I Love Him, I Love Him Not

191 posts
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Feb 2007 17:30

Love..... Ingermarson Reliable, honest, hard working, chips in with odd vital goals, hardly misses a game and never complains and an all round top bloke. The epitomy of the term "Unsung Hero".

Hate.... Sidwell yes he is a good player but not as good as he thinks he is and thinks he's to good for little ole Reading, better players than him have commited there future to the club.

Barbazza

by Barbazza » 13 Feb 2007 17:34

Love Little :D
Hate Harper :shock:

Anyone who slates Harper has no real understanding of the game. Why was he Pards' first name on the teamsheet and subsequently the first name for Sir Steve.
1:0 up in the second half, under pressure from Villa, balls being launched out of defence, can't seem to get out?

Harps puts his foot on the ball.

And relax.

Pants of Primus

by Pants of Primus » 13 Feb 2007 17:38

Doyle
-

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 13 Feb 2007 17:38

Love: Doyler. He is exciting to watch, every time he gets the ball I think something goods going to happen. He's tireless and can read the game with precision, he's always in the right place at the right time usually in front of goal.

Hate: Sidders. He can be very frustrating with some of his positioning and passing and at the moment he is really talking himself up, a bit too much if you ask me. We can do without him.

Banjax

by Banjax » 13 Feb 2007 17:48

love ingamarson - always consistant

hate seol - doesn't seem to have the royals attitude

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Feb 2007 17:49

Ok, it's got to be done :

LOVE : Nicky Shorey. Ok, he's only got one leg and he's a shrimp, but through pure effort he's taught himself to beat everyone else in the air - now he just needs to work on getting a right foot that is for more than standing on. But above all, I love him beacuse everytime we've been up against it this season, it seems to be Nicky's confidence to take sonmeone on and beat them that spreads to the rest of teh team (Boro at home is the prime example of this). then agaun, I've always had a soft spot for right-backs from Chalky onwards.

HATE : Too harsh a word to use, but I'll go for Kevin Doyle. I just don't understand why he's done so well. Yes, he's fast, but so was Nathan Tyson. Doyle just doesn't look like a goalscoring machine, and so he continually confounds and amazes me by scoring the number of goals he does, from the positions he does. I just can't see what attributes he has to make him score that many, so he's a fraud in my eyes, I'm afraid.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 13 Feb 2007 17:56

Can't really hate any of the existing squad.

Love from existing squad would have to be LITTLE - the guy is amazing as he can turn any defender inside out and cross the ball but just appears (on the face of it) to have no pace and his legs are all over the place !!!!

From the old days I used to Love Terry Hurlock - A reading legend. With the crowd singing 'Terrys gunna get ya' and seeing the Tree truck man launch into another 'lightweight' tackle !!!!!![/b]

Fred Sharpe's Nose

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 13 Feb 2007 17:56

:roll:

Well done, original poster, you've managed to get nearly every current Reading player mentioned as someone that someone hates!!!

For crying out loud! I bloody love every single member of this team, and the manager, and Kingsley, and John Madejski, and the coaching staff, and the woman in the fish and chip shop nearby!

Come on, Valentine's Day's supposed to be about love, ennit?

Love is all around, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Yeah, all right. I hate the fockin announcements at half time. Can't even hear yourself read the fockin programme.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 13 Feb 2007 17:59

LOVE: Kitson - big, ugly, aggessive, just what a target man should be. Allied to that, he's a good finisher with a surprisingly subtle touch. I love his honesty in his interviews, both regarding his team-mates and about his own shortcomings. He (unknowingly) scared my eldest two kids when they met him last year at a Super7s event - good work Dave!

HATE: LONG - my heart sinks when his name is announced, he looks every inch a footballer until the match starts, now here he comes, gallumphing along like a new-born foal. Full of endeavour but so bereft of footballing ability, he's the anti-Lambert. One for the future for sure, he can fukc off for a bit and return when he's ready, come back Brayson I've seen somebody worse than you after all. And, like the rest of us, he has to pretend that Doyle's not gay.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Feb 2007 18:08

Love Player - Stephen Hunt. Tireless, works hard, improved dramatically since last season. Great hair. Starting to get goals. Real 110% player.

Previous incumbents - Andy Hughes

Hate Player - Stephen Hunt. Christ on a pedal-less bike, given his effort and his improvement, why can't he just kick a oxf*rd ball where he actually intends to? At least 1 or 2 big misses a game.

Previous incumbents - Andy Hughes. Who I remember for sprinting 30 odd yards to make space before shinning the ball into touch. That's the spirit.

Long is also one who goes in both categories.

Kitson and Murty - love, but I thik its deserved
Oster - is a tart.

ferret

by ferret » 13 Feb 2007 18:12

Love- Lita. Goalscorers have always been my fav players and while his first touch lets him down a bit his finishing is top draw, the 2 goals at Man City were just pure class and thankfully I was there to see them Live.

Hate- Gunnasonn He's not a bad player but IMO he's just not good enough for this Level.

Past players I have loved are Curo, Caskey, Gilkes and Jimmy Quinn.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 13 Feb 2007 18:19

Is hate really the right word to be using on players who have helped our team to 6th in the Premiership? :roll:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2007 18:24

Interesting, very interesting.

LOVE - no-one to be honest. They're all great but no-one's so good taht they don't deserve criticism when their form drops.

HATE - again no-one. No one should be so discarded as rubbish purely on a hunch. If someone I previously didn't rate starts playing really well then great. I used to think not very much of Long until he scored for us a couple of times, for example. Same with Bikey until he started improving.

The fact that so many admittedly have players towards which they show irrational prejudice (either for or against) explains a lot abotu HNA!

:wink:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Feb 2007 18:44

Fred Sharpe's Nose :roll:

Well done, original poster, you've managed to get nearly every current Reading player mentioned as someone that someone hates!!!

For crying out loud! I bloody love every single member of this team, and the manager, and Kingsley, and John Madejski, and the coaching staff, and the woman in the fish and chip shop nearby!

Come on, Valentine's Day's supposed to be about love, ennit?

Love is all around, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Yeah, all right. I hate the fockin announcements at half time. Can't even hear yourself read the fockin programme.

Congratulations on missing the point of the thread. Sames goes for the guy defending harper earlier.

Of course "hate" is too strong, but hate is the opposite of love and thus they are your hate player.

yappy

by yappy » 13 Feb 2007 18:52

LOVE- Nicky Shorey for me. I think the guy is immense, on the field his technique, composure and delivery are of the highest quality, and he doesn't look out of place at all in the Premiership even though hes not that tall, strong or fast. Off the pitch hes just an awesome guy!

HATE- Mmmm I suppose its Seol, it's not that hes a bad player, the problem I have with him is that he is actually a very good footballer which makes it more frustrating to see when he is playing under-par, or when he just doesn't seem to put any effort in.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Feb 2007 19:01

Love: Lita because he's improved so much this season thus far and his effort and general all round play are far better. He's also scored some superbly taken goals recently and memorable ones at that.

Hate: Not much to choose from right now, but I'm going to go for Seol because of his laziness, even if I did get his name on the back of my shirt at the start of the season and rate him ability-wise.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 13 Feb 2007 19:04

Jackson Corner Love..... Ingermarson Reliable, honest, hard working, chips in with odd vital goals, hardly misses a game and never complains and an all round top bloke. The epitomy of the term "Unsung Hero".

Hate.... Sidwell yes he is a good player but not as good as he thinks he is and thinks he's to good for little ole Reading, better players than him have commited there future to the club.

Hate to be unoriginal but that was pretty much what I was about to post.Seol at times has looked like he`s going through the motions rather than busting a blood vessle but to be charitable jet lag may have accounted for a bit of that . :roll:

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Feb 2007 19:05

Barbazza Love Harper :D
Hate Harper :shock:

Anyone who slates Harper has no real understanding of the game. Why was he Pards' first name on the teamsheet and subsequently the first name for Sir Steve.
1:0 up in the second half, under pressure from Villa, balls being launched out of defence, can't seem to get out?

Harps puts his foot on the ball.

And relax.

Good post, Harper, diamond geezer.
Last edited by Cookie on 13 Feb 2007 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 13 Feb 2007 19:08

Love:

Got to be Shorey. Can't wait to see him in an England team. Will be grabbing random strangers in the pub to show him off as if I was his dad. "That's our Nicky that is". Can't wait.

Hate:

Sidwell. I just can't stand his self serving "I'm just keeping my options open" outlook. He may be quite entitled to do what he's doing, but his "just a job" attitude really pisses me off. I know it's wrong, but a small, warped, sick, depraved, bitter part of me would just love him to get seriously injured on the last day of the season. Let's see how smug he feels about "seeing what's out there" when he's stuck on his back at home while his missus scrapes a living flogging knock off tracksuits in her "boutique" on Hackney market. I hope his kid is ginger too.

Wow, freeing yourself from logic is really liberating!

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 13 Feb 2007 19:09

Love Doyle and Shorey - they can do no wrong.

"Hate" - Marcus for coming over to the crowd and giving his shirt away after every game. Now this didnt look too bad this season or last season. But he used to play shit and lose 3-0 away at Stoke and he'd still come over. After that Stoke game I really wanted him to throw it in the crowd and everyone just walk past it and leave it.

Murty - Again due to Stoke away a few years ago (it was the hatrick of the 3-0 loses near xmas). He tripped over his shoe laces and blamed someone else. He really used to be terrible and I got to the point about 3 years ago that I was obsessed and only used to watch him.

Harper - He really annoys me whenever he closes someone down. He always stands to square on to whoever has the ball. If he stood at a slight angle he could show the opposition one way or the other.

191 posts