Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 14:02

:lol:

philM

by philM » 22 Jan 2007 14:03

Royal Rother
philM Duh! I never thought he did want Gillespie sent off... Did I say that?

You complete and utter fairycake.

You just said that Warnock was expecting it to happen so presumably had sent him on with the instruction to elbow Hunt.

What other outcome than a sending off would you expect from an elbow to the head these days?

Warnock watched from the first confrontation (verbals?) a few seconds before the elbow. I think he encourages players to be overly aggressive by his own fervour and excitability, and I think he knew Gillespie was on to do a job on Hunt.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 22 Jan 2007 14:18

we are loosing the game two nil why would he send a player on to get sent off against straight away.

have a word with yourself.

I am convinced that warnock wasn't talking about breaking hunts leg and that he was talking about the tqckle by sidwell. (i thought i saw him mounth that in the video)

Again JMW you claim that the bobl and last years game against leeds are evidence of him sending players on to injure others neither were
Last edited by blade 1 on 22 Jan 2007 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 22 Jan 2007 14:19

Just reading this thread is laughable, because as has already been stated the evidence is there and clear to see for all ! Warnock does indeed appear to say 'Monty break his f*cking leg' and later seems to shout 'Do him', which precipitates Wally's actions. (Luckily, my line of work enables me to watch highlights from Football first off Sky on a frame-by-frame basis).

If the FA go to the trouble of watching this in detail, Warnock is surely in deep, deep trouble! :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 14:21

Well, if that is proved right I'll have a bit of pie munching to do that's for sure!! :lol:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Jan 2007 14:22

exileinleeds The United manager had sarcastically clapped Hunt and Downes said: "I clearly heard him say several times: 'Do him'. One of our players also clearly heard him say the same to his player Nick Montgomery.

DO HIM !!

If Colin did say this, which is now looking more likely, then how would he explain this at an FA hearing? Perhaps he was saying to the ref. 'do him' as in send off Sidwell as well for the challenge he made earlier on in the game on Armstrong. Now this is possible but wont it be strange that he didn't mention this at the time and probably if pressed now would deny saying it.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Jan 2007 14:22

Looking at the clips again, I think I can see CW mouth 'Sidwell' at the time of his stamping tantrum.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 22 Jan 2007 14:25

Well you see the other thing that really does it for me, is that I think Hunt heard Warnock's instructions to Montgomery and this plays a part in Hunts fairly harsh challenge on Montgomery some minutes later.

Again watching the footage on replay, you can obviously see that Hunt is very wound up as Ingi and Murts try to calm him down and he does then seem to look out for Montgomery in the minutes after this incident.

Only conjecture I know, but it does add weight to the fact that Warnock is now trying to cover his arse by using the Sidwell challenge as a smokescreen me thinks. He knows he is in trouble and is squirming as usual. :roll:

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 22 Jan 2007 14:28

readingbedding Looking at the clips again, I think I can see CW mouth 'Sidwell' at the time of his stamping tantrum.

I'm leaning towards having Gillespie and Downes as the guilty parts. Not Warnock, except the sarchastic hand-clapping, but that is not really a serious issue.

Even a fan should be able to think rationally once in a while. The conspiracy theoriest should await ref's report, at least.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Jan 2007 14:31

blade 1 we are loosing the game two nil why would he send a player on to get sent off against straight away.

have a word with yourself.

I am convinced that warnock wasn't talking about breaking hunts leg and that he was talking about the tqckle by sidwell.

Again JMW you claim that the bobl and last years game against leeds are evidence of him sending players on to injur others neither were

I think Colin is in major difficulty here whichever way you cut it and whatever the FA dish out to Downes. Why would he do it? You'll need to ask him. The 'enforcer' was sent on to neutralise Hunt. The intention was to do this without getting sent off so the plan didn't work. What adds credibility to what Downes is saying is that Colin's got history for doing this.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Jan 2007 14:32

ohagerup
readingbedding Looking at the clips again, I think I can see CW mouth 'Sidwell' at the time of his stamping tantrum.

I'm leaning towards having Gillespie and Downes as the guilty parts. Not Warnock, except the sarchastic hand-clapping, but that is not really a serious issue.
Even a fan should be able to think rationally once in a while. The conspiracy theoriest should await ref's report, at least.

I guess you believe it is o.k. for him to say ' Monty break his f*cking leg' then.

Personally, I think its a bit off. Wally should have decked him.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Jan 2007 14:33

What if I gestured to Colin that Sheff Utd only scored one goal (as above)? Yes, gestures can sometimes be misunderstood and even if Colin was referring about an incident from 10 minutes before it was not the smartest thing to do at the time.

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 22 Jan 2007 14:35

londinium
I guess you believe it is o.k. for him to say ' Monty break his f*cking leg' then.

No. I don't believe he said that. He claims the referee has stated to him that he heard what he said (the Sidwell situation). That would be stupid if the referee indeed not did anything like that. In that case it will be revealed when the referee posts his match report to FA and the FA takes action.

So before anything like that gives new facts to the case, I don't believe he said anything like that.

So I'll leave you lip-readers guessing around here for now...

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Jan 2007 14:42

ohagerup
londinium

No. I don't believe he said that. He claims the referee has stated to him that he heard what he said (the Sidwell situation). That would be stupid if the referee indeed not did anything like that. In that case it will be revealed when the referee posts his match report to FA and the FA takes action.

So before anything like that gives new facts to the case, I don't believe he said anything like that.

So I'll leave you lip-readers guessing around here for now...

well..you are right in the respect that until the facts are known then we probably shouldn't judge.

That said, have you watched the video enough to work out what he says?

Many have, and some who have the equipment to watch it frame by frame too, and also some Blades.

Most, and I am not saying all, come to the same conclusion.

ohagerup

by ohagerup » 22 Jan 2007 14:49

I'm not guessing at what he said. His statement that the referee has confirmed to him that he was talking about Sidwell's challenge is obviously only his claim at the moment. But the fact that it would be pure stupidity to claim that, long time after the incident and the game, when you know it would be revealed later, makes his claim slightly more likely.

It doesn't help that Downes disliked and mistrusted Warnock even before this incident.

So, if Warnock lies about the referee suporting his version of the incident, that will be known later. For now it seems the more credible version, IMO.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Jan 2007 15:32

I don't think that there is a doubt that he said something to Halsey along the lines of Sidwell's tackle was the worst of the game; its what he ALSO said thats the issue.

It isn't a case that he EITHER said "Ref, Sidwell's tackle was the worst of the game" or "Monty, break his F****** legs".......its a case of did he say both.

I think he did.

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 22 Jan 2007 16:01

NW is high on my list of unfavourite managers but he went up in my estimation when he refrained from striking back when shoved by WD.

If he said both the things attributed to him by contributors to this thread, it was a very astute move on NW's part to involve the ref. By reminding MH about one of the things he (NW) had said MH's first thought would be "Yes, he did say something like that" and there would be a good chance that he would remember the other statement as "[Sidwell] could have broken [Armstrong's] leg".

blade 1

by blade 1 » 22 Jan 2007 16:01

The 'enforcer' was sent on to neutralise Hunt

think thats the first time keed has ever been refered to as an enforcer :wink:

my final word on it, i dont think he sent spomeone on to hurt anyone, but if he did i would in no way defend that. And if its proved he did he should not be maaging a prem club imo and should step down

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Jan 2007 16:54

RR - you seem to completely dismiss the words of Mr Coppell. I've watched him on SSN, heard him on radio berks and read the words attributed to him in the sunday papers and each time he has more or less said that he believed Warnock was telling his player to stamp on one of ours. I do hope this helps.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 16:55

blade 1, in the unlikely event that he did, then he won't be managing anyone ever again.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 22 Jan 2007 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

239 posts