Nicest Reading players

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 07 Jan 2007 13:49

Amongst the sheep
alad Harper is a pr1ck, was asked to sign his autograph for a mate of mines kid the other week and didn't even bother speaking, just grunted and signed.

All that money and he couldn't even be bothered to smile and say afew words.

I have to disagree with you. I saw Royals reserves vs Bristol Rovers at the Memorial ground in Bristol. shortly before the Brentford game. Harper was playing for the stiffs. As they came off and dissappeared down the tunnel my son aged around 13 at the time shouted 'Harper'. He came back out ofthe tunnel and signed an autograph for him. Only let himself down a bit with his language 'Wish this team would give me the f****ing ball' but he had just come off playing a game. Harper is fine any player on their day could be having a bad day - they are human. Some are better at pr than others.

Harper used to go into Barclays over the Caversham Bridge where my mum used to work, spend a good hour or so counting up a pile of change and putting it into bags, in the mean time he'd entertain the staff. According to my mum a genuinely funny and nice guy.

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 07 Jan 2007 15:00

Spoke to JM a few seasons back when our game v Leicester was called off. Saw him in the changing room of the hotel swimming pool and we had a chat. Very nice bloke.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 08 Jan 2007 13:28

I'm guessing that he is not just gifted in the boardroom then ?? :lol:

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 08 Jan 2007 13:50

Talking of that nice Welshman Linden Jones, who used to play for us, he has actually recently been in the news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest/si ... ball.shtml

Just funny how he can't bring himself to reveal that it was the Simod Cup Final game that he played at 'the old Wembley in front of 65,000 fans'. I thought it was closer to 70,000 actually. Nevermind he was a good club servant.

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 08 Jan 2007 14:19

Linden Jones
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest/si ... ball.shtml

Q: What was your diet and nutrition like when you played for your club?
A: Diets have changed quite a lot. Believe it or not when i played, a pre match meal which you'd have around 12pm before 3pm kick off used to be fillet steak. Now with all the technology they're realising it takes you too long to digest it and at moment it's more or less pasta or something like that. When I was playing, the technology wasn't there so it was a fillet steak.

Couldn't digest the pre-match meal eh?

Anyone ever heard of players farting to clear the six yard box?
Theres must be some stories like this from football's 'bad nutrition' years.

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 08 Jan 2007 14:26

Met Ingamarrson once, and he was very friendly.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jan 2007 14:50

top man, saw him in country wares in crowthorne last year, thouroughly nice chap

Nezhen

Re: Nicest Reading players

by Nezhen » 03 Jan 2012 08:44

Linden Jones update - He is now at Swansea City working as a community officer for the club. HNY Linden! :)