Royalty Points Discussion

138 posts
Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 13:29

The only thing that has stopped fans with sufficient points getting a ticket is themselves. They knew the allocation, they knew the demand they knew what it would take to get a ticket.

Sufficient planning always works. At least you had a chance to go, unlike thousand of others.

coyrls

by coyrls » 20 Feb 2007 13:32

Warfield Royal
fridays child
readingbedding
For Arsenal for example, a mate only had 300+ points so I got them on my Dad's card, because he cannot make it.

This is where the system is flawed, your mate with 300 gets to go, someone with 550 doesn't.

Not knocking you for doing it, I'm sure you weren't the only one.

And the person who didn't go now has 555 points. :roll:

Yes, this is a flaw. In general loyalty points is a pretty good system, but using somebody else's card is a double wammy; the card holder gets credited for a game they don't go to or pay for and somebody without the necessary points gets to go in place of somebody who otherwise would have got a ticket.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 20 Feb 2007 13:34

i note that the club have 'agreed' to charge 'gold' prices for this game which should attract 10 royalty points.

having bought a ticket i have recevied 5 points which appears to suggest they are trating it as a 'platinum' game although charging gold prices.

everyone else recevied 5 rather than 10 points?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Feb 2007 13:34

Spirit of Elm Park The only thing that has stopped fans with sufficient points getting a ticket is themselves. They knew the allocation, they knew the demand they knew what it would take to get a ticket.

Sufficient planning always works. At least you had a chance to go, unlike thousand of others.

Unless of course they were unavoidably busy yesterday.

We have a ticket office staff, we have ten days or so to sell them, why set the bands so that they will sell out in just over 24 hours?

A modicum of common sense would have produced smaller bands and staggered the sales helping both the fans and the sales staff (who were already inundated with replay ticket sales) equally.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 20 Feb 2007 13:34

Both the Arse and Man U tickets secured. 8)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Feb 2007 13:35

Firstly Data Protection doesn't apply as that only covers personal information of living individuals, so unless you asked for the names of everyone in each band you'd be OK

Secondly, if the club provided the information when they released the selling details for Arsenal and set the bands in line what happens when loads of people then bag another 5 points on Sunday by buying a Man utd replay ticket?

Finally, exactly how are people proposing that the correct banding should go? Should the first band possibly take every available ticket and be open for longer? If so how long in order for others to try to get a ticket and then what size is that band? I'm sure the club would appreciate this info in time for the Tottenham and Charlton games which will both be in just as much demand as they are both in London aswell, won't they?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Feb 2007 13:37

T.R.O.L.I.
Huntley & Palmer I would expect that STAR (if they pulled their finger out) could get data from RFC. However, I'm not sure if publishing this information would contravine the Data Protection Act

Surely there would be no controvention (if that's a word) if they said:

800+ points - 10 member cards
775 - 799 points - 3 member cards

etc

Can't be hard to download it from a database (if the club actually have one :roll: ).

Absolutely spot on including, I suspect, doubt about the existence/reliability/integrity of any database!

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 13:40

Schards#2
Spirit of Elm Park The only thing that has stopped fans with sufficient points getting a ticket is themselves. They knew the allocation, they knew the demand they knew what it would take to get a ticket.

But thats just the chance you take isn't it?, the selling dates have been public for 2 weeks, If in those 2 weeks you can't find a way to get yourself an hour down the club shop, or get someone to go for you?

I'm unavoidably busy today, but still managed to get down there.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 20 Feb 2007 13:42

RoyalBlue Absolutely spot on including, I suspect, doubt about the existence/reliability/integrity of any database!

One small cock up and 1000's of seats could be sold twice. I develop databases so I know how east it it is to screw up.

It always amazes me when I'm the only person sitting in my seat at home games :lol:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Feb 2007 13:43

Spirit of Elm Park
Schards#2

But thats just the chance you take isn't it?, the selling dates have been public for 2 weeks, If in those 2 weeks you can't find a way to get yourself an hour down the club shop, or get someone to go for you?

Explain to me why there is only a 24 hour window.

They have the staff, they have the time and on this occassion, they had the knowledge that it was possible that we may have been selling cup replay tickets on the 24 hours in question.

coyrls

by coyrls » 20 Feb 2007 13:44

Silver Fox Firstly Data Protection doesn't apply as that only covers personal information of living individuals, so unless you asked for the names of everyone in each band you'd be OK

Secondly, if the club provided the information when they released the selling details for Arsenal and set the bands in line what happens when loads of people then bag another 5 points on Sunday by buying a Man utd replay ticket?

Finally, exactly how are people proposing that the correct banding should go? Should the first band possibly take every available ticket and be open for longer? If so how long in order for others to try to get a ticket and then what size is that band? I'm sure the club would appreciate this info in time for the Tottenham and Charlton games which will both be in just as much demand as they are both in London aswell, won't they?

I think the club seem to have problems predicting demand. For what it's worth I think the Tottenham game (on telly, not at a new ground) will have less demand that the Arsenal game and the Charlton game (not a "big" club) will have less demand that the Tottenham game. I think though that it should have been obvious that Arsenal would be one of games with the highest demand and so the points bands should have been narrower, given that is was never likely to go down very low before they were sold out.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 20 Feb 2007 13:52

I had enough points to get a ticket today, however I start work at 11 and there isn't enough time for me to get to the ticket office in the morning, get my ticket then get to work. So the only chance I have to get a ticket is at lunch, usually around 1. So when the ticket office sells out of tickets at 11/11:30 its my own fault for not taking time off work to get a ticket?!

Also I was at the ticket office yesterday to buy my Man Utd replay ticket, and also to get a friend their Arsenal tickets. I asked if there was any chance I could get my Arsenal ticket then but was told that I didn't have enough points and to come back tomorrow. At no point was I told that tickets would sell out within an hour which is terrible forcasting.

And to rub salt into the wound, they haven't added my Burnley royalty points, I went to Fulham but was in the neutral section as I went with a Fulham supporting mate, and I went to Watford but got my ticket off the classifides section of this site - 3 games that would have given me 15 extra points and as such enough to get my Arsenal ticket yesterday. So I had as much right as anyone else to get a ticket when it was available but because of the system i've missed out.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Feb 2007 13:57

on a now locked thread Warfield North Stand
I have 559 points and very wrongly thought that would be enough.I am pissed off about it but that is life I suppose. The only 2 things that irritate me are;

1. I know off someone that purchased a half season ticket last year and a full one this year. I have had a full season ticket for 4 years but he has more points than me. A balls up obviously. Question is, How many other cases are there off this?

<snip>

The only way your mate bought loits of tickets on a game by game basis rather than through a season ticket. He may have spent more money with the club that you did.

You can go to many games and be just as loyal as a season ticket holder without having bought a season ticket.

I have over 600 points and have only had a season ticket since last christmas. I bought tickets for the vast majority of home games and cup games on a game by game basis. As there were no problems buying tickets and it was £17 a game if you bought in advance online this was a very cost effective way of doing it. Why is it a balls up if he has amassed more boints than you?
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 20 Feb 2007 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 13:59

Schards#2
Spirit of Elm Park
Schards#2

They have the staff, they have the time and on this occassion, they had the knowledge that it was possible that we may have been selling cup replay tickets on the 24 hours in question.

Explain to me why that is of any relevance? The tickets all sold out in that period, and yet I hear no claims of people not being able to get served within the opening hours? There was not a queue all day yesterday until 8pm, and the phone line system, from what I can understand coped well despite being busy.

STH were also able to purchase their replay tickets online, which if I am to beleive the club, 10,000+ did. hardly a log Jam.

Bad individual planning, who shall we blame? The ticket office/club? hardly fair.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Feb 2007 13:59

coyrls
Silver Fox Firstly Data Protection doesn't apply as that only covers personal information of living individuals, so unless you asked for the names of everyone in each band you'd be OK

I think the club seem to have problems predicting demand. For what it's worth I think the Tottenham game (on telly, not at a new ground) will have less demand that the Arsenal game and the Charlton game (not a "big" club) will have less demand that the Tottenham game. I think though that it should have been obvious that Arsenal would be one of games with the highest demand and so the points bands should have been narrower, given that is was never likely to go down very low before they were sold out.

So in multiples of fives? two's or one's

Where would that end?

For this game, all the tickets have gone to the fans that had enough points and were extremely determined to get them.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 14:03

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

I had enough points to get a ticket today, however I start work at 11 and there isn't enough time for me to get to the ticket office in the morning, get my ticket then get to work. So the only chance I have to get a ticket is at lunch, usually around 1. So when the ticket office sells out of tickets at 11/11:30 its my own fault for not taking time off work to get a ticket?!

Also I was at the ticket office yesterday to buy my Man Utd replay ticket, and also to get a friend their Arsenal tickets. I asked if there was any chance I could get my Arsenal ticket then but was told that I didn't have enough points and to come back tomorrow. At no point was I told that tickets would sell out within an hour which is terrible forcasting.

And to rub salt into the wound, they haven't added my Burnley royalty points, I went to Fulham but was in the neutral section as I went with a Fulham supporting mate, and I went to Watford but got my ticket off the classifides section of this site - 3 games that would have given me 15 extra points and as such enough to get my Arsenal ticket yesterday. So I had as much right as anyone else to get a ticket when it was available but because of the system i've missed out.

As an example, and it just happens to be true, I start work at 8am. I had the foresight to book a visit to the doctor for 10am a week ago. Luckilly the doctors surgery were selling Arsenal tickets :wink: .

Where there is a will there is a way.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 14:05

readingbedding
For this game, all the tickets have gone to the fans that had enough points and were extremely determined to get them.

Nail on the head.

..plus anticipated demand based on last seasons trip to Highbury, new stadium etc.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 20 Feb 2007 14:09

weybridgewanderer
on a now locked thread Warfield Royal
I have 559 points and very wrongly thought that would be enough.I am pissed off about it but that is life I suppose. The only 2 things that irritate me are;

1. I know off someone that purchased a half season ticket last year and a full one this year. I have had a full season ticket for 4 years but he has more points than me. A balls up obviously. Question is, How many other cases are there off this?

<snip>

The only way your mate bought loits of tickets on a game by game basis rather than through a season ticket. He may have spent more money with the club that you did.

You can go to many games and be just as loyal as a season ticket holder without having bought a season ticket.

I have over 600 points and have only had a season ticket since last christmas. I bought tickets for the vast majority of home games and cup games on a game by game basis. As there were no problems buying tickets and it was £17 a game if you bought in advance online this was a very cost effective way of doing it. Why is it a balls up if he has amassed more boints than you?

Hey Weybridge, Please can you edit your post because I did not say any of what is quoted there. :roll: :roll: :roll:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Feb 2007 14:11

sorry - wrong warfield - sorted above

people seem to forget non season ticket holders got 5 Royalty points a game

so in a 23 home game season, going to 20 league games got you 100 points

10 games last season before the half season ticket plus 65 for the half season ticket nets you 115 points

and then 195 points for the season ticket this season

through in all the cup games too and a couple of friendlies and we are well over 500

and that before we look at away games, star points etc

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Feb 2007 14:19

Spirit of Elm Park
Schards#2
Spirit of Elm Park
Schards#2

Explain to me why that is of any relevance? The tickets all sold out in that period, and yet I hear no claims of people not being able to get served within the opening hours? There was not a queue all day yesterday until 8pm, and the phone line system, from what I can understand coped well despite being busy.

STH were also able to purchase their replay tickets online, which if I am to beleive the club, 10,000+ did. hardly a log Jam.

Bad individual planning, who shall we blame? The ticket office/club? hardly fair.

You might want to read Hanehman's Hairdressers post above. There's one, i'm sure there are several others who either don't post on hob nob or haven't seen this thread.

There is absolutely no reason why the tickets couldn't have been sold over a longer period.

As you didn't answer the first time, i'll try again - explain to me why there was only a 24 hour window. We have the sales staff and we have plenty of time between now and the match, why force fans to rearrange their lives like you seem to be endorsing when it's completely unneccesary?

138 posts