What the papers say - Burnley Washout

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Jan 2007 10:59

What really annoyed me was that I had left it until 3.00pm to take all my unwanted household rubbish to the nearby tip so as to avoid the Mad Stad traffic to find.........................everybody coming out!!!!!!!! :evil:

Best laid plans eh? :wink:

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 08 Jan 2007 11:02

I remember dragging my sorry ass all the way to Loftus Rd through evening rush hour traffic for a game that was called off at the last minute. Later in the season we did the same thing all over again to Selhurst Park. C'est la vie

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Jan 2007 13:49

Gordons Cumming Reading FC ( Lack of communication ) Shocker!!!!!!!!!!

There was very late communication to fans in the stadiium the game was off.

Burnley players came out en masse and applauded the Burnley fans more or less straight after the decision was made and BBC Berks were in also the know fairly quickly. It must have been about 10 minutes after the decision was actually made before anyone at the club actually thought it might be a good idea to 'officially' tell people inside the stadium.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Jan 2007 13:50

el_presidente I remember dragging my sorry ass all the way to Loftus Rd through evening rush hour traffic for a game that was called off at the last minute. Later in the season we did the same thing all over again to Selhurst Park. C'est la vie

I did both of them as well, least it was only London and not oop north somewhere - but then the time taken to return home from London on a weeknight makes it seem like a trip up north!