De La Cruz

226 posts
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Jan 2007 17:16

On the subject of Lita, I totally agree with you, however, his distribution is awful and he doesn't often have the ability to beat defenders.
Certainly something to work on, but you can't fault his efforts today or recently for that matter.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 18:00

bracknell loyal royal! I agree he wasn't too bad today but definitely not of Reading quality! I feel he's too panicky for right back.
quit while you're losing bracknell (you have obviously confused UDC with Sonko today)
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 14 Jan 2007 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Harold

by Harold » 14 Jan 2007 18:01

You have to remember DLC hasn't played much first team football in the last year or so - his performance today was very good considering.

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 14 Jan 2007 18:04

Frustrated_Royal I thought DLC was good today and linked up with Little really well in the second half.

Indeed. He seemed a bit off, in the first part of the game. Eventually he did his things simple but safe, there were more trouble through the middle or on our left side. Although lacking some precision in his attacking game, most of our good attacks seemed to go through him and Little.

Tilehurst Mike

Re: De La Cruz

by Tilehurst Mike » 14 Jan 2007 18:19

bracknell loyal royal! Discuss.

Why did Coppel pick him, he's no more than League 2 quality.

And yes i'm very happy with a point but he's terrible.

What planet are you on or what game were you watching today?
Proved more than an adequate replacement for \murty today IMHO.
Div 2= 85+ international caps for Equador. He must be crap!!!

Gordon Cumming's right ho

by Gordon Cumming's right ho » 14 Jan 2007 18:30

Thought DLC was competent today.... solid, strong in the air but as someone said above, one paced. With time in possession he looked almost classy - apart from one woeful effort at a cross.

On the hand, step forward Glenda... RFC MotM by a mile today. Cool, calculating in possession. Never wasted the ball the entire match. Superb.

bassavage

by bassavage » 14 Jan 2007 18:41

I felt DLC did very well and it was his best game for us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2007 19:42

He was alright today. Thought he was the most solid of our back 5. The biggest drawback to having DLC in the team is that it will invariably mean we are without Murty's organisational skills and leadership and that's hardly DLC's fault.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 19:48

would you have him back in place of an injured Murty?

on todays appearance

Yes... quite happily........a point at Anfields down drain is the reason why.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 14 Jan 2007 19:57

I thought DLC did very well today and it was his best game for us.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 20:14

:lol: :lol: :roll: I just KNEW this would be on here tonight. De La Cruz did absolutely nothing wrong today, filling in against a tricky player(s) and Everton were forced to take McFadden off. De La Cruz had a very steady game and was one of our better players but it has to be someone's fault so why not the usual scapegoat. :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 20:19

Alan Partridge :lol: :lol: :roll: I just KNEW this would be on here tonight. De La Cruz did absolutely nothing wrong today, filling in against a tricky player(s) and Everton were forced to take McFadden off. De La Cruz had a very steady game and was one of our better players but it has to be someone's fault so why not the usual scapegoat. :roll:
Halls is injured I guess

same old same old Reading keyboard warriors

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Jan 2007 21:26

Alan Partridge :lol: :lol: :roll: I just KNEW this would be on here tonight. De La Cruz did absolutely nothing wrong today, filling in against a tricky player(s) and Everton were forced to take McFadden off. De La Cruz had a very steady game and was one of our better players but it has to be someone's fault so why not the usual scapegoat. :roll:
Have you actuallt read the thread? With the exception of BLR, the reviews are largely positive.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 21:29

Arch
Have you actuallt read the thread? With the exception of BLR, the reviews are largely positive.

No I couldn't be arsed :oops:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 14 Jan 2007 21:30

DLC really surprised me today - looked a bit shaky at times but generally solid and played some quality balls down the line to Little, Lita or Long.

"De La, De La Cruz" :lol:

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton
Location: Near the source of the UK's No 1 Natural Mineral Water

by Ollie Kearns is in Buxton » 14 Jan 2007 22:03

Gud t'see that most come to Praise DLC and not bury him - in agreement with most comments, esp re his 2nd half performance.

As to whether he's an adequate replacement for Murts - well no, but then Our Captain's playing outt'of his Caledonian Skin and making 1 or 2 on here (me incld) eat humble pie, for I thought he'd be a weak link at this level based on his 'Rocky' patches in the Championship.

Can't be easy slotting into our Arsenal-esque rearguard, esp as a Newbie, etc, esp on such ltd oppotunities.

The fact that he's got more caps than any1 else in our squad maybe irrelvnt, but it can't be a bad thing and his temperament seems sound.

So, if at the beginning of the Season, a projected RFC team without Bobby Boy/Davey Boy/Doyler/Capt Tartan was summoned to Goodison to face Messrs Johnson/Beattie/Cahill/Jobo/etc I reckon many would've prayed for a draw.

Greed is good tho...

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 14 Jan 2007 22:10

We had a negative thread about DLC the other day after the Burnley game which left me fuming, but to say I'm astonished by some of the comments that have been made on here today is a total understatement.

DID ANY OF YOU FICKLE TW*TS ACTUALLY BOTHER TO GO TO THE GAME TODAY ????

DLC was easily one of our best players at Goodison today and did a great stand-in job for Murty. He showed poise, excellent positioning, was great in the tackle and good in the air, oh and yes he made a couple of mistakes !!. If you are looking for scapegoats, then watch the highlights tonight and look at Hahneman's positioning for their goal !!!

FFS, this has got to stop right now!. Please show some understanding of the game we call Football before posting disgraceful utter bile on here. Or better still grow up, watch the game's constructively (and live preferably) and take a good hard look at what you are about to 'submit' before posting this sort of drivel on here.

At least some on here can read a good performance when they see one !

Rant Over :twisted:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 22:18

wasn't at the game Nez but followed every kick thanx to sky

UDLC, as you say, earnt his place .....and not the bile of the keyboard warriors.........some on here have never seen a "team" before.

Should Halls and UDLC both score hatricks against Liverpool then Oster would be the blame for their 90th minute consolation goal at 6-1

Get real guys.....even Robin Friday fu3ked up in front of goal you know

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 14 Jan 2007 22:19

I thought he done well too , not as good as Murty but thats why Murty starts when he's fit.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 14 Jan 2007 22:43

As a previous poster said I was expecting a thread praising DLC.
He got my vote as MoM today, a much improved performance filling in ably for Murts. Would happily have him fill in again.
Perhaps for some the tv gave a distorted view.

226 posts