I am now officially bored of watching Leroy Lita

269 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2007 19:44

Royal Monk Not in such a staggering way no :lol:

oh yeah .... lighten up a bit too :P

No, YOU F*CKING LIGHTEN UP.

I'm not the one being highly strung you are.

Just trying to point out we all make errors if you can't understand that you're an IDIOT.

:wink:

Im Spartacus

Re: I am now officially bored of watching Leroy Lita

by Im Spartacus » 03 Feb 2007 19:46

Royal Rother
Royal Rother At the start of the season I thought Lita was the one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle,

Looks like my oening post was actually pretty spot on I'd say...

But you lacked the courage of your convictions.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Feb 2007 19:50

Royal Rother
Royal Rother At the start of the season I thought Lita was the one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle,

Looks like my oening post was actually pretty spot on I'd say...

Nobody's ended up being the preferred partner for anybody else yet...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2007 19:56

I was absolutely right about Lita all the way.

I said he would be our best striker and he has now proved my prediction correct.

I said in October that despite the attributes I drew attention to in the opening post he was consistently ineffective.

And now that he is in excellent striking form I praise his contribution, without getting carried away and giving him credit for areas of his game that are still in need of much attention.

Exactly the right analysis right through the season.

I should be on TV.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Feb 2007 20:06

Both Lita and Long had a tough time today up against a very big and strong back four.

Lita took his goals well, and I can't remember the last time I've wanted us to win as much as that!

Their fans were the biggest set of w**kers I'm yet to come across on our travels in the Premiership.

"We're all going on a European tour, a European tour................" 8)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Feb 2007 20:07

Royal Rother I was absolutely right about Lita all the way.

I said he would be our best striker and he has now proved my prediction correct.

I said in October that despite the attributes I drew attention to in the opening post he was consistently ineffective.

And now that he is in excellent striking form I praise his contribution, without getting carried away and giving him credit for areas of his game that are still in need of much attention.

I should be on TV.

Enough with the wind ups now. The joke isn't funny anymore.

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 03 Feb 2007 20:10

I should be on TV.

Better than Doyle :?:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Feb 2007 20:16

nivek elyod

I should be on TV.

Very different players, BUT you could argue Lita is a better finisher.
Doyle works a heck of a lot harder though, and in my opinion also causes defenders more problems.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Feb 2007 20:20

Maguire

I should be on TV.

Enough with the wind ups now. The joke isn't funny anymore.
People keep bumping the thread, the joke goes on. Of course, it could be locked. I can;t think of many who would object to that.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2007 20:42

Indeed. Perhaps I should go off and search out all the comments from people writing off Bikey as a no-hope central defender after one game where his clearances were suspect...

Maguire, a wind up it might be but it's also a perfectly accurate summary.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2007 20:57

I am now officially bored of official boredom discussions especially those regaridng the official boredom of watching Lita.

Thanks.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Feb 2007 21:51

I'm bored of watching Leroy just score goals domestically - can't he start banging them in for England and us in Europe soon?

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 03 Feb 2007 22:01

Lucky i saw the :wink: at the bottom ..... :)

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 03 Feb 2007 22:41

Royal Rother Bloody frustrated at home internet connection being chewed through by new cat yesterday when I wanted to vent my spleen last night, but as I can see that almost all my feelings about yesterday have already been covered, so I'll just go to the one subject on my mind that hasn't.

On another day for the club that showed many very positive attributes I'm afraid it is a negative one, but what the hell eh?

Having seen most of Reading's games this season I am now frustrated and bored of watching Lita. I actually think he works very hard, and is very strong for a small bloke, but if you analyse his performances they are identical every game.

He never looks like keeping possession for any more than a split second, he never looks like getting into a position where he can score, he makes some great leaps and wins headers he has no right to, but that's always in the middle of the park, he just is there, on the pitch, running about a lot, and that's all. Long causes far more problems for the defenders when he comes on.

At the start of the season I thought Lita was one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle, and I still felt that last month, but now I've changed my mind, which doesn't happen very often. Premiership defenders ALL put him in their pocket and keep him there. Doyle is finding it hard as well, but always seems to create a chance or two no matter who he is up against.

I can't wait for Kitson to get back. All he needs is his fitness and he'll be in the team.

In the meantime, we have nothing to lose by starting a game with Long as he can't be less effective than Lita.

Am I being unfair?

RoyaLOL Rother

lol- hang your head in shame!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Feb 2007 23:57

Royal Rother Indeed. Perhaps I should go off and search out all the comments from people writing off Bikey as a no-hope central defender after one game where his clearances were suspect...

Maguire, a wind up it might be but it's also a perfectly accurate summary.

This thread isn't going anywhere anytime soon, live with it

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2007 00:17

Live with it eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Feb 2007 01:04

Royal Rother Bloody frustrated at home internet connection being chewed through by new cat yesterday when I wanted to vent my spleen last night, but as I can see that almost all my feelings about yesterday have already been covered, so I'll just go to the one subject on my mind that hasn't.

On another day for the club that showed many very positive attributes I'm afraid it is a negative one, but what the hell eh?

Having seen most of Reading's games this season I am now frustrated and bored of watching Lita. I actually think he works very hard, and is very strong for a small bloke, but if you analyse his performances they are identical every game.

He never looks like keeping possession for any more than a split second, he never looks like getting into a position where he can score, he makes some great leaps and wins headers he has no right to, but that's always in the middle of the park, he just is there, on the pitch, running about a lot, and that's all. Long causes far more problems for the defenders when he comes on.

At the start of the season I thought Lita was one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle, and I still felt that last month, but now I've changed my mind, which doesn't happen very often. Premiership defenders ALL put him in their pocket and keep him there. Doyle is finding it hard as well, but always seems to create a chance or two no matter who he is up against.

I can't wait for Kitson to get back. All he needs is his fitness and he'll be in the team.

In the meantime, we have nothing to lose by starting a game with Long as he can't be less effective than Lita.

Am I being unfair?

With insight as accurate as this, you are right - you would be perfect for TV.

:roll:

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 04 Feb 2007 01:29

Royal Rother Am I being unfair?

Sorry MR "Reading FC Sport Scientist" I didn't realise you were in any sort of position to judge/analyse the lads performance... And as you are most likely not a sport scientist or have ever worked in that field I don't feel you can pass comment on his playing style!!!

If he never gets himself into a position to score, please can you explain to me why he has scored 6 league goals and 6 cup goals this season so far and is currently on 9 goals in 9 games.....

Also how can you sit there and say he wins headers he has "no right to win" (your words not mine) every air ball should be seen as a 50/50 ball otherwise you would play with no pation or heart and very rarely win the ball from the air. And lets be honest for someone who is 5'7" he is a pretty springy lad. It doesn't matter where he wins the ball they are a unit of 11 and they work together which means if he has dropped into the middle of the park to win a ball then he should have an outlet just as sidwell, harps etc... would expect him to be theres.

As for Long causing more problems for defenders!!!! What football are you watching??? Lets be honest niether of them are our first choice strikers but with Kitson having been out injured since the first game of the season and Doyle now being injured and Mr Coppell being very reluctant to play Seol up front actually lets be honest play Seol at all we don't have many other options for out-right strikers....

So to answer your question of are you being unfair - as you may have guessed I would say yes you are.... :)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Feb 2007 01:33

who gives a phuck, the boy IS ON IT.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Feb 2007 01:46

Coppelled Streets
nivek elyod

I should be on TV.

Very different players, BUT you could argue Lita is a better finisher.
Doyle works a heck of a lot harder though, and in my opinion also causes defenders more problems.

Why are you comparing?

We are scoring, clean sheet and Villa will be v nervous next week.

Let it all roll in.

269 posts