away supporters in the home end

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Sep 2006 17:28

Royal Lady If the Away end is sold out, how do they move away supporters found in home ends into the away end?

I've wondered that too.

They must radio across and ask if there is any spare seats, if not then they'll be chucked out.

Mind you the away end is normally packed with no spare seats.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Sep 2006 18:10

That Friday Feeling Here's one that won't be in the home end :lol:

The Evening Post Man U believe it - fan 'fed up' Kos he's on hols

When lifelong Royals fan Peter Iremonger looked at his team’s fixtures list, he was elated – and then devastated.

The season ticket holderwas overjoyed to see his two teams, Reading and Manchester United, going head-to-head at Madejski Stadium.

But on closer inspection he realised Reading’s game of the season is taking place while he is on holiday.

While he is lying on a beach on Greek island Kos, soaking up the sun, Lita and Co will battle it out against the Red Devils on a pitch thousands of miles away.

Mr Iremonger, who has tattoos of the emblems of both Man Utd and Reading on his arm, said he could not believe it when he looked at the fixtures list.

But he promised he was not going to take it lying down.

Have they really got "Bruv" printed on their shirts?

How do they tell them apart? :roll:

What a pair of kunts.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Sep 2006 18:12

So, now they'e put in the paper that they're away, all the club have to do is go and visit their seats on Saturday to check that no-one's using their STs.

Symposium

by Symposium » 21 Sep 2006 18:31

AF1 I do recall though some manc fan who thought it was a blinding idea to come stand on the right side of the bank with his kids I think - during the FA Cup game a good few years ago. As memory serves he got a smack in the face when he cheered their first goal :lol:

I remember that too... and after he was finally flung out, I think someone hit one of the kids too... :roll:

anR

by anR » 21 Sep 2006 23:49

bobby1413 Mind you the away end is normally packed with no spare seats.

Every one of them will be free, fool. Man United supporters watch the game standing up. :wink:

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 22 Sep 2006 00:14

Mrs Butler yes.... but do you think people within the boxes are going to cause trouble.. i dont think so

Not true, happened about three seasons ago. Those softie Upper West stewards didn't know what to do.

Golden rule: If it can happen it will.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Sep 2006 00:24

Jerry St Clair Anyone who feels rage at just because a fellow humanbeing, who supports a different football team and chooses to place themselves in a seat in their vicinity, really needs have a close look at their attitude to life.

Why? Its common curtousy to go into the away end, If its full stay at home.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Sep 2006 01:15

LOL @ United taking over the town centre and ground.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Sep 2006 01:19

TVP will have seen nothing like it, and it will be a big experience for them. Not an ideal learning curve for graduate trainees and young police women IMO. Personally rekcon they will be overwhelmed with the numbers in and around town, and buckle. A lot of reading fans will go into town for a drink before hand and quickly make a swift exit up to the mad stad and let united have their way.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Sep 2006 01:30

I've heard The Scorpions are turning out big style to prevent a total white wash.

Plenty of old timers and faces not seen since the 80's will be in attendance. United won't have it their own way and they could well come unstuck against a firm who operate with military precision. Boro have already been done by these violent madman, will United be next?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 22 Sep 2006 04:11

AF1 Thinking about it I am sure there were times at Elm Park - when we were doing well, especially the 94/95 season when you'd have a few Reading fans going in the away end - just to get in.

Then you'd have their mates on the South Bank taking the piss with 'Gary, give us a wave' or something - and you'd look over to see some chap shifting awkwardly and staring at his feet whilst a thousand or so northerners stood there scratching their heads wondering who the fu(k we were singing at :lol:

:lol: Funniest post i've ever read

ALOL

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Sep 2006 12:13

my manc mate told me yesterday that 35,000 people applied for 2,200 tickets and most of the fans believe they are going to charge a gate and try and get through it that way.

i also turned down 400 quid for both my tickets, a limo to and from the away game, a hotel overnight and meeting some of the players

a good offer i thought

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Sep 2006 13:51

FiNeRaIn
Jerry St Clair Anyone who feels rage at just because a fellow humanbeing, who supports a different football team and chooses to place themselves in a seat in their vicinity, really needs have a close look at their attitude to life.

What do you think of Reading fans who went in the home ends at Leicester and Brentford? Do you think they deserved a kicking?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Sep 2006 13:55

Jerry St Clair
FiNeRaIn

What do you think of Reading fans who went in the home ends at Leicester and Brentford? Do you think they deserved a kicking?

It depends on how they conduct themselves. If they do so with a little common courtesy and respect then no. But if they celebrate excessively and in a purposely over-dramatic fashion to purposely taunt the home supporters then yes.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 22 Sep 2006 14:34

gazzer, loyal royal my manc mate told me yesterday that 35,000 people applied for 2,200 tickets and most of the fans believe they are going to charge a gate and try and get through it that way.

LOL i cant wait it definelty will be a very hostile atmosphere everywhere.

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 22 Sep 2006 14:41

Sharpy
gazzer, loyal royal my manc mate told me yesterday that 35,000 people applied for 2,200 tickets and most of the fans believe they are going to charge a gate and try and get through it that way.

LOL i cant wait it definelty will be a very hostile atmosphere everywhere.

And why's that?

Walkabout 1230?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 22 Sep 2006 14:42

nope. not going into town. im on about the game more than anything. y25/y26 is going to be amazing

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Sep 2006 14:48

Sharpy nope. not going into town. im on about the game more than anything. y25/y26 is going to be amazing

Yea as long as that oxf*rd behind me doesn't start moaning because he can't see.

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 22 Sep 2006 14:51

Sharpy nope. not going into town. im on about the game more than anything. y25/y26 is going to be amazing

As long as the scoreline stays respectable I think the whole ground will be amazing.

Town first is always fun whoever we play IMO.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 22 Sep 2006 15:14

Lets all get fcuked up!!