Arsenal Away - 3rd March 07- Ticket Details UPDATED

199 posts
AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 20 Feb 2007 11:13

Fair play to the sales centre on this occasion I say, the unexpected Cup replay has caused a few problems but they've dealt with it the best they can - Man Utd tickets available online right away, extended opening hours, extra staff on, all ticket windows open. The only thing they perhaps could have done better would be the Royalty Points banding to allow a more gradual sale, but even so it's not like there has been the chaos of last seasons Carling Cup game.

My Arsenal ticket arrived this morning too, so hurrah to them some more.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Feb 2007 11:18

As AST holders received their tickets a few days ago they could have started selling Arsenal tix a little earlier but apart from that, and the fact that I won't get a ticket if they sell out today :cry: they have done a good job, just don't expect any of the regular ticket office haters to give any credit where it's due!

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 20 Feb 2007 11:22

Spirit of Elm Park 500 left this morning. (source: Ticket Office)

Queue of about 200 this morning. (over the hour 10-11)

I doubt they will make midday.

Queued for 45 minutes but got 5 tickets no probs. Seemed to be plenty left.

Maybe most of those queuing are after ManU replay tickets rather than Arsenal. Maybe some people don't have a bottomless pit of cash and have to choose.
Last edited by M Brook on 20 Feb 2007 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mr Brightside » 20 Feb 2007 11:23

On hold now, and they report it sold out :evil: been on hold for 45 mins!

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 20 Feb 2007 11:26

Mr Brightside On hold now, and they report it sold out :evil: been on hold for 45 mins!

yep, recorded message says they've sold out. They really need to change those Royalty Points bands

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 20 Feb 2007 11:29

Sold out message on the official site now too.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 86,00.html

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 20 Feb 2007 11:29

OS now says all 3000 tickets are sold.

Seems I, and my four mates, were very lucky. Not fair on those who've missed out. I am amazed that 3000 tickets have gone in a day and an hour or so

B18

by B18 » 20 Feb 2007 11:44

It would be interesting to see how many people are in each Royalty Points band, like the EnglandFans publish - because it looks like there are at least 3000 people with 580-601 points and above ...?!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Feb 2007 11:52

Murked good and proper here - on the phone all morning and now sold out.

Oh well, save me a bit of money I guess.

warrpp

by warrpp » 20 Feb 2007 11:54

got mine an hour ago

had to take a day off to go down there, but just made it by the looks of it

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Arsenal Away - 3rd March 07- Ticket Details UPDATED

by Schards#2 » 20 Feb 2007 12:04

starliaison
Symposium
meeky_no9 Not bad and no change in Points bands which is very good news

I would have preferred a change in points band. Make the first day for those with >700 points, second day >650 points, so that we don't have too many people clogging up the queue...

We asked for this at a recent meeting with the club and were told that as Man U was the only away game that people with 100 points or less were not able to go to they did not intend changing the bands. This will be the next real test.

Can I suggest that both the club and STAR have failed the test miserably?

It was blindingly obvious that the bandings for this game were unsuitable though neither the club nor STAR seem to care in the slightest.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 20 Feb 2007 12:10

This must be the final nail in the coffin for STAR. Hopefully the new voice of the supporters will be ran by Schards and yours truly. Real supporters with passion and southbank fire in their bellies.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 12:12

Schards#2
starliaison
Symposium

I would have preferred a change in points band. Make the first day for those with >700 points, second day >650 points, so that we don't have too many people clogging up the queue...

We asked for this at a recent meeting with the club and were told that as Man U was the only away game that people with 100 points or less were not able to go to they did not intend changing the bands. This will be the next real test.

It was blindingly obvious that the bandings for this game were unsuitable though neither the club nor STAR seem to care in the slightest.

People with the most points got their chance yesterday and bought. People in the next band got there's with what was left. I'm struggling to see how they could have changed it. They would have got complaints anyway.

Say they move the bands to 700+ for yesterday, 650 for today, 600 for tomorrow and then say 580 on Thursday we would have been in the same situation but just come Thursday.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Feb 2007 12:14

el_presidente
Mr Brightside On hold now, and they report it sold out :evil: been on hold for 45 mins!

yep, recorded message says they've sold out. They really need to change those Royalty Points bands

If anyone who has 601 points or more missed out on a ticket, then yes, they need to look at the banding. If not then they've done the job surely?

I don't like the idea of an AST subscriber without the required points getting a ticket, but surely 99% of them will also have a HST and so that together with the AST will give them enough points anyway?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 12:18

Rawlie19
el_presidente

If anyone who has 601 points or more missed out on a ticket, then yes, they need to look at the banding. If not then they've done the job surely?

I don't like the idea of an AST subscriber without the required points getting a ticket, but surely 99% of them will also have a HST and so that together with the AST will give them enough points anyway?

Why not? An AST holder is comitting to paying for a ticket for every game regardless of opposition on even if they can make the game. Everybody else is not making the same commitment and going to away games as and when.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Feb 2007 12:19

Stranded
Schards#2
starliaison
Symposium

People with the most points got their chance yesterday and bought. People in the next band got there's with what was left. I'm struggling to see how they could have changed it. They would have got complaints anyway.

Say they move the bands to 700+ for yesterday, 650 for today, 600 for tomorrow and then say 580 on Thursday we would have been in the same situation but just come Thursday.

That would have given a better opportunity for the available tickets to go to those with the most points rather than those with the highest number of points only having one day to use this advantage and those below having no advantage over those 30 points lower.

Incidentally, the on day also fell on the sale of replay tickets when phone lines were jammed so anyone who couldn't personally get to the stadium was buggered.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Feb 2007 12:20

How many ASTHs are HSTHs?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Feb 2007 12:21

SpaceCruiser How many ASTHs are HSTHs?

I would think that most of them if not all. You have to be pretty dedicated to go to all the away games and I would be surprised if they then didn't want to support them at home also.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Feb 2007 12:25

Stranded
Rawlie19
el_presidente

Why not? An AST holder is comitting to paying for a ticket for every game regardless of opposition on even if they can make the game. Everybody else is not making the same commitment and going to away games as and when.

Why not? Because the club bought in a points system to make sure that the loyalist of fans can go to the games. If someone only has half the amount of points needed but still gets to go to a game I don't see this as particularly fair. And it's not like they're committing by paying an upfront fee. But like I said, I can't see any AST holders not having the right amount of points anyway, by virtue of the fact that they will have been collecting points for every game.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 12:26

Schards#2
Stranded
Schards#2
starliaison
Symposium

That would have given a better opportunity for the available tickets to go to those with the most points rather than those with the highest number of points only having one day to use this advantage and those below having no advantage over those 30 points lower.

Incidentally, the on day also fell on the sale of replay tickets when phone lines were jammed so anyone who couldn't personally get to the stadium was buggered.

Replay date was unfortunate timing and the club did the best they could by allowing sales from Saturday evening online for that and many used it before it crashed on Sunday/Monday.

I take you point that it would have given people with the real top end of points an extra day or two but the fact is the majority of the tickets available went to those with the highest points available and the rest to those in the upper reaches of the next tranche.

I'd have loved a ticket but knew that the chances of any being available come Weds were slim - that's life. When there are more people than tickets available people will always miss out and what even system the club put in place there will always be those that miss out and blame them to ease their own frustration.

199 posts