Back From The Match

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 26 Oct 2006 22:43

bb0118 Anyone try the Scouse pie???

Very nice indeed, sadly the pastry only covered the top, guess the sides and bottom were nicked
What was in it?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Oct 2006 22:50

AbovetheI How good was Little last night? Sounded excellent. He was one of our best players last season and i really hope he can get some starts.

Bikey and Oster did well breaking down things and spreading the ball in midfield but it was Little who providing all the decent delivery into the box. Looked a bit languid defensively but he's not a defender and he's not fully match fit. Linked up well with Oster on the right side of midfield and his delivery from set pieces was excellent. A few more games under his belt and I can see Seol shifting over to the left and Glenn taking his place on the right. Seol, Bikey, Sidwell and Little (with Bryn and Convey or Oster on the bench) could become our regular starting midfield, a decent blend of fight and drive in midfield and flair out wide.

The_Cat
bb0118 Anyone try the Scouse pie???

Very nice indeed, sadly the pastry only covered the top, guess the sides and bottom were nicked
What was in it?

Scouse is traditionally a type of lamb stew. Used to have it as a kid. My sister's in-laws in Widnes have scouse every Monday night!!! They use minced lamb in it. They'd sold out of Scouse pies so I couldn't get one. I'd imagine a meat & potato pie using lamb instead of beef.

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton
Location: Near the source of the UK's No 1 Natural Mineral Water

by Ollie Kearns is in Buxton » 27 Oct 2006 00:13

Scouse Pie - Ingredients:

Pomme de Terre (38%), Beef (10%), Onion (5%), Carrot (5%) Wheatflour (u/specified) Margarine + Potato Flake + the usual bits of fur, hoof n stabilizers, etc

[made in Preston]

Oster was great in the middle n Bikey took much more responsibility than Harper. He was quieter in the early part of 2nd half when L'pool roasted us for 15m. His radar still needs adjusting but he set the tone of our first half performance by his harrying, tackling and energy. He has an imposing presence when he plays well. Scored too and took the ball of a stumbling Long's feet in the area to keep the move going which lead to a (our 2nd) goal.

Glen looked to be getting back to his Xmas form.

We controlled the game for 43mins, but lacked penetration and took 1 pass too many sometimes.

Lita and Long's inability to hold up the ball is proving costly, though Lita offers more threat than Long whose control let him down badly last nt (esp when thru on goal). Lita's woeful touch set up L'pool's 4th I think

We suddenly appear to have some central midfield options.

Great evng out - Try the small (front) bar in The Stanley nr the gd - no frills but a good atmsph all the same - bdcasting Chelsea TV?

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 27 Oct 2006 04:09

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton bdcasting Chelsea TV?
Must've made you happy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Oct 2006 21:40

floyd__streete A few more opinions on the actual match itself. Disagree, unusually, with RG30 - I thought Gunnarsson had a fine game. De La Cruz and John Halls put in far more polished performances than we have seen from them so far and I must also hold up my hands and praise Graham Stack for the first time in my life for two or three excellent saves, particularly from a deflected effort in the first half. Stepehen Hunt and Shane Long did very little to show me that they deserve a starting place; both messed up clear cut chances when clean through, Shane's second touch for his chance was abysmal. Fair play to them both however for plugging away and Shane got the reward of a goal. Lita's work rate continues to please and I am glad he also got a goal. The unlikely central midfield partnership of Oster and Bikey didn't show themselves up either!
Just got back from the game (had an extended break up there).

A good synopsis.....bearing in mind that this was a strong Liverpool second string (just compare their subs bench to ours!)

Stack, I thought did brilliantly (especially the first save that he did by his near post.......holding onto that spherical piece of vasellined soap was quality), desperatly unlucky for the second goal...a good save returned back to Riise.....an awesome volley

Halls, I thought, looked like the player that we wished he was. (Bearing in mind this is Anfield) he looked unphased, a lot of times in control in pocession and without a doubt his best showing this season......too many on here pre-judge.

De La Cruz, we have been spoilt by Murtz in the past couple of seasons. DLC had a reasonable game, but we miss the get forward, attack and link up that Murtz provides the midfield.

Hunty grafted, but looked a little slow and uninvolved in comparison to what we have come to expect.

Shane, remains too lightweight at this level. A lovely bloke, a brilliant prospect, but still a scholar.

Lita, ran himself ragged, impressive in winning the aerial balls...needs a lucky break or two.

I like Bikey, looked assured, never shirks.

Oster MOM for me.

All in all, a great night out, history being made. Steve Coppell was obviously pleased with them all (in shirt and tie in the rain) he shaked all of our players hands as they left the pitch...apart from Lits' who snuck in behind him topless.