Blakey must be due a start

Belter!

by Belter! » 23 Oct 2006 10:07

Gordons Cumming On the other hand De la Cruz was the worst player i've seen play for Reading for a very long time.

John Halls vs Darlington? :roll: Much worse performance, against a much poorer side.

Oster and Little both did very well when they came on,possibly because we did have an extra man in the middle which did help, but Oster especially seemed to link up with other players superbly. Seol is a great player for us imo, but he clearly doesn't have the stamina to last 90 mins, ( I can't remember him staying on for the whole game all season).
Wouldn't be suprised that if Kitson isn't back we play Little on the right, with Seol up front on that side, but with more of a free role to come outside to either wing and whip in some crosses. When Kitson does come back Coppell will have a problem, I think that Seol will keep his place, he's a quality player and Coppell seems to think that too. Whether he puts him on the left, or continues to keep Little out of the side, I think he will be, and should be included.
The only problem with playing both Seol and Little is that that pretty much enforces 2 of our substitutions, as neither is usually going to last the full 90.
Oster looks eager for a game too, and if he plays well against Liverpool,(although he'll probably be in the middle again) I can definatly see him playing some sort of part against Portsmouth on Saturday.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2006 10:10

I repeat, I can only comment from what I saw.

I wrongly expected more for a mature, established International player.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 23 Oct 2006 10:47

depending on how long convey is out id like to see hunt on left with seol on right for first half, then take off hunt and put seol on left with blakey on right, coppel seemed to be experiementing a fair bit in the last twenty minutes yesterday and it seemed as though hunt was playing upfront with doyley!

Pridders

by Pridders » 23 Oct 2006 10:56

Blakey should start with Seol and Doyle upfront, Lita on the bench. Would like to see that I think it would work well..

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Oct 2006 11:03

I agree, I think Seol off Doyle with Little and Convey in wide areas could be a good combination as well.

Maybe try that at Pompey if Coppell is up for it!

Seol has a ferocious shot, can hold the ball up well and is good in the air. If he has enough fitness to make more runs and make himself available then that would be good as well. Seol has quality but he isn't prepared to put in the effort. It might be that he can't put in the effort cause he's not got the fitness. If he has got the fitness then he needs to sort his mentality out fast.

But if Seol can make some Andy Johnson style runs then him and Doyle up top could be sensational.

For me, there is no question that Blakey has to start every game. He is definitely our best wide man. He has to be number one, even if that means Seol has to go up top or wide left to accommodate Little and Convey or Hunt has to be dropped. Seol, Convey, Hunt or Lita has to make way for Little.

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 23 Oct 2006 11:11

I like the sound of that on the whole:

Hahnemann

Murty/DLC/Gunnarsson/Bikey (or whoever!), Sonko, Ingemarsson, Shorey

Little Harper Sidwell Convey

Seol

Doyle

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Oct 2006 11:18

However crap Useless was yesterday, it is worth noting that all three goals from open play were down our left!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 23 Oct 2006 11:26

None of what happended yesterxay should have come as a surprise - we should have played 4-5-1. I said in the predictions that if we went 4-4-2 we'd be turned over.

Seol is someone who plays better against weaker teams where he is given more freedom. Little tends to be more consistent but perhaps hasnt quite got the magic that Seol has when both are on form....

Although Arsernal were inevitably sitting back we looked much better playing 4-5-1 at the end of the game - this is surely something we need to consider for the biggest clubs - particularly as we'll need to play them away from home in the second half of the season.

Oster looked good in my opinion - and was also good against Darlington (although that was subject to debate at the time IIRC). Definitely an attacking alternative in midfield.