Royalty Points Discussion

138 posts
Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 20 Feb 2007 15:48

It's not an argument I particularly care about but I can see why people may be miffed. Rather than having a huge 50 point gap (5 home games or ten away games) they could have seperated it out a bit and gone by 15 or 25 intervals thus spreading the load out more for the TO and allowing those with the upper bracket points to get tickets before those with 570 or less.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 15:50

readingbedding
STAR Campaigns
Huntley & Palmer I hope that STAR will continue to lobby RFC on this subject, perhaps even providing this and other threads as evidence of the customer requesting this information,

Ceratinly will, and the more such evidence of dissatisfaction the louder the collective voice will be.

What complete rubbish.

How come the 3,000 managed to have the foresight to realise that these tickets would be highly sought after?

I'm sorry, but most of this sounds like petulant foot stamping to me.

And it happens every time.......and do people learn. I think some prefer to complain than attend matches :lol:

Respect to those "thousands" that haven't got a ticket, didn't get a chance to get a ticket and accept that it is one of those things, rather than trying to find someone to blame.

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 20 Feb 2007 15:55

Exactly - although, as I say, no-one has been discriminated against or been denied a chance to get a ticket, various people have been given false hopes of getting a ticket today when in fact they had no realistic chance.

When most of the allocation sold yesterday, everyone in the second band thought they had a chance to get one today. If each band was half as big, 50% of those people would have known at the start of the day they had no chance of tickets, and so a lot of people would have been saved unnecessary hassle, as well as the sales centre being less inundated.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2007 16:13

STAR Campaigns Exactly - although, as I say, no-one has been discriminated against or been denied a chance to get a ticket, various people have been given false hopes of getting a ticket today when in fact they had no realistic chance.

When most of the allocation sold yesterday, everyone in the second band thought they had a chance to get one today. If each band was half as big, 50% of those people would have known at the start of the day they had no chance of tickets, and so a lot of people would have been saved unnecessary hassle, as well as the sales centre being less inundated.

People will always be disappointed though no matter what they do. The top level seems to be about right still at the mo as some tickets (around 500) do filter down to the next level for a big game - arguably the biggest away game of the season (new ground, big club opponents, 4th V 6th, in London and at the business end of the season). A shorter drop between band 1 and 2 would have meant less with hope of getting a ticket today. People would still have been complaining.

This game was always going to sell out quicker than any other for the reasons I mention above. It's no difference than when a high profile concert comes on sale - you know there are more people wanting to go than tickets and it's going to be a gamble - you win some, you lose some.

HH - Yes, it's gutting you missed out and I realise that life gets in the way at times. I too went to Fulham in the neutral end and got tickets for another game via a friend so missed out on points that may have given me a chance today. I choose not to do that and missed out - my fault no-one elses - your situation is pretty much the same I'm afraid.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 20 Feb 2007 16:33

STAR Campaigns Exactly - although, as I say, no-one has been discriminated against or been denied a chance to get a ticket, various people have been given false hopes of getting a ticket today when in fact they had no realistic chance.

If the selling window had been slightly longer it would just means people who didn't get a ticket would moan tomorrow rather than today. "I've been a season ticket holcer for x years, can there really be 3000+ people with more points than me" comes out no matter when the tickets sell out

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Feb 2007 16:41

weybridgewanderer

If the selling window had been slightly longer it would just means people who didn't get a ticket would moan tomorrow rather than today. "I've been a season ticket holcer for x years, can there really be 3000+ people with more points than me" comes out no matter when the tickets sell out

That's true, but if there are just 500 tickets (say) available at the end of day 1's sales, surely it's better for everyone to to have 2000 people (say) eligible to buy them on day 2, rather than 4000 people. The fight to get them is less, and those in the lower points band know straightway that they'll be disappointed and so don't waste time and 0870-money trying to get them.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 20 Feb 2007 16:49

Stranded

People will always be disappointed though no matter what they do. The top level seems to be about right still at the mo as some tickets (around 500) do filter down to the next level for a big game - arguably the biggest away game of the season (new ground, big club opponents, 4th V 6th, in London and at the business end of the season). A shorter drop between band 1 and 2 would have meant less with hope of getting a ticket today. People would still have been complaining.

This game was always going to sell out quicker than any other for the reasons I mention above. It's no difference than when a high profile concert comes on sale - you know there are more people wanting to go than tickets and it's going to be a gamble - you win some, you lose some.

HH - Yes, it's gutting you missed out and I realise that life gets in the way at times. I too went to Fulham in the neutral end and got tickets for another game via a friend so missed out on points that may have given me a chance today. I choose not to do that and missed out - my fault no-one elses - your situation is pretty much the same I'm afraid.

Having calmed down a bit I can see that now, however it would still be good to know how many possible ticket buyers there are in each band.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Feb 2007 17:55

STAR Campaigns FWIW, I don't think that this situation means that anyone has been unfairly treated, but I think it would have been easier for all (Sales Centre staff included) to have spread out the sales over a few more days by the use of narrower bands, as well as setting people's expectations better. As it turns out, we have too many people in the second band who had hopes of getting tickets which have turned out to be unrealistic hopes.

Maybe it's time for "I told you so" to the TO. As someone else said it wasn't rocket science to see there would be huge demand for these tickets, just like Liverpool.

However all those moaning that didn't get one had plenty of notice on when they were going on sale, what the banding was and they were eligible to buy them. It may not have been ideal, but at least its fair and everyone knows where they stand. Incidentally I didn't get one on Monday when I could, I blame nobody but myself.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Feb 2007 17:59

Hahnemann's Hairdresser Having calmed down a bit I can see that now, however it would still be good to know how many possible ticket buyers there are in each band.

Why? It won't change your eligibility, although arguably it could lead to more misuse of getting tickets from other people in a higher points band.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Feb 2007 20:03

PieEater
Maybe it's time for "I told you so" to the TO. As someone else said it wasn't rocket science to see there would be huge demand for these tickets, just like Liverpool.

why :?

I am sure the ticket office were fully aware of demand, it appears to be naivety on the part of fans that is creating the problem.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Feb 2007 20:08

Why blame the ticket office? As far as they are concerned its job done!! Away tickets sold in record time and they can spend more time in allocating tickets for Man Utd etc.

18,000 + fans - few thousand tickets - does not take a rocket scientist to work out that a number of us will be dissapointed.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 20 Feb 2007 21:03

The only way to accumalate points is to attend the games ( or purchase tickets) like most of the people with 600+ points have.

One of my mates sulks and moans that he cannot get tickets for Liverpool Man U Arse etc. There again last year he didnt go to Crewe Burnley Preston etc and chose not to go to games this season that we did. (Even if they are only worth 2 points)

My advice to you grumblers is go to Boro this week and start getting your points tally increased.

Its then that you stand a better chance of going to the Emirates Anfield and OT.
You have to visit the less glamourous places to stand a chance.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Feb 2007 21:04

BLUES & ROYAL The only way to accumalate points is to attend the games ( or purchase tickets) like most of the people with 600+ points have.

One of my mates sulks and moans that he cannot get tickets for Liverpool Man U Arse etc. There again last year he didnt go to Crewe Burnley Preston etc and chose not to go to games this season that we did. (Even if they are only worth 2 points)

My advice to you grumblers is go to Boro this week and start getting your points tally increased.

Its then that you stand a better chance of going to the Emirates Anfield and OT.
You have to visit the less glamourous places to stand a chance.

And that is the double truth Ruth!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Feb 2007 21:14

BLUES & ROYAL My advice to you grumblers is go to Boro this week and start getting your points tally increased

Royalty Points scheme working like a charm there.

TomCat

by TomCat » 20 Feb 2007 21:22

I am suprised that no one has commented on the the Man U game. Only 41 points for none season ticket holders! My guess is the site crashes at 20:00 on Thursday

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 20 Feb 2007 21:56

BLUES & ROYAL The only way to accumalate points is to attend the games ( or purchase tickets) like most of the people with 600+ points have.

That would be true if the club didn't give out ridiculous amounts of points for things other than attending games.

The game was always going to sell out pretty quickly and never make it down past quite a high points level. The club knew this and should've set the points levels to allow those most loyal fans a better chance of getting tickets by setting more realistic bandings. Doing so would've reduced the strain on the TO and the fans and I can't see any negative against it, so why did the club fail to act in the best interests of its fans?

By no means do I think the fans should have it on a plate but the whole point of having a loyalty scheme like Royalty Points is to reward your most loyal customers. Yet again the club have failed to do this.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Feb 2007 21:57

TomCat I am suprised that no one has commented on the the Man U game. Only 41 points for none season ticket holders! My guess is the site crashes at 20:00 on Thursday

There are so few tickets available to non ST holders (by my reckoning a couple of hundred maximum) that it's hardly worth setting up bands for those few.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 Feb 2007 22:01

maybe so, but why should someone with 41 points get priority over someone with 200+.

IMO, they should have had 3 bands - Thursday night 200+, Friday lunch 100+ Saturday am general (not that it would have got past Thursday)

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 20 Feb 2007 22:10

T.R.O.L.I. maybe so, but why should someone with 41 points get priority over someone with 200+.

IMO, they should have had 3 bands - Thursday night 200+, Friday lunch 100+ Saturday am general (not that it would have got past Thursday)

0870 = Cash

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 20 Feb 2007 22:26

BenReadingFC
T.R.O.L.I. maybe so, but why should someone with 41 points get priority over someone with 200+.

0870 = Cash

Think you may have hit upon something there.

138 posts