Upgrading concession ticket

knobby_1871

Upgrading concession ticket

by knobby_1871 » 14 Nov 2006 12:36

Afternoon all

Just spoken to box office to upgrade my father-in-laws ticket as he's off round the world until Blacburn game and been told I cannot upgrade it for Bolton game as have already upgraded 3 times. This means unless i get a junior or OAP for the Bolton game the seat stays vacant. Club also losing out on £ 10 upgrade fee as well.

Seems a bit silly, can understand not allowing 10 upgrades etc but only needed 4 :(

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Upgrading concession ticket

by West Stand Man » 14 Nov 2006 12:54

knobby_1871 Afternoon all

Just spoken to box office to upgrade my father-in-laws ticket as he's off round the world until Blacburn game and been told I cannot upgrade it for Bolton game as have already upgraded 3 times. This means unless i get a junior or OAP for the Bolton game the seat stays vacant. Club also losing out on £ 10 upgrade fee as well.

Seems a bit silly, can understand not allowing 10 upgrades etc but only needed 4 :(

3 upgrades already this season rather suggests that your father in law doesn't actually use the ticket very often. I think the club has caught you out - well and truly.

Having said that, if they charged a better rate for upgrading then they might benefit, and could remove the restriction on number of times you could do it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Nov 2006 13:04

I can see where the club are coming from with this one. If we were in March/April and you had used 3 then they may have allowed one more to slide. But we've only had 6 home games which means the supposed holder of the ticket has missed half the games already.

Will seem to them at least that someone is trying to pull a fast one on them, the reason they bought in these limits in the first place. Esp. if the games he attended were Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 14 Nov 2006 21:56

how about asking them about the 'buyback' scheme on the ticket, and when they say this is not going to be done this year after stating that they would suggest that they have sold the ST on misleading terms and the least they could do is upgrade the tickets as requested.
Good luck with them.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Nov 2006 23:25

peeping_bernal how about asking them about the 'buyback' scheme on the ticket, and when they say this is not going to be done this year after stating that they would suggest that they have sold the ST on misleading terms and the least they could do is upgrade the tickets as requested.
Good luck with them.
They may offer a refund.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 15 Nov 2006 09:44

3 upgrades already this season rather suggests that your father in law doesn't actually use the ticket very often. I think the club has caught you out - well and truly.

Having said that, if they charged a better rate for upgrading then they might benefit, and could remove the restriction on number of times you could do it.

If anything I think it proves his loyalty to the club, knew he was going to miss 5 home games but still bought a season ticket, attended every home game last year and 3 so far this season before his once in a lifetime trip, will be back for Blackburn game though

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Nov 2006 10:12

knobby_1871

If anything I think it proves his loyalty to the club, knew he was going to miss 5 home games but still bought a season ticket, attended every home game last year and 3 so far this season before his once in a lifetime trip, will be back for Blackburn game though

But wannts to be able to let someone else use it at a reduced cost per game when he can't get there. Admit it, you got him a ticket at concession rates so that your mates could go to the games at a reduced price - and you have been found out.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Nov 2006 10:18

Who cares if he did

Pridders

by Pridders » 15 Nov 2006 12:09

But wannts to be able to let someone else use it at a reduced cost per game when he can't get there. Admit it, you got him a ticket at concession rates so that your mates could go to the games at a reduced price - and you have been found out.

West Stand Man you twat Knobby has already stated that his father in-law was on a round the world trip. Not all have a devious mind like yours and would try and screw over the club. Get a life.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Nov 2006 12:38

West Stand Man

Seems a bit harsh going on the scanty evidence presented so far. Have you not perhaps considered that at least some of those 3 may also be due to the world trip - eg Charlton, as the poster did say he only needed 4 upgrades in total.

He could well have been trying to pull a fast one - but it's best to get all the facts first before wading in.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Nov 2006 12:39

If you're trying to pull a fast one, I would suggest that you wouldn't even try upgrading the ticket.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Nov 2006 12:48

Would it be that difficult to find one of his friends or an older relative of your own to take along?

The three game limit was in place last season so I can't really see you've got much to moan about.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Nov 2006 12:53

Platypuss
West Stand Man

Seems a bit harsh going on the scanty evidence presented so far. Have you not perhaps considered that at least some of those 3 may also be due to the world trip - eg Charlton, as the poster did say he only needed 4 upgrades in total.

He could well have been trying to pull a fast one - but it's best to get all the facts first before wading in.

You are right, of course. It is a bit of an leap from the evidence presented to an assumption of guilt. But my real point is that from a club perspective that is how it could (and probably does) look. If he were asking for a fourth upgrade in Feb / Mar or later he might have a stronger case than now. After all, we have only played a slack handful of games and his father-in-law has already missed 3 (ie 50% of the available usage has been by other people using the ticket) - that could so easily be construed to mean that he didn't really want the ticket for himself.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Nov 2006 13:33

Royal Lady If you're trying to pull a fast one, I would suggest that you send a dozen red roses to Kelly Holmes.
:shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Nov 2006 13:36

Forbury Lion
Royal Lady If you're trying to pull a fast one, I would suggest that you send a dozen red roses to Kelly Holmes.
:shock:
:lol:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Nov 2006 13:39

cliquey

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 15 Nov 2006 13:56

Just a suggestion, but have you tried contacting either a) The Ticket Office Manager (probably best if you went down there in person) or b) The Evening Post and explaining your story? You might get some better news from either of them.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Nov 2006 18:06

If you compare a concession and a full season ticket, the difference in price per match is £8.40

The club charge £10 for an upgrade, so how is he pulling a fast one?
and
How is the club losing out, even if it is upgraded every game?

Incidentally they charged me £12!

Forty

by Forty » 15 Nov 2006 18:52

How the hell can someone's father in law have a junior ticket - or is it an OAP?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Nov 2006 20:06

Forty How the hell can someone's father in law have a junior ticket - or is it an OAP?

Now let me think about that one? Is someone likely to have a father-in-law who is an old age concession or a child? Tough call, I'll have to keep thinking! :oops:
Last edited by West Stand Man on 15 Nov 2006 20:11, edited 1 time in total.