Andre Bikey

165 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Feb 2007 13:41

Anyone else notice Carew give Bikey a high5 after Bikey tackled him at one point?

Says a lot if you ask me.

And agree with RR about Lita. Great first-time shooter, but today he had the first touch of a 7-year old girl and at times its embarrassingly amateur

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 11 Feb 2007 14:41

Initially Bikey was having a very tough time with Carew, who was able to get some really good chances both for himself and Young. If Young could finish it might've been a different story. I thought as the game went on Bikey really figured out Carew and did a good job. In the long run I think that experience will do a lot for him. He learned something about playing at this level, and at the same time contributed to a clean sheet which will help his confidence.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Feb 2007 14:43

John Madejski's Wallet today he had the first touch of a 7-year old girl

Doubt many of us on here have ever experienced the touch of a 7-year girl JMW, so we'll have to take your word for it.

Thought Lita worked pretty hard to be honest, although clearly fluffed his lines in front of goal for once. Shane Long on the other hand was essentially a spectator. Kitson to start, please.

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 11 Feb 2007 14:50

perhaps shane needs a rest especially as he seems to have been doubtful to play the last few games

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 11 Feb 2007 14:56

Thomas L'Heureux All this, and from a midfielder who doesn't speak much English, playing in a foreign country with players he doesn't really know, in a position that is new to him?

You've said that a couple of times now, but even Bikey himself has said before that he's a centre back and doesn't know what he's doing when playing in the midfield as he's not used to it.

He may look less nervous in the middle, but his experience has been at center back and you're confusing your opinion with actual reality.

BonBoh Bikey would be a great signing for us. I expect he will be a free transfer at the end of the season so why not?

I'm sure that I've heard he'll be something around the £1m mark. I'm undecided over his future prospects with us. I'm sure we can probably get a centre back who has a little more about him NOW after this seasons efforts, as opposed to signing one for the future.

As for Bikey's display yesterday, well he did ok, but, as against City we conceded plenty of chances, a lot of which came through the middle of the defence. His lack of awareness and slow reactions leads to him being caught out of position but he did ok yesterday against Carew who despite being a real handful was a perfect opponent for Bikey to face.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 11 Feb 2007 15:03

You've said that a couple of times now, but even Bikey himself has said before that he's a centre back and doesn't know what he's doing when playing in the midfield as he's not used to it.

He may look less nervous in the middle, but his experience has been at center back and you're confusing your opinion with actual reality.

err... I believe that comment from Bikey was in reference to playing right back not midfield. He prefers playing in the center and in midfield because he doesn't have to make as many last ditch tackles as he isn't good at those.

Unless you are talking about a different quote.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 11 Feb 2007 15:05

zac naloen

err... I believe that comment from Bikey was in reference to playing right back not midfield. He prefers playing in the center and in midfield because he doesn't have to make as many last ditch tackles as he isn't good at those.

Post match interview after Liverpool League Cup game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2007 18:13

Winchester Royal
glass half full
Winchester Royal What amazed me today was how he ignored the referee when he'd made a blatent foul on the edge of the box, and walked away when Clattenberg was blowing his whistle at him.
Sidwelll gave him a bollocking for not giving the ref some respect.

Hopefully the Reading way is being instilled in him somehow, he does seem to have a somewhat nonchalant attitude to the officials, including his reaction after getting sent off against Chelsea.

Would that have been a contributory factor in his caution?

Could well have been.
Clattenberg might just have wanted to have warned him, but given his 'don't care' attitude, he might have been booked for ignoring the ref.
Good to see Sidwell give him a bollocking, despite not wearing the armband
Clattenburg had his hand in his pocket fumbling for the monopoly money within a second of the foul......Bikey just kept walking tho'

The "Honest Steve" comments on this thread make me giggle :wink: poacher turned gamekeeper

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Feb 2007 13:50

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 368685.stm

Bikey impresses at Reading

Cameroon's Andre Bikey has impressed in England.
Cameroon defender Andre Bikey has been impressing the manager of his English Premiership side, Steve Coppell.
Bikey is on a season-long loan from Lokomotiv Moscow and has broke into the first team since Ivory Coast's Ibrahima Sonko injured his knee.

Coppell said: "Andre is from Cameroon, has played three years in Russia, and is only 22.

"For him to settle in such a short space of time is a tremendous compliment to him," he added.

The 22-year-old has played in the last four games for Steve Coppell's side and is likely to feature in Saturday's FA Cup fifth-round clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford.

"He has had teething problems but he is gradually overcoming them and is doing terrifically well," said Coppell.

"This weekend I am sure will be a little bit different. This is all new to Andre, a fresh challenge, and he is the first to realise he has got a lot to learn - yet alone English."

I have a feeling we may be signing him in june...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Feb 2007 13:52

Archie's penalty http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Ivory Coast's Ibrahima Sonko

I'm shocked that such a well respected media source could get that wrong. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2007 13:53

SpaceCruiser

I'm shocked that such a well respected media source could get that wrong. :roll:

add it to the stick rant. sigh.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Feb 2007 13:56

SpaceCruiser

Honestly - who cares?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Feb 2007 13:57

Archie's penalty
SpaceCruiser

Honestly - who cares?

Ibrahima Sonko might care.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Feb 2007 14:02

SpaceCruiser
Archie's penalty
SpaceCruiser

Honestly - who cares?

Ibrahima Sonko might care.

I can just see Ibu sitting in front of his computer early on a friday afternoon:

'What's this I see I seem to play for the Ivory Coast?! - this gives me the excuse I have always sought to end it all now...'

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Feb 2007 14:42

SpaceCruiser Ibrahima Sonko might care.

Probably about as much as he cares when you go on about him being Senegalise not French!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Feb 2007 14:45

Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser Ibrahima Sonko might care.

Probably about as much as he cares when you go on about him being Senegalise not French!

But he is Senegalese. :roll:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Feb 2007 10:43

zac naloen

write out 100 times each

I must learn how to spell CENTRE. I am not an American, I am English.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 17 Feb 2007 11:16

West Stand Man
zac naloen

write out 100 times each

Write out 100 times each.

I don't give a crap both are valid. Just ask the government. :wink:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Feb 2007 14:38

zac naloen
West Stand Man
zac naloen

write out 100 times each

Write out 100 times each.

I don't give a crap both are valid. Just ask the government. :wink:

Hmmmm

English language .... government control.

No, just don't see it somehow.

:oops:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Feb 2007 19:51

Looked a bit casual at times tonight BUT is benefiting from an extended run in the team and is getting better and better by the game. A typical Coppell find, young but learning fast and someone we can mould into a quality defender. Would be an absolute steal at the reported £1m and on the evidence of the last few games, I really hope we sign him.

165 posts