Fergie at the game

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Fergie at the game

by Chaney » 17 Sep 2006 00:30

Telly cameras showed Alex at the game today, probably having a look at us before next week, he may have been a little concerned watching our first half display, on paper his team of superstars should win a canter, but fottunately for us football isnt played on paper.
Im hoping for a battling draw..that would be a magnificent result for us..and a win?..dont even go there!!!! :lol:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 17 Sep 2006 01:23

We've just gotta get behind the boys, and if we play like we did in the 1st half today that we have a serious fighting chance at competing with Utd.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fergie at the game

by rabidbee » 17 Sep 2006 02:34

Chaney Telly cameras showed Alex at the game today, probably having a look at us before next week, he may have been a little concerned watching our first half display, on paper his team of superstars should win a canter, but fottunately for us football isnt played on paper.
Im hoping for a battling draw..that would be a magnificent result for us..and a win?..dont even go there!!!! :lol:

Not if we defend like we did today. We may have only conceded one, but that is a measure of United's inadequacies. We looked very shakey at the back today - it's worrying.

Let's hope that tomorrow's games are total bloodbaths, as we're playing all four teams soon...!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Fergie at the game

by Arch » 17 Sep 2006 02:39

rabidbee
Chaney Telly cameras showed Alex at the game today, probably having a look at us before next week, he may have been a little concerned watching our first half display, on paper his team of superstars should win a canter, but fottunately for us football isnt played on paper.

Not if we defend like we did today. We may have only conceded one, but that is a measure of United's inadequacies. We looked very shakey at the back today - it's worrying.

Let's hope that tomorrow's games are total bloodbaths, as we're playing all four teams soon...!
Don't sweat it. Defensive mix ups are part and parcel of the game at this level. Everyone has embarrassing moments.

Honestly, two points from the next four games would be a fie reward.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 17 Sep 2006 03:01

What's a fie?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Sep 2006 04:27

Fie on your question.

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 17 Sep 2006 08:29

Maybe a little optimistic but i can see us grabbing 1-0/2-1 win next week :)

And not forgetting, Who The Fcuk Are Man Utd? :D

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 17 Sep 2006 08:50

I thought Sir Alex looked a little worried!

Not worried about the next few games...need to make the Mad Stad rock- and I think 7 from the next 7.

Next weeks headlines "Reading hold Manure to a draw..." after that everyone will start saying that a trip to the Mad Stad is not an easy game... :lol:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 17 Sep 2006 09:02

exileinleeds everyone will start saying that a trip to the Mad Stad is not an easy game... :lol:

I like it when we're underestimated ... long may it continue. Funny how we've changed from the most likely of the promoted clubs to be relegated to the surprise package.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 17 Sep 2006 11:35

Anyone notice the tomato sauce splattered on his face?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 17 Sep 2006 11:46

Ferguson has learnt his lesson from a few seasons ago when he rested players against the minnows and came unstuck.

He knows Coppell well, and won't be taking the game for granted.

It's going to be a cracking game between two sides who play football. Unfortunately I think that will suit United more, but who knows.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Sep 2006 11:54

I think it is in our favour that there is another Champs League game coming up where Man Utd's thoughts might just be elsewhere-clutching a bit at straws maybe but also I gather that Van de Saar is not fully fit so possibly he may be saved for future games.
My one wish would be that Ronaldo doesn't play but if he does that he stays all the time wide left against Murty rather out right against Shorey/Convey.

Evening Post

by Evening Post » 17 Sep 2006 12:06

moo We've just gotta get behind the boys, and if we play like we did in the 1st half today that we have a serious fighting chance at competing with Utd.

Yeah OK :roll:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 17 Sep 2006 12:24

moo We've just gotta get behind the boys, and if we play like we did in the 1st half today that we have a serious fighting chance at competing with Utd.

No more drugs for that man.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2006 12:26

OFFS, if you treat Utd like they are some sort of team of Gods then they'll punish you. They are just another team, be it with very good players. Going out and getting stuck in with our attacking play is the way to compete with them and compete we can if we're at the top of our game. They're not invincible. We can compete with them and we are capable of beating them at home.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 17 Sep 2006 12:28

Ian Royal OFFS, if you treat Utd like they are some sort of team of Gods then they'll punish you. They are just another team, be it with very good players. Going out and getting stuck in with our attacking play is the way to compete with them and compete we can if we're at the top of our game. They're not invincible. We can compete with them and we are capable of beating them at home.

You optimism is comendable, but in reality we will do well to get a point from the fixture.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2006 12:44

Yes it will be a good result, but we are quite capable of even beating them at home. Dismissing any suggestion that we can compete with them is laughable and makes me think certain people should oxf*rd off to Manchester.... or more likely surrey.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 Sep 2006 15:29

Victor Meldrew My one wish would be that Ronaldo doesn't play.

Surely you want to watch Reading hold a full strength Utd to a draw... Not a mediocure one! And your playing good money, i'd want to watch a full strength side!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Sep 2006 17:04

I can see us picking up some points in the comming month. At the very least we're going to prove to the doubters that we're not here to make up the numbers.

Gentleman Jim

by Gentleman Jim » 17 Sep 2006 17:05

It seems funny but I thought it was Chelsea that ran away with the league last season, not United. Didn't Portsmouth beat them twice on Pompey's 1st season back in the top flight? United will lose games this season, same as everyone else. No reason why we can't get a result.