greetings from donegal

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bent copper

greetings from donegal

by bent copper » 25 Sep 2006 14:52

Hows it going lads?Very well I expect from the looks of things.You boys were on live across here a couple of weeks ago(sheffield utd).Team played very well as you know and your supporters looked very prominent
behind that goal.Looked as if you took 4/5000 which is impressive.RTE were meant to show Everton/Wigan but the lecky went down at Goodison so we got you fellas.I dont know if you have ever heard of my local side Finn Harps(we narrowly lost 12-1 to Derby County in the Uefa cup in the seventies) but Doyle got two goals against us in his final appearance for Cork. Him and Long seem to love Reading if their interviews are anything to go by.Shorey and Sonko have really impressed me, think you can end up midtable if injuries allow.Hows young Hayes doing? I've never seen him play but heard good things about him from Irish youths.Boss is coming got to go, good luck.If you want any info from this side of water just ask.
ps Is it true David Brent is based on some Reading fan lol?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: greetings from donegal

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 14:54

bent copper ps Is it true David Brent is based on some Reading fan lol?

:roll:

No.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Sep 2006 14:59

Greetings BC,

David Brent is a Reading fan in the program. This is because Ricky Gervais is from Reading.

Hope that's slightly more helpful than Spacey's reply.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 15:03

Stranded Greetings BC,

David Brent is a Reading fan in the program. This is because Ricky Gervais is from Reading.

Surely that's wrong. David Brent isn't a football fan at all. But Ricky Gervis is from Reading.......

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 25 Sep 2006 15:08

SpaceCruiser
Stranded Greetings BC,

Surely that's wrong. David Brent isn't a football fan at all. But Ricky Gervis is from Reading.......

it's still more helpful than your original reply though, and more correct than your second :wink:

anyway welcome BC, yes things are looking good if youre' a REading fan, or indeed if you're young, Irish, and playing for Reading

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Sep 2006 15:22

SpaceCruiser
Stranded Greetings BC,

Ok, sorry. The character claims to be Reading fan in one of the later episodes of The Office. Is that good enough for you, Spacey?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: greetings from donegal

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Sep 2006 15:23

bent copper Hows it going lads?Very well I expect from the looks of things.You boys were on live across here a couple of weeks ago(sheffield utd).Team played very well as you know and your supporters looked very prominent
behind that goal.Looked as if you took 4/5000 which is impressive.RTE were meant to show Everton/Wigan but the lecky went down at Goodison so we got you fellas.I dont know if you have ever heard of my local side Finn Harps(we narrowly lost 12-1 to Derby County in the Uefa cup in the seventies) but Doyle got two goals against us in his final appearance for Cork. Him and Long seem to love Reading if their interviews are anything to go by.Shorey and Sonko have really impressed me, think you can end up midtable if injuries allow.Hows young Hayes doing? I've never seen him play but heard good things about him from Irish youths.Boss is coming got to go, good luck.If you want any info from this side of water just ask.
ps Is it true David Brent is based on some Reading fan lol?

What part of Donegal are you from Bent?

We spend time in Rossnowlagh each summer. Very nice.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 15:30

Stranded
SpaceCruiser
Stranded Greetings BC,

Ok, sorry. The character claims to be Reading fan in one of the later episodes of The Office. Is that good enough for you, Spacey?

Yes, that is what I thought, even though I haven't seen the episode.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 25 Sep 2006 15:31

i fcuking love paddys i do!!

was in greencastle across the loch from magilligan the other week

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 25 Sep 2006 15:40

hello bent copper. David Brent is based on someone who very occasionally posts posts here on hob nob called 'Spacecruiser'

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Sep 2006 16:02

mathematically_safe hello bent copper. David Brent is based on someone who very occasionally posts posts here on hob nob called 'Spacecruiser'

To be fair. David Brent is a lot more humerous and a lot less predicatable the Spacey.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 25 Sep 2006 16:06

Royal With Cheese
mathematically_safe hello bent copper. David Brent is based on someone who very occasionally posts posts here on hob nob called 'Spacecruiser'

To be fair. David Brent is a lot more humerous and a lot less predicatable the Spacey.

I never claimed to be humorous.
Last edited by SpaceCruiser on 25 Sep 2006 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 25 Sep 2006 16:07

I have some relations that live in Lifford and go and see Finn Harps. Prolly gonna switch over to the mighty Derry city now they're in the UEFA

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 25 Sep 2006 16:09

SpaceCruiser
Royal With Cheese

I never claimed to be humourous.

QED

:lol:

bent copper

by bent copper » 25 Sep 2006 16:38

PlasticRoyale I have some relations that live in Lifford and go and see Finn Harps. Prolly gonna switch over to the mighty Derry city now they're in the UEFA

Would a Reading fan switch to the " mighty" Oxford.Thought not.Anybody can have a lucky year so the muckers can enjoy the Uefa.I visited Elm Park around 94 , with my Burnley supporting boss.Match finished 0-0.Burnley had the widest footballer I have evr seen playing up front for
them.Think his name was Gayle?
Royal with Cheese do you ever visit the Smugglers creek for beer and grub?I have a cousin lives in Reading, think he only goes to the Rugby which doesnt interest me tbh.Is it hard to get tickets for the Royals.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Sep 2006 16:54

bent copper
PlasticRoyale I have some relations that live in Lifford and go and see Finn Harps. Prolly gonna switch over to the mighty Derry city now they're in the UEFA

Would a Reading fan switch to the " mighty" Oxford.Thought not.Anybody can have a lucky year so the muckers can enjoy the Uefa.I visited Elm Park around 94 , with my Burnley supporting boss.Match finished 0-0.Burnley had the widest footballer I have evr seen playing up front for
them.Think his name was Gayle?
Royal with Cheese do you ever visit the Smugglers creek for beer and grub?I have a cousin lives in Reading, think he only goes to the Rugby which doesnt interest me tbh.Is it hard to get tickets for the Royals.

Yes Bent, every time we go to the beach. Top Seafood chowder.Have a relative with a mobile home in Bundoran so get to spend a fair bit of time in the area in the summer. Was in there a couple of weeks ago enjoying a pint and watching the sun set over the bay. Very nice indeed.

Have yet to see the mighty Harps despite having my wedding reception not even a mile from their ground!

As for the ticketing situation, this year and the back end of last: Yes. Any other time in our 135 year histrory: No.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 25 Sep 2006 18:53

Stranded
SpaceCruiser
Stranded Greetings BC,

In fact the character admits to "knowing nothing about football, as I support Reading!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stupid little fat beardy gimp!

:wink:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 25 Sep 2006 19:38

hi Bent Copper.

I've been all over Ireland, except Donegal. One day.

who do you follow in England? Or is it just FH for you?

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently 01 Oct 2024 20:17