Trouble after the game

187 posts
savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 24 Sep 2006 15:23

I don't think it matters wearing Reading tops at OT imho.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 24 Sep 2006 15:23

Utd and Brighton fans, many live in the same town ...and are both generally gay

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 24 Sep 2006 15:24

savage 4 england I don't think it matters wearing Reading tops at OT imho.

I doubt many of the nutters will travel up to OT, it'll just be their prawn sandwich bunch

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Sep 2006 15:28

Legend
Jerry St Clair I heard that 100 United were stopped outside Reading having teamed up with 3 million Brighton to smash the town up.

This could, of course, be complete bollox, though.

I am not aware of a connection between Brighton and Man Utd so i'd suspect you are right, it's bollox.

alad, aggro and now Legend whooshed in the space of a week. I'm honoured.

Legend

by Legend » 24 Sep 2006 15:29

Jerry St Clair
Legend
Jerry St Clair I heard that 100 United were stopped outside Reading having teamed up with 3 million Brighton to smash the town up.

This could, of course, be complete bollox, though.

I am not aware of a connection between Brighton and Man Utd so i'd suspect you are right, it's bollox.

alad, aggro and now Legend whooshed in the space of a week. I'm honoured.

The whoosh gets turned on you my friend.

Just ask abbo :lol:

by Newbie » 24 Sep 2006 16:48

I was quite surprised at the amount of our fans who would just walk past any incident of trouble without doing anything, from what i heard also was that the police were useless. :roll:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Sep 2006 16:57

Having stopped for a beer in the Hotel I missed what went on on the A33. Police were just letting the coach leave as I got there.

Big LOL at the Reading fan who thought it would be clever to flick some "V"s at the United fans on the coach. Chased across the road by four coppers who put him in an armlock. He was sh1tting himself "No need to do that, I'm 50 years old you know".

:roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Sep 2006 17:10

That Friday Feeling "No need to do that, I'm 50 years old you know".

Then he should bloddy well act it, then.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Sep 2006 17:48

Jerry St Clair

I do, well sometimes.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Sep 2006 17:54

Jerry St Clair

behave lol

rfc2005

by rfc2005 » 24 Sep 2006 18:14

the group of twats waiting by the barrier before geting on the coach were singing "shove your england up your arse" :? then singing
"portugal, portugal". last time i checked man utd were an english club therefore they have to be the most stupid set of supporters in the world. when i asked a man utd fan about this he said "there is no point supporting england when you support man utd, we are our own country and we support our players not the england squad." i would put my house on them all having a go at ronaldo during the world cup!

MattRobinsonslongball

by MattRobinsonslongball » 24 Sep 2006 18:20

Have not seen it on here, but sorry if it has been stated already.

I saw the trouble by the round about after the game, or at least the tail end.

I saw 6-7 united fans, could have been more involved, pushing and taking kicks at a women. She was bending down trying to pick up her glasses which were smashed on the floor and they were gathered round her and chanting united. I was disgusted. I know people are frightened to get involved but no one seemed to stop and say anything. 100's of Reading fans and a few Manc kids!?

What also annoyed me was I had heaps of police near the ground telling me which way I could go but could not find a single one near the round about. I had to run back towards the ground to find them. I am a pig, so I know its tough to be every where at once, but I think their planning was very poor. Its no good standing right by the stadium and then pointing home and away fans together to an area with no police presence.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 24 Sep 2006 18:38

MattRobinsonslongball I saw 6-7 united fans, could have been more involved, pushing and taking kicks at a women. She was bending down trying to pick up her glasses which were smashed on the floor and they were gathered round her and chanting united. I was disgusted. I know people are frightened to get involved but no one seemed to stop and say anything. 100's of Reading fans and a few Manc kids!?
Didn't you try and help her?

MattRobinsonslongball

by MattRobinsonslongball » 24 Sep 2006 18:53

Sorry, didnt state that bit. Not a lot I could do. I stood by her and shouted 'what the f*ck are you doing' and made mention to her being a women. At this point the group were kind a standing around, some walking off. It died down enough for me to leg it over to the police and call them over. Obviously once the police got near the few lads left legged it.

It completely ruined the massive high I was on. I was so F*cking angry.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Sep 2006 19:17

MattRobinsonslongball What also annoyed me was I had heaps of police near the ground telling me which way I could go but could not find a single one near the round about. I had to run back towards the ground to find them. I am a pig, so I know its tough to be every where at once, but I think their planning was very poor. Its no good standing right by the stadium and then pointing home and away fans together to an area with no police presence.

TVP are either very slow learners or cowards trying to avoid getting caught up in trouble. Over the years there repeatedly has been trouble along the A33 and near the roundabouts as the troublesome/thuggish element amongst visiting supporters come round to confront home supporters as they leave the stadium. So why are the police never there?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 24 Sep 2006 19:30

MattRobinsonslongball Sorry, didnt state that bit. Not a lot I could do. I stood by her and shouted 'what the f*ck are you doing' and made mention to her being a women. At this point the group were kind a standing around, some walking off. It died down enough for me to leg it over to the police and call them over. Obviously once the police got near the few lads left legged it.

It completely ruined the massive high I was on. I was so F*cking angry.

I saw a couple of kids being caught by police and filmed... apparently 1 of the kids involved in the glasses smashing incident was 'caught' by some fans who followed them from the bus que a d had his head pushed into the road with cars driving past and he was bricking it.

DaveM

by DaveM » 24 Sep 2006 20:20

Surely with the safety gate preventing any trouble at the ground the police should be on or around the a33 as it's where the two sets of fans will meet?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 24 Sep 2006 20:31

The_Cat I also saw someone wearing a new red AIG Man U shirt under the white away Reading shirt from a couple of seasons back. :roll:

That was my sister.....

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 24 Sep 2006 20:32

skipper
The_Cat I also saw someone wearing a new red AIG Man U shirt under the white away Reading shirt from a couple of seasons back. :roll:

That was my sister.....
Your sister is a bloke. :shock:

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 24 Sep 2006 21:12

Rob-Royal
The main charachter was apparently some well known fan who makes up his own CD's with just him singing on it! Puts the Scorpians to shame....!

187 posts
It is currently 01 Oct 2024 20:15