After our game on Sunday...

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 14 Oct 2006 11:59

Stands with seats have generally been designed nowadays so that the person sat in that seat has a good view, so if they falll they could potentially do damage to themselfs due to the "large" plateu they are on.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 15 Oct 2006 20:58

Sorry Shades, i shouldn't have resorted to silly comments but it was late and i was tired.

Andy, you continue with your blinkers firmly attatched to your head. Hooliganism is not the only reason for a non return to terracing, and i could roll out an endless list of incidents, but quantity does not assist the evidence. The club do not want a return either. They can monitor situations, and plan ahead better with all seaters. They know who sits where, and when. All seaters eradicate illegal entrants as only the valid owner of the seat ticket can take that seat. We have 'sell outs' but never 'lock outs' as we did with terracing.
The club and supporters have together built up a club that to others is enviable, and really don't want tarnish the image with the backward step of scruffy terracing. There is no argument in that, the terraces created a better atmosphere, as i have never been in a better atmosphere as the ones we've had at the Mad Stad lately.
However, i have one suggestion for you and all others that wish to stand, as were on 'sky TV' quite a lot, go down the pub and watch and i'm sure that no one will object to you standing up.
Andy, i don't want to meet you for a drink as you are boring me already, on top of which you have got your point of view and don't want to listen to discussion or reason. Not my sort of bloke.
I'm now butting out of this pointless discusion, its totally hypothetical as we all know that the terraces will never ever ever return, along with me on this subject, so don't bother posting another poorly attempted put down, as i wont be reading it. Bye.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 15 Oct 2006 21:33

Most people would be happy just to be allowed to stand where their seat is.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 16 Oct 2006 12:43

Count me in................

Not a hope in hell though :(

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Oct 2006 13:53

So there are people who would prefer to sit down at a football match. That is fine, that is what we can all do right now.

There are also people who would prefer to stand up at a football match.

The debate isn't about whether people would prefer to sit or stand. The debate is about, for the people who would like to stand, can they have an area in the ground where they can stand?

This would not affect the people who are sitting down. They can continue to sit if that is what they prefer. The people like me and many others who would rather stand, should they not be allowed to have an area where they can stand?

There doesn't need to be lock outs. A terrace could have a capacity of 5,000 and only 5,000 terrace tickets could be sold in advance. We have learned from the lessons of lock outs. Lock outs don't need to happen if there is good planning. Everyone knows this!

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 16 Oct 2006 16:11

There seem to be more and more people standing at the Madejski now anyway. For the last 20 mins on Sat, pretty much all of Y26 and much of Y25 was standing.

This also happened to be when the atmosphere seemed to be at it's most raucous. Coincidence?