We were shit today

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Oct 2006 21:40

Apocalypse Now I see resting the players Wednesday for today worked well.

Another smart move by Coppell.

Agreed.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Oct 2006 21:42

Your argument is flawed by the fact that Gunnarsson, not those rested, was the worst player on the pitch today.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 28 Oct 2006 21:43

Royalee

Your argument is flawed by the fact that Gunnarsson, not those rested, was the worst player on the pitch today.

He was being played out of position to be fair.....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Oct 2006 21:45

Agreed, but he has looked well off the pace this season and looked incredibly poor today, even if he was out of position - the own goal was poor and Portsmouth had a field day down that side and he also looked to be at fault for three of those Liverpool goals.

ferret

by ferret » 28 Oct 2006 21:51

Royalee Agreed, but he has looked well off the pace this season and looked incredibly poor today, even if he was out of position - the own goal was poor and Portsmouth had a field day down that side and he also looked to be at fault for three of those Liverpool goals.

Now come on Royalee I am sure Lita was worse, I mean is'nt he always the worse player on the pitch in your eyes.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Oct 2006 21:52

Lita has done nothing all season ferret. One goal for a striker in how many games? Terrible record. There are centre backs with better records.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 28 Oct 2006 21:53

Hopefuly it was a one off bad day....

Heres to fantastic support for Liverpool, Spurs and Charlton games coming up

COME ON U R'ZZZZZZZZZZZ

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Oct 2006 21:55

Your positivity is sexy Mrs Butler. :wink:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: We were shit today

by RG30 » 28 Oct 2006 21:56

melksham_royal Im not talking about the team, im talking about the fans. the majority of us were shit today. absolutely no emotion from the first whistle. where were all the hardcore fans that were with me against liverpool where 1500 of us drowned out the kop? you guys were awful. there were too many people there today who thought they'd have a little family day out as it's only portsmouth down the road. fair enough, some of us sung in small little groups but most of you didn't even try. the fact that the team played like crap is no excuse, our job is to lift the team during those times. its all well and good singing when we're winning but today was one of those days where the team needs you the most. this whole season the fans have been brilliant but the performance from us today was just shocking. shameful.

end of rant

Drowned out the Kop, what a load of bollocks. We were poor today but it's a 2 way process, the players need to give us some hope and we didn't see any today.

ferret

by ferret » 28 Oct 2006 21:56

FiNeRaIn Lita has done nothing all season ferret. One goal for a striker in how many games? Terrible record. There are centre backs with better records.

And also international strikers with records the same too for example, Defoe, Keane and Shevchenko as well,

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Oct 2006 21:57

ferret
Royalee Agreed, but he has looked well off the pace this season and looked incredibly poor today, even if he was out of position - the own goal was poor and Portsmouth had a field day down that side and he also looked to be at fault for three of those Liverpool goals.

Now come on Royalee I am sure Lita was worse, I mean is'nt he always the worse player on the pitch in your eyes.

No, he isn't.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 28 Oct 2006 22:07

FiNeRaIn Your positivity is sexy Mrs Butler. :wink:

Someone has too.... i try my best

and like i said No.13 were bad today coz i werent there :D

but honest though....

I don't give a poo how bad the team did today, we are struggling yes...not our fault not the teams fault... but sad to say Coppells for not bringing in new talent..

Yes a mistake but hey its been done...

We love READING FC - not only when good but when we are not great too

We should back the team through good and bad... we should back Stevie.. and stick together to sing our hearts out.. and make the ROYALS proud

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 28 Oct 2006 22:29

Royalee

We were had no pace whatsover down that right hand side today, Seol Ki-Hyeon whenever he got the ball he just wouldn't run forwards for some reason.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 28 Oct 2006 22:29

Victor Meldrew Melksham,
If you are so desperate to sing find a karaoke.
Nobody is stopping you singing and do you really believe that singing makes any difference to the players out there?
I didn't sing today because....last night I was at a leaving-do where there was a Karaoke and one thing just leads to another.
I thought your post heading was about the football which cost us £28 to watch and for £28 I'm not particularly fussed about hearing for the millionth time that Reading are the greatest team in the world at a time when we are falling just a little bit short.

of course it does you idiot, you think pompey would win half as many games at home as they do without their fans? fans make all the difference in a game of football, momentum starts with the fans, a team that is playing shit gets a lift from the fans

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2006 22:48

Royalee

You must have missed the Reading player wearing 15 today. Actually easy done because I think said player missed the coach this morning. :roll:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 28 Oct 2006 22:59

Why was the team coach so late, they wouldn't let the away fans in till about 2 because the team coach hadn't arrived yet.

Also I couldn't help but LOL @ this kid who went crazy thinking he was on a TV camera but it was actually a police camera. :lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 28 Oct 2006 23:01

Victor Meldrew Melksham,
Nobody is stopping you singing and do you really believe that singing makes any difference to the players out there?
I didn't sing today because....last night I was at a leaving-do where there was a Karaoke and one thing just leads to another.
I thought your post heading was about the football which cost us £28 to watch and for £28 I'm not particularly fussed about hearing for the millionth time that Reading are the greatest team in the world at a time when we are falling just a little bit short.

this is whats wrong with our support

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2006 23:04

Skin
Victor Meldrew Melksham,

this is whats wrong with our support

Sorry but have to agree with that. That's a poor post VM. Today our support was embarassingly bad with that attitude it's not hard to see why.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2006 23:12

You guys will probably find that your vocal chords don't get exercised as regularly as they do now when you reach your 5th decade as supporters of Reading Football Club. If you last that long.

(I think that might be a bit subtle for this time of night.)

topfuller

by topfuller » 28 Oct 2006 23:15

Royal Rother You guys will probably find that your vocal chords don't get exercised as regularly as they do now when you reach your 5th decade as supporters of Reading Football Club. If you last that long.

(I think that might be a bit subtle for this time of night.)

Thats killed this thread then