Coach 9 yesterday

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 08 Feb 2007 11:18

Yet more complaints about STAR.

Coaches getting lost, people getting left behind.

What a shambles.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 08 Feb 2007 11:23

Be fair, Aggro, it wasn't STAR who was at fault here, it was the coach driver. Unless he/she was a member of STAR?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Feb 2007 17:25

Garry Mann Yet more complaints about STAR.

What a shambles.

I find it amazing that the coach company aren't prepared to invest a couple of hundred quid per coach for satnav.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 09 Feb 2007 18:27

RoyalBlue

What a shambles.

I find it amazing that the coach company aren't prepared to invest a couple of hundred quid per coach for satnav.

I understand that if he hadn't stopped at a red light - despite being part of a police convoy which means he could ignore the red light - he would have still been in touch with the rest of the coaches and they are big enough to follow easily with that horse on the back.

I wonder if he will drive a coach for STAR again :o

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2007 20:33

westendgirl
RoyalBlue

What a shambles.

I understand that if he hadn't stopped at a red light - despite being part of a police convoy which means he could ignore the red light - he would have still been in touch with the rest of the coaches and they are big enough to follow easily with that horse on the back.

never mind...........it's probably just a blokes livelihood

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Feb 2007 06:29

westendgirl
RoyalBlue

What a shambles.

I doubt that would be correct unless the convoy included enough police to stop traffic at the lights, dangerous to just cruise through otherwise.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 10 Feb 2007 08:45

Barry the bird boggler I'm not surprised someone got lost, I've never seen such dreadful signposting around a place before and not just the fact that Eastlands or the City of Manchester Stadium are not signposted anywhere apart from right outside the place - in fact if they hadn't have a picture of a football next to the Sportcity sign plenty would probably have sailed right by the turnings to it.

Add to that the badly signposted fact that the link road from the M56 to M6 was closed and its no wonder people were delayed.

I think we've found coach nine's driver!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Feb 2007 11:35

The 17 Bus
westendgirl
RoyalBlue

What a shambles.

I doubt that would be correct unless the convoy included enough police to stop traffic at the lights, dangerous to just cruise through otherwise.
The police were holding up the traffic even before everyone was on the coaches - as we witnessed when walking back to the car.