Reading Ladies

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cheeryoleary

Reading Ladies

by cheeryoleary » 06 Dec 2006 21:49

I fancy some of this.

Having taken the elder Miss Cheery O'Leary to her first game at the MadStad against Spurs Reserves with her Granddad (I was soooooo proud!) Where and when can I take her to see some of the fairer sex?

Doesn't seem as well publicised as I would have expected.

I've taught her well. I only have to mention the word Swind*n and she shouts RUBBISH!

jenster81

by jenster81 » 06 Dec 2006 21:55

not great to watch! RFC now have their own ladies academy, reading ladies play at scours lane i think, Reading royals have their own website

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Dec 2006 21:58

The fact that a professional club has a ladies academy doesn't necessarily make that womens team any good. The very top level of the women's game aside, there are a lot of womens/girls teams that more than compete against those teams that are attached to professional clubs.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 06 Dec 2006 22:04

RoyalBlue The fact that a professional club has a ladies academy doesn't necessarily make that womens team any good. The very top level of the women's game aside, there are a lot of womens/girls teams that more than compete against those teams that are attached to professional clubs.

Number 1 daught is 4 years old. Whether they are any good doesn't matter - the fact that they turn out and give little'n hope is all I need.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Dec 2006 22:07

My response was aimed at Jenster who implied that the fact that there was a womens team attached to the club would make them better than one that wasn't.

jenster81

by jenster81 » 06 Dec 2006 22:09

RoyalBlue My response was aimed at Jenster who implied that the fact that there was a womens team attached to the club would make them better than one that wasn't.

no i didn't!!! i've played footy for years and i was just saying it wasn't as good to watch. i then went on to say that the club have a team and that reading ladies play at scours lane etc....

your comment makes no sense....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Dec 2006 22:13

jenster81
RoyalBlue My response was aimed at Jenster who implied that the fact that there was a womens team attached to the club would make them better than one that wasn't.

no i didn't!!! i've played footy for years and i was just saying it wasn't as good to watch. i then went on to say that the club have a team and that reading ladies play at scours lane etc....

You may have played footy for years but if you are saying womens football isn't good to watch you clearly haven't seen much of it!

Unmanageable Hair

by Unmanageable Hair » 06 Dec 2006 22:16

cheeryoleary Number 1 daught is 4 years old. Whether they are any good doesn't matter - the fact that they turn out and give little'n hope is all I need.

Hope? Hope for what? That one day she might have a hobby...?

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 06 Dec 2006 22:22

Unmanageable Hair
cheeryoleary Number 1 daught is 4 years old. Whether they are any good doesn't matter - the fact that they turn out and give little'n hope is all I need.

Hope? Hope for what? That one day she might have a hobby...?

Listen... she's going to be 16 one day. I'm trying to take my mind off it.... If Miss Cheery O'Leary wants to get out there and take exercise and perhaps become England's foremost female striker then god bless her. It's her choice and I'll point her that way.

so in the spirit of Christmas and all that... kiss my big round fat self

jenster81

by jenster81 » 06 Dec 2006 22:24

RoyalBlue
jenster81

You may have played footy for years but if you are saying womens football isn't good to watch you clearly haven't seen much of it!

oh for goodness sake, it was a sarcastic comment aimed at the fact that i prefer WATCHING blokes football.

I give up - i won't help out in future.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 06 Dec 2006 22:28

jenster81
RoyalBlue
jenster81

oh for goodness sake, it was a sarcastic comment aimed at the fact that i prefer WATCHING blokes football.

Fancy a shag?

jenster81

by jenster81 » 06 Dec 2006 22:32

cheeryoleary
jenster81
RoyalBlue
jenster81

Fancy a shag?

I don't do pity shags.... sorry, try Alad

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 06 Dec 2006 22:49

Right, anyway Arsenal Ladies at Borehamwood if Miss Cheery wants to see it done properly.

£2 gets dad in, £1 for the young lady, and both get a programme. Maybe a day out for the Ladies' FA Cup final on Monday 7th May if it makes sense to plan that far ahead.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Dec 2006 08:18

Good recommendations plus the next women's international to be played at the Mad Stad (I'm sure there will be another one).

BTW even though she plays for the @rse, Kelly Smith is a superb player!

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1