WHERE'S THE PASSION?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Dec 2006 20:14

Anyone know how many coaches are going up to Stamford Bridge on Boxing day ?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 20:15

Probably Coppell, Dillon, Downes...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Dec 2006 20:16

:lol:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Dec 2006 20:22

don't know why we havn'y sold out our allocation of 3000 i thought we would even though it is on boxing day.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 20:27

rg6royal don't know why we havn'y sold out our allocation of 3000 i thought we would even though it is on boxing day.

Possibly for fear of being confronted an angry mob of fat morons wearing blue shouting 'murderers!' at us with some dickhead in need of a good shave pelting us with roubles from his helicopter landing pad on the roof.

Retired Fisherman

by Retired Fisherman » 23 Dec 2006 20:28

Lets face it, we also have a good chance of a stuffing. Chelsea are a crap club, with ridiculous ticket prices, no atmopshere and they play boring football. They also get massive chunks of luck. I predict boxing day will be a crap day out for all travelling royals.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 20:30

Retired Fisherman Lets face it, we also have a good chance of a stuffing. Chelsea are a crap club, with ridiculous ticket prices, no atmopshere and they play boring football. They also get massive chunks of luck. I predict boxing day will be a crap day out for all travelling royals.

Yes, but we'll be getting that at Old Trafford as well next Saturday so I can't see how that affects things too much.

Retired Fisherman

by Retired Fisherman » 23 Dec 2006 20:31

Royalee
Retired Fisherman Lets face it, we also have a good chance of a stuffing. Chelsea are a crap club, with ridiculous ticket prices, no atmopshere and they play boring football. They also get massive chunks of luck. I predict boxing day will be a crap day out for all travelling royals.

Yes, but we'll be getting that at Old Trafford as well next Saturday so I can't see how that affects things too much.

Better atmosphere, less expensive, united play more attractive football and let the game flow. They also have a lot more dignity and class.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 23 Dec 2006 20:33

Retired Fisherman
Boston Royal We were significantly better than against Blackburn, although that's not a high hurdle. A decent amount of possession, and we might have got something but for a terrible refereeing decision and gaping defensive errors (particularly for the second goal). Aside from temporarily lapses, the main disappointment was consistently bad crosses which often failed to beat the first defender.

Seol was great for us earlier in the season but is going through a rough patch at the moment; I'd start with Lita and think Seol could do a job on the bench. Hunt tries hard but unfortunately just isn't a Premiership player (he wasn't even a starter in the Championship); I'd have Little and Oster on the wings if one of them can play on the left. Neither Little nor Oster are doing great at the moment but I think are better than our other current options. Hopefully Kitson and Convey come back soon.

I'd go with:

Hahnemann
Shorey, Ingimarsson, Sonko, Murty
Little, Harper, Sidwell, Oster
Doyle, Kitson

You'd go with that for who?

Sorry, typo - I meant Lita instead of Kitson. I'd go with this for standard games (e.g. West Ham on 1/1) until we get new players or players return. Of course exceptional games like Chelsea (A) we may wish to have a different formation.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 20:33

Retired Fisherman
Royalee

Better atmosphere, less expensive, united play more attractive football and let the game flow. They also have a lot more dignity and class.

Also very true, although Chelsea's a lot closer, even if it does mean having to venture into the dirty shithole that is our proud nation's capital.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Dec 2006 20:38

i'm going on boxing day and really looking forward to it and don't mind if we lose as long as we put in a good display.

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 23 Dec 2006 20:42

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: WHERE'S THE PASSION?

by Forbury Lion » 23 Dec 2006 22:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup WHERE'S THE F@CKING PASSION?
Certainly not in the no 19 shirt and not in the stands for the last 10 minutes before the final whistle.

Little looked well angry at times, especially with the linesman.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 23 Dec 2006 23:47

Forbury Lion Little looked well angry at times, especially with the linesman.

Not suprisingly. In part due to frustration I suspect.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 23:49

Forbury Lion
2 world wars, 1 world cup WHERE'S THE F@CKING PASSION?
Certainly not in the no 19 shirt and not in the stands for the last 10 minutes before the final whistle.

Little looked well angry at times, especially with the linesman.

He didn't get many decisions today, but then again he also looked well of the pace and probably unfit. It also can't have made him any happier that our keeper chose to ignore him for the entire game in favour of launching the ball to their centre backs.