Back From The Match

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Oct 2006 14:01

Frustrated_Royal But what about the Arsenal game Spacey?!

are you an Arsenal fan then or something??

Russian

by Russian » 26 Oct 2006 14:01

SpaceCruiser Are you saying that at Locomotive Moscow that he got booked in every single game he played for them? :roll:

Besides, he didn't get booked against Manchester United.

In two russian championship he gets 1 red card after 2 Yellow in 2nd his match in Russia in 2005 ( vsDinamo).
And its interesting: in next match in russian championship he scored)

everything like in England.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 26 Oct 2006 14:05

floyd__streete Was this first half or second? I got bored with my seat near the front first half so moved nearer the middle for a better view.

1st half you were row 10 i believe

jm_cooper

by jm_cooper » 26 Oct 2006 14:26

back from the game

i walked

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 26 Oct 2006 14:42

Was there hope in your heart?

Did you walk alone?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Oct 2006 15:34

Vision Was there hope in your heart?

Did you walk alone?

He'll never do that.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 26 Oct 2006 15:37

Anyone try the Scouse pie???

Very nice indeed, sadly the pastry only covered the top, guess the sides and bottom were nicked

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Oct 2006 18:57

susieroyal
SpaceCruiser Would I be right in thinking that Glenn Little played on the left wing? From the highlights, it looked that way.

No!

Oh and what is it with wearing a Liverpool shirt/scarf/coat/cap/badge in the away end. All on show last night. An eight year old kid with his grandad I'll let off, but 20 something men (and older) - you know who you are you looked like a dick.

I had to laugh when the bloke in Row 13 with his Liverpool shirt and scarf tried justifying why he was sat in the away end with "I live in Reading". :roll:

floyd__streete A few more opinions on the actual match itself. Disagree, unusually, with RG30 - I thought Gunnarsson had a fine game. De La Cruz and John Halls put in far more polished performances than we have seen from them so far and I must also hold up my hands and praise Graham Stack for the first time in my life for two or three excellent saves, particularly from a deflected effort in the first half. Stepehen Hunt and Shane Long did very little to show me that they deserve a starting place; both messed up clear cut chances when clean through, Shane's second touch for his chance was abysmal. Fair play to them both however for plugging away and Shane got the reward of a goal. Lita's work rate continues to please and I am glad he also got a goal. The unlikely central midfield partnership of Oster and Bikey didn't show themselves up either!

First for everything Floyd :wink: On Halls, I thought for someone that has a recieved too much flack on this board for his performances and attitude, he played well considering who he faced with Zenden, Riise, Warnock.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Oct 2006 20:01

Spacey,
I do wish you would check your spelling before posting.
I think you will find that Bikey's Moscow club doesn't have an "e" after the "v" and IIRC has a "k" and not a "c".
As Defoe might say -you are the biter bit (please don't ask me to explain that).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Oct 2006 20:30

Took me 3hrs to drive from Bradford because the M62 was bolloxed with the weather and missed the first 5 minutes. De La Cruz and Halls were above par by their standards, Ivar and Bryn looked a bit weak as a defensive partnership. Hunt was his usual committed self, Little looked good and Oster showed enough to convince he definitely has a part to play this season. Looked the most comfortable on the ball. Hunt was his usual busy self but the star for me was Bikey. Looks like we've found the player to give our midfield a bit of steel. Long and Lita ran all night but Long lacked composure and Lita's first touch was a bit heavy at times. Both took their goals well though.

Thought the atmosphere was poor and is it me or do Liverpool have the highest pitched supporters in the country?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 26 Oct 2006 20:35

After Bikeys performance last night, I would love to see him doing Harpers current holding role. He looks very comfortable there.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 26 Oct 2006 20:38

floyd__streete A few more opinions on the actual match itself. Disagree, unusually, with RG30 - I thought Gunnarsson had a fine game. De La Cruz and John Halls put in far more polished performances than we have seen from them so far and I must also hold up my hands and praise Graham Stack for the first time in my life for two or three excellent saves, particularly from a deflected effort in the first half. Stepehen Hunt and Shane Long did very little to show me that they deserve a starting place; both messed up clear cut chances when clean through, Shane's second touch for his chance was abysmal. Fair play to them both however for plugging away and Shane got the reward of a goal. Lita's work rate continues to please and I am glad he also got a goal. The unlikely central midfield partnership of Oster and Bikey didn't show themselves up either!

Can you see where our next goal is coming from Floyd? :wink:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 26 Oct 2006 20:42

Halls was for me, dreadful, positional sense was incredibley bad, and think he was the last defender when Fowler popped through for the opener. Bikey :roll: and Oster both stood out for me, excellent games.

(Rolleyes after Bikey due to me slagging him off the other week!)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Oct 2006 20:46

I glad to hear so much praise for Bikey and Oster, because they both promise a lot of quality. Oster, unfortunately, may be the new Kevin Watson - a class apart when he's on song, but irrelevant on other occasions. Bikey I have a feeling could become a Reading legend.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Oct 2006 20:48

RFCSinceBury1971 Can you see where our next goal is coming from Floyd? :wink:

:oops:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 26 Oct 2006 20:51

How good was Little last night? Sounded excellent. He was one of our best players last season and i really hope he can get some starts.

fruits

by fruits » 26 Oct 2006 21:04

bb0118 Anyone try the Scouse pie???

Very nice indeed, sadly the pastry only covered the top, guess the sides and bottom were nicked

Anyone know why the River Mersey runs through Liverpool?

If it walked it would be mugged.

I love the City of Liverpool ,its football team the red one any way , and its humour. They say you have to be a comedian to live there.
Any town that produced The Beatles can´t be all bad.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 26 Oct 2006 22:13

Did anyone else notice the newspaper used for curtains/blinds in various houses? LLB would have a fit!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 26 Oct 2006 22:26

biscuitsrus Did anyone else notice the newspaper used for curtains/blinds in various houses? LLB would have a fit!

LOLiverpooLOL :lol:

The Brain

by The Brain » 26 Oct 2006 22:32

"Little 7 - Time for the first team nod for Mr Little, great delivery in set pieces, lost the ball a few times, but certainly worth the nod for Saturday"

Did not GLEN finish 2nd in POTS votes last year behind Doyle? If he's fit then his supply into the box is worth every penny. There should be a place in the side for a player who did so much work last season.