A few observations from yesterday

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

A few observations from yesterday

by floyd__streete » 05 Nov 2006 11:37

Lining up so defensively as we did yesterday is useless when you concede such a soft goal after less than quarter of an hour. Why didn't we change things earlier? Stephen Hunt really isn't good enough to start Premiership games. Hahnemann can take a large amount of the blame for both goals. The first twenty minutes of the second half were the best we have played in several weeks. Perhaps Bikey can do a job in centre-midfield for us, unlike Harper who couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge the Reading support which applauded him off when he was substituted. We're going to to struggle to hold on to Sonko in January.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 05 Nov 2006 11:38

agree on all accounts especially lineup but not so much hunt and harper points

p.s. good luck in pool game

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: A few observations from yesterday

by Chaney » 05 Nov 2006 11:42

floyd__streete We're going to to struggle to hold on to Sonko in January.

maybe you should tell that to the Times reporter who only gave him a 4 yrsterday..personally I thought he was outstanding as usual

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 05 Nov 2006 11:43

Hunt is nowhere near good enough for this division. He was poor in the Championship, so you've got to question why he has started more Premiership games than he did Championship for us. The only time he looked any good was when he came in for Shorey and played at left back last year. Add to this the acquisition of the versatile Seol and I'm left scratching my head.

JezD

by JezD » 05 Nov 2006 11:50

Hunt has glimmers of hope, every now and then he goes on runs which are very good and shows that he has potential to be a good player and if he gets some consistency he could be good enough. So I disagree with that.

As for Sonko, he wont leave us. He's doing well but he's still making too many mistakes which he needs to rule out of his game.

Bikey - after yesterday, if he could play as well every game as he did yesterday when he came on then he could be worth a starting spot in our squad, he looked good, instantly had an impact with his strength and he showed good composure on the ball.

International Royal

by International Royal » 05 Nov 2006 11:59

floyd__streete Lining up so defensively as we did yesterday is useless when you concede such a soft goal after less than quarter of an hour. Why didn't we change things earlier? Stephen Hunt really isn't good enough to start Premiership games. Hahnemann can take a large amount of the blame for both goals. The first twenty minutes of the second half were the best we have played in several weeks. Perhaps Bikey can do a job in centre-midfield for us, unlike Harper who couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge the Reading support which applauded him off when he was substituted. We're going to to struggle to hold on to Sonko in January.

I thought that SC did the right thing and not to change it after going one down early on. The main thing yesterday was about not getting thumped which would have dented confidence and putting in an improved performance. Both of those aims were achieved. The plan was to stay in the game and push on later. I thought Reading were at their best before the second goal happened. I saw us getting something as the second half wore on. We couldn't change it too early and start chasing the game.

Hunt - agreed, he should not be starting.

Harper - disagree. I don't rate him that much but I thought he was Reading's best player yesterday.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 05 Nov 2006 12:00

I have a feeling Bikey and Oster may be a better central midfield partenership than Sidwell and Harper :shock:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:12

floyd__streete Lining up so defensively as we did yesterday is useless when you concede such a soft goal after less than quarter of an hour. Why didn't we change things earlier? Stephen Hunt really isn't good enough to start Premiership games. Hahnemann can take a large amount of the blame for both goals. The first twenty minutes of the second half were the best we have played in several weeks. Perhaps Bikey can do a job in centre-midfield for us, unlike Harper who couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge the Reading support which applauded him off when he was substituted. We're going to to struggle to hold on to Sonko in January.

So, even though Convey has been cr@p all season and Hunt was probably our best player in yesterday's 2nd half, according to Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" -Streete, the latter "isn't good enough for the Premiership"

Forget Sonko, surely no one is more desperate for a transfer than your keyboard.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 05 Nov 2006 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 05 Nov 2006 12:13

How anyone could think Hunt was rubbish yesterday is beyond me. In the second half, he was the main threat. Quite often being the only release for the defence.

Give the guy a break.

Also you say Harper played well yesterday? All I saw was someone running around all game never managing to get his foot on the ball or do anything.

I'd like to see Oster or Bikey for Harper on next Sunday.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Nov 2006 12:15

Woodcote Royal So, even though Convey has been cr@p all season and Hunt was probably our best player in yesterday's 2nd half, according to Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" -Streete, the latter "isn't good enough for the Premiership"

Forget Sonko, surely no one is more desperate for a transfer than your keyboard.

Oi dickhead - Rob Hulse had a good game for Sheffield United again yesterday :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:18

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo I have a feeling Bikey and Oster may be a better central midfield partenership than Sidwell and Harper :shock:

That makes 2 of us and, given that Coppell was prepared to make significant changes yesterday, don't write off the chance of it happening, especially if Sid can't resist a transfer to one of those big successful clubs like Charlton or Man City :?

International Royal

by International Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:20

Woodcote Royal

So, even though Convey has been cr@p all season and Hunt was probably our best player in yesterday's 2nd half, according to Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" -Streete, the latter "isn't good enough for the Premiership"

WR - get off of this Convey thing, it's getting tiresome. Convey is a key player who has been struggling and who may have been carrying an injury. He is streets ahead of Hunt. Hunt gives his best and is worth his place as a squad player. He isn't rubbish as one poster said.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:20

floyd__streete
Woodcote Royal So, even though Convey has been cr@p all season and Hunt was probably our best player in yesterday's 2nd half, according to Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" -Streete, the latter "isn't good enough for the Premiership"

Oi dickhead - Rob Hulse had a good game for Sheffield United again yesterday :lol:

The big difference being that I made a minor error in that instance whereas you actually believe the bias nonsense that you post.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 05 Nov 2006 12:24

JezD Hunt has glimmers of hope, every now and then he goes on runs which are very good and shows that he has potential to be a good player and if he gets some consistency he could be good enough. So I disagree with that.

As for Sonko, he wont leave us. He's doing well but he's still making too many mistakes which he needs to rule out of his game.

Bikey - after yesterday, if he could play as well every game as he did yesterday when he came on then he could be worth a starting spot in our squad, he looked good, instantly had an impact with his strength and he showed good composure on the ball.

I agree that Hunt does make the odd decent run with the ball, but he has absolutely NO END PRODUCT. He can't pass, he can't cross, and he doesn't get into positions to shoot very often. His descision making is fairly poor as well, and I can remember occassions from yesterday when our whole attack was shaped to go through the middle. A little ball inside would have set us off and across to the right, but instead he went alone on the outside and lost the ball.

Granted, he's more of a worker than Convey or Seol, and gets stuck in with his fair share of defensive work, but that's not a wingers job entirely. He doesn't set anything up, and for all his runs what does he have to show for it?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Nov 2006 12:27

Woodcote Royal you actually believe the bias nonsense that you post.

Bias how? My only bias is in wanting to see Reading win. You are the one who is biased as you couldn't resist a little insult-packed rant just because I took the mickey out of you Re: Hulse. Surely for all the drivel you have posted on here in your time you'd be less sensitive to people having a pop at you by now :lol: ?

Have another read of the thread so far - people are tending to agree in the main with much of what I say, not bad for Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" Streete.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Nov 2006 12:32

Thomas L'Heureux
JezD Hunt has glimmers of hope, every now and then he goes on runs which are very good and shows that he has potential to be a good player and if he gets some consistency he could be good enough. So I disagree with that.

I agree that Hunt does make the odd decent run with the ball, but he has absolutely NO END PRODUCT. He can't pass, he can't cross, and he doesn't get into positions to shoot very often. His descision making is fairly poor as well, and I can remember occassions from yesterday when our whole attack was shaped to go through the middle. A little ball inside would have set us off and across to the right, but instead he went alone on the outside and lost the ball.

Granted, he's more of a worker than Convey or Seol, and gets stuck in with his fair share of defensive work, but that's not a wingers job entirely. He doesn't set anything up, and for all his runs what does he have to show for it?

Coppell decided to play Hunt for his defensive work against a Liverpool side that play very well at home.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:34

International Royal WR - get off of this Convey thing, it's getting tiresome. Convey is a key player who has been struggling and who may have been carrying an injury. He is streets ahead of Hunt. Hunt gives his best and is worth his place as a squad player. He isn't rubbish as one poster said.

When will people like you stop posting sh*te about Stephen Hunt :?

Convey was great last season and Hunt had to wait his turn, showing great patience in the process.

This season, Convey hasn't even managed one good half whereas Hunt has managed several.

The big difference between me and a number of people on this thread is that I am a big fan of BOTH players and would agree that Bobby will return to form.

However, what I lack is the pathetic bias towards BC that means I have to trash every one of Hunt's performances whilst pretending Convey still deserves his place, when this is clearly not the case based on his form so far this season..

Hunt is showing every sign of devleloping into a player just as good BC..................may the best man win ON MERIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 05 Nov 2006 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:37

floyd__streete Have another read of the thread so far - people are tending to agree in the main with much of what I say, not bad for Floyd "I know fcuk all about this game" Streete.

So, your blind spot covers reading big or small "R"
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 05 Nov 2006 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Nov 2006 12:38

Woodcote Royal Hunt is showing every sign of devleloping into a player just as good BC

Convey is a regular in a United States national side ranked many places above the ROI side that Hunt isn't even close to breaking into.

But don't let facts cloud Woodcote Royal's argument.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Nov 2006 12:40

floyd__streete
Woodcote Royal Hunt is showing every sign of devleloping into a player just as good BC

Convey is a regular in a United States national side ranked many places above the ROI side that Hunt isn't even close to breaking into.

But don't let facts cloud Woodcote Royal's argument.

"developing" it's that "reading" problem rearing it's ugly head again.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 05 Nov 2006 12:40, edited 1 time in total.