Now That's What I Call Football!!!!!!!!!!

121 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Oct 2006 19:25

URZZ
SpaceCruiser Arsenal were oxf*rd lucky, just caught us on a bad day. It was never a oxf*rd penalty, cheating oxf*rd. Henry can only score against the small teams. French oxf*rd. oxf*rd off Arsenal and Wenger.

I don't know how you can say that, if you honestly think that, you don't know an awful lot about football.

We were outclassed.

it was alad taking the piss mate, he never posted that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Oct 2006 19:26

URZZ
SpaceCruiser Arsenal were oxf*rd lucky, just caught us on a bad day. It was never a oxf*rd penalty, cheating oxf*rd. Henry can only score against the small teams. French oxf*rd. oxf*rd off Arsenal and Wenger.

I don't know how you can say that, if you honestly think that, you don't know an awful lot about football.

We were outclassed.

You thick twunt. :lol:

Legend

by Legend » 22 Oct 2006 19:27

Platypuss
URZZ

We were outclassed.

You thick twunt. :lol:

Ban this abuse.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Oct 2006 19:47

I'm delighted that, we didn't start with 4-5-1, delighted that we started Long rather than Lita and pleased that Coppell gave Gunnarsson the chance at right back he should have had the first time Murts was injured.

He's never let anyone down there and is more familar with our defensive set up than Useless looks like being anytime soon..................respect to SC for making the change at half time.

Agreed with every word of Steve Coppell's post match analysis (and Mick Goodings, too) particulary his comments about their being some positives to come from this game.

We should all be beside ourselves with joy that it's taken until the back end of October to be comprehensively outclassed in one of the best leagues in the world, playing a very similar side to the one that got us promoted.

The reason we couldn't get near them was because they were too good and not because we lacked commitment or showed them too much respect.

If Arsenal play like that for the rest of the season neither Chelsea or Man U will live with them and, for the time being, we have to accept that we can't compete to that standard.

For now, Arsenal really are in different league but I think we'll do more than ok against the rest of this division.

Doyle and Lita does not work at this level and I thought Long did well enough to get another chance down at Pompey. Little and Oster also looked good when they came on and might provide some fresh legs in the coming weeks.

This was a day to sit back and admire a team that were light years ahead of what we saw last week.

O how I hope they do well enough this season to cost that piece of sh*t Mourhino his job :evil:

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 22 Oct 2006 19:56

I thought Fabregas was superb today. We bearly got near him, and he always seemed to have the killer ball. Ran their midfield today....and he is 19. This lad will be a world beater.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Oct 2006 19:58

Woodcote Royal I'm delighted that, we didn't start with 4-5-1, delighted that we started Long rather than Lita and pleased that Coppell gave Gunnarsson the chance at right back he should have had the first time Murts was injured.

He's never let anyone down there and is more familar with our defensive set up than Useless looks like being anytime soon..................respect to SC for making the change at half time.

Agreed with every word of Steve Coppell's post match analysis (and Mick Goodings, too) particulary his comments about their being some positives to come from this game.

We should all be beside ourselves with joy that it's taken until the back end of October to be comprehensively outclassed in one of the best leagues in the world, playing a very similar side to the one that got us promoted.

The reason we couldn't get near them was because they were too good and not because we lacked commitment or showed them too much respect.

If Arsenal play like that for the rest of the season neither Chelsea or Man U will live with them and, for the time being, we have to accept that we can't compete to that standard.

For now, Arsenal really are in different league but I think we'll do more than ok against the rest of this division.

Doyle and Lita does not work at this level and I thought Long did well enough to get another chance down at Pompey. Little and Oster also looked good when they came on and might provide some fresh legs in the coming weeks.

This was a day to sit back and admire a team that were light years ahead of what we saw last week.

O how I hope they do well enough this season to cost that piece of sh*t Mourhino his job :evil:

Chelsea will still win the league because they have the guts for a fight when the going gets tough, Arsenal do not.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2006 19:59

Woodcote Royal I thought Long did well enough to get another chance down at Pompey.

By doing what exactly?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2006 20:00

Royal Fleet I thought Fabregas was superb today. We bearly got near him, and he always seemed to have the killer ball. Ran their midfield today....and he is 19. This lad will be a world beater.

Agreed. A very, very special player.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Oct 2006 20:03

Avon Royal
Woodcote Royal I thought Long did well enough to get another chance down at Pompey.

By doing what exactly?

A lot more than Leroy has in recent weeks (not all Lita's fault, he really needs to play off a target man and we need someone to hold up the ball) )

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Oct 2006 20:12

Not much to really say about that game apart from a simple shrug of the shoulders and an acceptance that we got torn to pieces by a much better side. It was always going to happen at some point , just need to get over it and move on.

Slightly worried about the squad depth though - players like DLC and Long are just not good enough for this level

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Oct 2006 20:18

I'd add Hunt to that "not good enough" list, much as I like his attitude.

ps could all "Reading"/Arsenal fans NOT post for a couple of days. That result really hurts those of us who only follow one team.

Much appreciated.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2006 20:23

The Arse were sheer class today. I hope they continue playing like that and knock the cheating, whining Chelski scum off the top.

We started to look a bit better when we stopped the long ball hoof (seeing that return was the biggest downer of the day) and started to try to play a quick, short passing game ourselves.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Oct 2006 20:23

LUX could all "Reading"/Arsenal fans NOT post for a couple of days. That result really hurts those of us who only follow one team.

Much appreciated.

There was too much respect from the players ... and the fans today.
I'd swap one plastic for 10 "my other premiership team is arsenal" fans :evil:

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 22 Oct 2006 20:30

Platypuss Feet back on the ground time for sure - probably not a bad thing to be honest.

It also looked like the events of last Saturday had had an effect - we just didn't get close enough to them all game.

If there were ever a time to play 4-5-1 this season it was then.
#

Totally agree, though in all honesty the way Arsenal palyed today they would have beaten anyone. I would say it was maybe Coppells first tactical bo bo by not employing 4-5-1 today. I would like to have seen Little on the right and Seol lurking in an attacking mid position with the hard working Doyle upfront. The way we play suits Arsenal completely, their counter attacking play was twice as good as our own so i think a tinkering in the formation from the start might have bought about a sturdier Reading.

The result didnt shock me really, we'll have to get used to similar scorelines in the future against the big boys. My only slight concern is our lack of goals and Kitson being out- Doyle is a hard worker but we cant expect everything to go through him. I'll reserve judgement on De La Cruz today, but i have to say if we can sort out Bikey's disciplinary record he could be the rough diamond to help out the Royals with Murty being out.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 22 Oct 2006 20:35

URZZ

We were outclassed.

:roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Oct 2006 20:37

holsgrove breaks a leg
Platypuss Feet back on the ground time for sure - probably not a bad thing to be honest.

It also looked like the events of last Saturday had had an effect - we just didn't get close enough to them all game.

If there were ever a time to play 4-5-1 this season it was then.
#

Totally agree, though in all honesty the way Arsenal palyed today they would have beaten anyone. I would say it was maybe Coppells first tactical bo bo by not employing 4-5-1 today. I would like to have seen Little on the right and Seol lurking in an attacking mid position with the hard working Doyle upfront. The way we play suits Arsenal completely, their counter attacking play was twice as good as our own so i think a tinkering in the formation from the start might have bought about a sturdier Reading.

The result didnt shock me really, we'll have to get used to similar scorelines in the future against the big boys. My only slight concern is our lack of goals and Kitson being out- Doyle is a hard worker but we cant expect everything to go through him. I'll reserve judgement on De La Cruz today, but i have to say if we can sort out Bikey's disciplinary record he could be the rough diamond to help out the Royals with Murty being out.

Don't forget Sodje. I've heard many a Brentford fan say they reckon he'll end up a full back.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Oct 2006 20:59

Agree with most that has been said on here including alad's point that Arsenal don't play like this every week so probably won't win the title.
Also the point was well made that we did eventually slip into a passing game although by then it was all over and had been for some time.
What I like about Arsenal is the pass-AND MOVE football that they play-so many clubs play pass-AND WATCH football and we are part of that great majority.

We now have to knuckle down and work like Trojans again ,hopefully picking up the odd point until our cup-final games v Charlton,Fulham and Watford after which we will know better about our survival chances.
At least there are Sheff Utd,Watford,West Ham,Charlton,Fulham and Man City to give us hope.
Good to read that Reading fans can acknowledge a side and performance that today were a bit special.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 22 Oct 2006 21:05

how can a team like chelsea win the league the last two years when arsenal play like that! by far the best football iv ever seen, and it's not even as though we were caught on a bad day, we seemed fairly average. little managed to turn the game at the end and we had some possession, but that's only because they let us have some. very similar game to the cup game last season, didnt take chances and they did

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Oct 2006 21:32

LUX I'd add Hunt to that "not good enough" list, much as I like his attitude.

ps could all "Reading"/Arsenal fans NOT post for a couple of days. That result really hurts those of us who only follow one team.

Much appreciated.

So, are you saying that anyone who has had good things to say about Arsenal's performance today must support them as their second team?

For the record, my grandfather was a staunch Spurs fan who raised his family in anti-Gunner land :?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Oct 2006 21:38

no. But there are many "Arsenal Royals" on this Board (one for sure on this thread) who will have been at least partly happy with today.

GG is, of course, exempt as she is a genuine Gooner.

121 posts