started on weather coney was in a goal scoring position when kenny was harshly ajudged to have brought him down in the last minuet :lol:

that was never a pen, see we over here admit those sort of things ;)

The other game (this is my one and only point on it as it's been done to Ken Dodd's death) is Kenny should have gone at 1-1, no sub keeper, against a team that rinsed the division. You would have got done 4 or 5 at least after that. The ref saved you from a mauling.

Now to the future (not garlic bread) but tomorrow, looking forward to it, big game and if we get the points then it sets us up for this horror month. If not we could find ourselves dragged towards that bottom 3 faster than Warnock signs an average striker.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 15 Sep 2006 16:29

i'd like the three points ahead of our relegation battle with arsenal coming up. :D

then again i think you have got a tricky run coming up, and no doubt you can take somthing from it, still difficult games or not better than southend away by along shot.

Btw, the pitch has been significantly narrowed and maybe this could make your quick breaks harder to do if you use the width. It certainly restricted liverpool and blackburn

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Sep 2006 16:30

blade 1 conveniently forgetting harpers rugby tackle? most blatent penalty ever.

You'd have missed it anyway.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 15 Sep 2006 16:37

IMO Kenny was definatley a red, no sub keeper we would of mauled you

i also think it was a foul from harps, however as stated if kenny were off it wouldnt of mattered

football is football, you have to just hope the bad decisions are outweighed by the good ones come the end of the season

Abbo

by Abbo » 15 Sep 2006 16:37

Disregarding the draws he has predicted, I will be have a nickle or two on the reverse outcomes to the ones he has predicted.

Trebles on:

Boro 2/1
Wigan 9/2
Reading 2/1
Man City 11/4
Fulham 5/1
Newcastle 13/5
Arsenal 10/3

Lawro, stupid mug :roll:

Well, of those seven games he got one right (Blackburn vs Man City).

I had a 45/1 treble there. Plus three draws, one of those would have meant major £.
Last edited by Abbo on 17 Sep 2006 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 15 Sep 2006 16:46

SpaceCruiser
blade 1 it could have easily been 6 points for either side.

I disagree. 3 points or 4 at a push for your team. Kenny is a cheat and should have been sent off at our place, therefore we deserved the three points and you would have been lucky to get a point.

Kenny should have been off at Bramall Lane, too. Mind you, a 9-year-old ball boy would have saved Kitson's penalty, so I doubt it would have changed the result...

blade 1

by blade 1 » 15 Sep 2006 16:50

that was never a pen, see we over here admit those sort of things

Can of worms :wink:

Any idea how many people are coming down tommorrow, not a bad journey up for you and hoefully some decnt weather could persuade a few. You should bring more than blackburn, who were quite frankly the worst support i have seen. The 23 fans who came up from Wimbledon made more noise, only time we heard them was a cheer when the second pen got saved

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2006 16:52

Sold just over 1500, usually up to 100 or so will go and pay on the day so around 1600.

Be our usual support, decent noise, just very limited chants. :lol:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 15 Sep 2006 16:54

Alan Partridge
blade 1 i will not get you started on weather coney was in a goal scoring position when kenny was harshly ajudged to have brought him down in the last minuet :lol:

Oh well, I just disagreed... From where I was sat (row D, behind the goal) Kenny grabbed Convey's leg to pull him down, preventing what would have been an easy tap-in. Although that would not have been a fair result.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2006 16:57

rabidbee
Alan Partridge

Oh well, I just disagreed... From where I was sat (row D, behind the goal) Kenny grabbed Convey's leg to pull him down, preventing what would have been an easy tap-in. Although that would not have been a fair result.

If that had been given against us would you be saying the same thing? Was never a pen. :wink:

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 15 Sep 2006 16:58

rabidbee
Alan Partridge

Yep - thats what I saw too.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2006 17:01

Reading Tinted Glasses lads :wink:

Symposium

Re: Lawro goes for away loss

by Symposium » 15 Sep 2006 17:09

BBC Sport Last time Lawro got FIVE results right and ONE perfect score.

But that doesn't really express that he got as many wrong as he got right. Which isn't actually very good...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 15 Sep 2006 17:09

Alan Partridge
rabidbee
Alan Partridge

If that had been given against us would you be saying the same thing? Was never a pen. :wink:

Well, yes. I don't how pulling down a player who has run past you, and has an open net to aim for, is not preventing a goal-scoring opportunity, frankly.

IMO, Kenny should have been off in both games, and Harper's obstruction of Gillespie was probably also a pen*. However, how blades1 thinks that Harper grabbed his neck I don't know - he clearly body-checked him. If Gillespie hadn't made such a meal of it, he would probably have got the pen.

(Accepting all the caveats about how Kenny's earlier sending-off might have changed the complexion of the game, &c.)

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 15 Sep 2006 17:15

Alan Partridge Reading Tinted Glasses lads :wink:

Not at all.

From where I was sitting Kenny clearly pulled Bobby down.

If I thought he had dived then I would of said so!

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 15 Sep 2006 17:27

cmonurz Why the criticism of someone because he predicts a Reading loss?

Wow, some sense. A number of posters here think that anyone who dares to predict Reading will lose, or may struggle, is a cock. The job of Lawrenson, like any other pundit, is to have a general knowledge about football. He doesn't have the time to research every single thing about Reading - he doesn't claim to be a Reading expert. His prediction is not an unreasonable one; I haven't looked at the bookies' odds but suspect that Blades have shorter odds than Reading. A number of people have said that they'd be happy with a point.

We are one of the relegation favourites, even though it's September and we've started well. If you offered a number of fans 17th place at the end of the season, many of us would take it. The bookies probably still predict that we're one of the teams likely to go down; if you don't agree, good for you, the bookies' odds will seem favorable and you can make money.

Don't get me wrong, Lawro is smug, annoying, conceited etc., but it seems that no-one can predict a Reading loss without being flamed.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Sep 2006 17:34

Boston Royal
cmonurz Why the criticism of someone because he predicts a Reading loss?

Wow, some sense. A number of posters here think that anyone who dares to predict Reading will lose, or may struggle, is a cock. The job of Lawrenson, like any other pundit, is to have a general knowledge about football. He doesn't have the time to research every single thing about Reading - he doesn't claim to be a Reading expert. His prediction is not an unreasonable one; I haven't looked at the bookies' odds but suspect that Blades have shorter odds than Reading. A number of people have said that they'd be happy with a point.

We are one of the relegation favourites, even though it's September and we've started well. If you offered a number of fans 17th place at the end of the season, many of us would take it. The bookies probably still predict that we're one of the teams likely to go down; if you don't agree, good for you, the bookies' odds will seem favorable and you can make money.

Don't get me wrong, Lawro is smug, annoying, conceited etc., but it seems that no-one can predict a Reading loss without being flamed.

Oh really, that should excuse him for his lack of knowledge. Surely it would not take him much time to find out how previous games have gone - i.e. loading up soccerbase, selecting head-to-head, selecting Sheff Utd and then Reading and bingo, the entire history of matches played between them. If he had checked that, then maybe he could make a better informed opinion on the possible score. To a lot of us, it seems like he looks at the fixture and thinks "hmmmm, Sheff Utd at home to Reading.....looks like a home win there...." and then move on without another thought.

Percy Freemans Thighs

by Percy Freemans Thighs » 16 Sep 2006 08:31

Back to the thread title....On radio five live yesterday (Friday) afternoon Lawro went through the prem matches one by one and this time predicted a draw (with goals all over the place!?). I imagine that somewhere else he is predicting an away win so he's got all bases covered.