Steve Sidwell

151 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Jan 2007 20:53

Stranded I hope he signs but part of me agrees with Peter Reid's assessment on Soccer Saturday. He's been tapped up.

I don't think Steve has been tapped up, but his agent almost certainly has and is chasing his commission (plus a fat bonus bunged in with it)

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 Jan 2007 20:57

I do have one slight worry and that is the Pardew/Sidwell mutual appreciation society, although I cannot think that Sidwell would exchange the setup at Reading for a shaky Charlton. Money may talk, however....

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Jan 2007 21:02

according to the radio, reading are about to break the bank to keep sidders

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Jan 2007 21:13

gazzer, loyal royal according to the radio, reading are about to break the bank to keep sidders

well don't blame them, the bottom line is we need to keep him.

royals pete

by royals pete » 03 Jan 2007 21:38

So Sids is only playing well because he's in the shop window. Whos kidding who?

Coker should therefore be in the 'shop window'. At present he's acting as the dummy!

Just so happens that in whatever business you are, doesn't follow that everyone is on the same salary.

Sids is still improving; notice his forward and wide runs of late. great to see and no reason why he should not soon be on a top salary. Real difficulty is that with Marino now saying footballers are too expensive, when is the wage structure going to tighten. Sure JM wont want to be caught out

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Jan 2007 00:02

royals pete So Sids is only playing well because he's in the shop window. Whos kidding who?

Coker should therefore be in the 'shop window'. At present he's acting as the dummy!

Just so happens that in whatever business you are, doesn't follow that everyone is on the same salary.

Sids is still improving; notice his forward and wide runs of late. great to see and no reason why he should not soon be on a top salary. Real difficulty is that with Marino now saying footballers are too expensive, when is the wage structure going to tighten. Sure JM wont want to be caught out

Its very different circumstances to Reo-Mediocre.

Sidders needs to get a new contract (wherever). Mediocre has one, until 2010!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/4296202.stm

Best most of the hammers wish that the contract was referring to the 24-hour clock rather than the year now...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2007 08:42

Uke
royals pete So Sids is only playing well because he's in the shop window. Whos kidding who?

Its very different circumstances to Reo-Mediocre.

Sidders needs to get a new contract (wherever). Mediocre has one, until 2010!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/4296202.stm

Best most of the hammers wish that the contract was referring to the 24-hour clock rather than the year now...

Indeed Uke. Royals Pete - statement regarding prospective employers being in the ground and him knowing he has to play well as a result are from Sidwell himself in an interview with Soccer Saturday.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Jan 2007 08:44

Every player at every club should play on a year to year contract then....

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 04 Jan 2007 10:57

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... well+offer

Skysports.com understand Reading are ready to offer Steve Sidwell a bumper new deal in a bid to keep him at The Madejski Stadium.

Sidwell's future at Reading has been the subject of intense speculation for some time, with his current contract expiring at the end of the season.

A number of clubs including Aston Villa, Manchester City, Everton and Charlton Athletic are all thought to be monitoring Sidwell's contract situation, as they line up moves for the midfielder.

Sidwell has impressed this season with Reading and Royals boss Steve Coppell is determined to keep hold of the former Arsenal youngster.

Reading have so far been unable to agree a contract extension with Sidwell, but they are now ready to up their offer to try and keep him at the club.

Sidwell is expected to hold talks with the club in the next few days, as he weighs up his options.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2007 11:15

please sign sids,

we love you

we dont sing your name that loud or often, but its cos your songs are shite, not cos we dont like you

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Jan 2007 11:15

Sky Sports - first with the news...

Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Sussex Royal » 04 Jan 2007 15:21

It appears he got a better contract than we expected

Reading Boss

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Jan 2007 15:25

Sussex Royal It appears he got a better contract than we expected

Reading Boss

just read a bit from the link, don't think very big clubs will be coming in for doyle yet. But maybe in the future.

Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Sussex Royal » 04 Jan 2007 15:29

The key was:

Reading boss Steve Sidwell is fearing that a big Premiership club such as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd would come in for star striker Kevin Doyle.

The 23-year-old has been in impressive form for Reading so far this season, firing in goals from all angles to help the club sit in a comfortable Premiership position.

However, the strikers good form has not gone unnoticed and bigger clubs will now be itching to get their hands on the proven goalscorer.

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 04 Jan 2007 15:41

Sussex Royal The key was:

Reading boss Steve Sidwell is fearing that a big Premiership club such as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd would come in for star striker Kevin Doyle.

The 23-year-old has been in impressive form for Reading so far this season, firing in goals from all angles to help the club sit in a comfortable Premiership position.

However, the strikers good form has not gone unnoticed and bigger clubs will now be itching to get their hands on the proven goalscorer.

What a master stroke from Reading! In a bizarre attempt to keep him at the Madejski they've gtone and made him Boss. Utter Genius!

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 04 Jan 2007 17:07

Sounds good as they have put it on the Official Site....

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 27,00.html

yappy

by yappy » 04 Jan 2007 17:42

I think Sidders will stay, the only way I see him leaving is if Arsenal come in for him. Remember last year Wenger saying he might try and buy him back one day, well considering our current position I think Arsenal is probably one of very few teams he'd go to, as the clubs he did look at in the summer e.g. Man City, Charlton, are proving to be more of a side step than a step foward.

royals pete

by royals pete » 04 Jan 2007 20:14

Didn't realize Coker had a contract till 2010 !!! Wonder who agreed that

No surprise then that the Hammers fans are on his back for not performing. Sids showed him how to do it in the 2nd half Monday.

Having said that, we have to trust that should Steve Sids sign, his performance levels will go on and not follow Coker. I can't actually ever remember Sids being a passenger. good lad

bassavage

by bassavage » 04 Jan 2007 20:52

yappy I think Sidders will stay, the only way I see him leaving is if Arsenal come in for him. Remember last year Wenger saying he might try and buy him back one day, well considering our current position I think Arsenal is probably one of very few teams he'd go to, as the clubs he did look at in the summer e.g. Man City, Charlton, are proving to be more of a side step than a step foward.

Side step???? Back step more like.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 05 Jan 2007 01:10

If Sidwell is worth 20 grand a week, Harps is worth at least 30.

151 posts