Liverpool v Reading Official Match Thread

245 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Oct 2006 00:25

Tamworth_Royal Just one question though, Long or Lita for Pompey ?

Long every day of the week. You can't play Portsmouth away with only one striker putting in decent work.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 26 Oct 2006 00:41

Royalee

Long every day of the week. You can't play Portsmouth away with only one striker putting in decent work.

:roll:

I guess you didnt see the game then? Twat.

Lita to start with Doyle.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Oct 2006 00:44

MC ROYAL
Royalee

I've been to every league game this season. Twat. If you'd been to every game this season (and taking your head out of your a*se in the process of doing so you little prick), you'd see that against Arsenal on Sunday, we'd had far more attacking play than against West Ham, Chelsea and Man Utd put together. The reason for this? Two hardworking strikers are always better than one doing the job of two.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 26 Oct 2006 00:46

Lita's finishing this season has been woeful aswell. A sustained spell on the bench will do him good.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 26 Oct 2006 00:48

Royalee
MC ROYAL
Royalee

I've been to every league game this season. Twat. If you'd been to every game this season (and taking your head out of your a*se in the process of doing so you little prick), you'd see that against Arsenal on Sunday, we'd had far more attacking play than against West Ham, Chelsea and Man Utd put together. The reason for this? Two hardworking strikers are always better than one doing the job of two.

There is no way you can question Lita's work rate. If he didn't put in the effort he would not be playing at all. Or do you have extra knowledge that Coppell is unaware of?

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 26 Oct 2006 00:49

alad Lita's finishing this season has been woeful aswell. A sustained spell on the bench will do him good.

Yea when Kitson is fit, until then we can't afford to not start him.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Oct 2006 00:49

Lita's workrate has been so poor that Coppell dropped him for a player unproven in the Championship in one of our biggest games of the season on Sunday. I think Coppell knows about it, don't you? :wink:

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 26 Oct 2006 00:51

Royalee Lita's workrate has been so poor that Coppell dropped him for a player unproven in the Championship in one of our biggest games of the season on Sunday. I think Coppell knows about it, don't you? :wink:

Yes he dropped him for 1 game and there could be many reasons for it, not necessarily down to lack of effort.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 26 Oct 2006 09:35

Lita for me, offers more than Long, just.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2006 09:55

We all know about Royalee's irrational hatreds.

Long's a tryer, but I just don't think he has the experience to be anything other than a sub in the league. Great prospect for the future though.

Lita or some crazy tactic change with Seol upfront or just off Doyle. Would like to see Little given a chance with Oster or Seol coming in for Hunt on the left whilst Convey isn't fully fit.

4-5-1 with Bikey/Gunnar in a holding role doesn't sound like such a bad idea now. Though I wonder about the attacking options it would give us.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 26 Oct 2006 10:24

I saw some people saying that Stack played well. Completely disagree. Felt he was at fault for first two goals. He charged out to Fowler and got nowhere near the ball. Second one, fisted the ball straight back to Riise.

Not sure about the third one - why was there no-one on the back post? His choice?

79Royal

by 79Royal » 26 Oct 2006 10:32

For me, I think it's time we went with the 4-5-1 formation, especially away from home.

I'd go with (left to right) Seol, Harper, Sidwell, Oster, Little in midfield, with Doyle up front. If Doyle could hold the ball up enough, I reckon we'd have enough runners from midfiled to cause problems in attack.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Oct 2006 10:57

79Royal For me, I think it's time we went with the 4-5-1 formation, especially away from home.

I'd go with (left to right) Seol, Harper, Sidwell, Oster, Little in midfield, with Doyle up front. If Doyle could hold the ball up enough, I reckon we'd have enough runners from midfiled to cause problems in attack.

I like your thinking on this one.............

And if we need to defend, Gunnarsson on for Oster, Hunt can come on and we even have Convey to come on if we need fresh attacking ideas. Plus if Doyle gets tired we have Long and Lita waiting for a chance.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 26 Oct 2006 11:01

4-5-1 is madness!!! Do we want to be in the situation we were in the 2nd half on sunday, ie every time we get the ball back we pump it long to doyle who amazingly gets beaten by the two 2 or 3 defends around him. It worked really well though didn't it. Yes we had a whole two isolated chances, but did we ever look like sustaining that pressure? no, because we never had the ball. Its bad enough trying to play Arsenal without kicking the ball to Kolo Toure every 2 mins!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2006 11:09

Kitsondinho 4-5-1 is madness!!! Do we want to be in the situation we were in the 2nd half on sunday, ie every time we get the ball back we pump it long to doyle who amazingly gets beaten by the two 2 or 3 defends around him. It worked really well though didn't it. Yes we had a whole two isolated chances, but did we ever look like sustaining that pressure? no, because we never had the ball. Its bad enough trying to play Arsenal without kicking the ball to Kolo Toure every 2 mins!

we got more chances in the las t 10 mins than in the rest of the game once we went to 4-5-1. what the hell game were you watching because it wasn't Reading v Arsenal.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 26 Oct 2006 11:17

can I just say that I thought Fowler's first was a superbly taken goal

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 26 Oct 2006 11:20

I'm sure it was Royals V Arsenal, I'll check the fixtures :wink:. 4-5-1 is a mad idea. Doyle cannot be expected to run the line up front on his own against prem defences. I want to see us continue to play pressing footbal and not run scared of the opp. 4-5-1 is the sort of formation that earns you a boring 0-0 draw. Did we score by playing it yesterday? Did we score against Arsenal? Did Lehman even have to make a save when we changed to it? I think the answer may just be no to all 3.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2006 11:27

Kitsondinho I'm sure it was Royals V Arsenal, I'll check the fixtures :wink:. 4-5-1 is a mad idea. Doyle cannot be expected to run the line up front on his own against prem defences. I want to see us continue to play pressing footbal and not run scared of the opp. 4-5-1 is the sort of formation that earns you a boring 0-0 draw. Did we score by playing it yesterday? Did we score against Arsenal? Did Lehman even have to make a save when we changed to it? I think the answer may just be no to all 3.

did we score without it v arsenal? did Lehman have to make a save without it? have we been creating anywhere near enough chances without it?

The answers are all no arn't they. We're not asking for a 4-5-1 that has Doyle playing isolated, we're asking for one that has our deadly wingers supporting him and runners from midfield. That way we can afford to press much higher up the pitch, not 20 yrds from our goal line.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 26 Oct 2006 11:40

Ok, fair enough. I'm not trying to start a fight here. I'm just worried because we have a tendancy to get deeper into our own half as games go on and in my view (which could be utter bo**ox anyway) 4-5-1 will make that problem worse not better. I see your point about 4-5-1 becoming 4-3-3 like Chelski, but I worry about it becoming 7-2-1 with us dropping so deep.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2006 11:50

Kitsondinho 4-5-1 is madness!!! Do we want to be in the situation we were in the 2nd half on sunday, ie every time we get the ball back we pump it long to doyle who amazingly gets beaten by the two 2 or 3 defends around him. It worked really well though didn't it. Yes we had a whole two isolated chances, but did we ever look like sustaining that pressure? no, because we never had the ball. Its bad enough trying to play Arsenal without kicking the ball to Kolo Toure every 2 mins!

I think the idea would be to stop the whacking it at the centre backs and start to pass the ball a bit more using the extra player in midfield.

We've not kept possession very well so far this season and maybe having that extra player in midfield will encourage us to keep the ball a bit more whilst protecting our own goal away from home.

I didn't see Henry get isolated in Arsenal's 4-5-1!!!

245 posts