Royalty Points Discussion

138 posts
Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Feb 2007 16:05

Spirit of Elm Park To put the cat amongst the pidgeons...

a) How much of this thread would have been completely avoided if those complaining had got a ticket?

or

b) Would those that did get a ticket, but would have missed out due to a, have started a similar thread?

or

c) This thread would have started whether 3, 300, 3000 or 30000 tickets were available?

I'll take a, agree with b, and totally agree with c.

Imagine how many hours/pounds this thread alone has cost British industry :lol:

What's your suggested strategy if we get to the cup final?

Day One - 101 points or more

Day Two - Open Sale

there are enough tickets to cater for everyone with 101 points or more so if they don't get one, it's their fault.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Feb 2007 16:06

a) How much of this thread would have been completely avoided if those complaining had got a ticket?

or

b) Would those that did get a ticket, but would have missed out due to a, have started a similar thread?

or

c) This thread would have started whether 3, 300, 3000 or 30000 tickets were available?

Personally speaking, I've moaned about the Royalty points scheme many times when I've managed to get a ticket, and made my complaints known to the club too. It's just a bee in my bonnet I'm afraid.

I didn't get a ticket this time round because I didn't try to get one but that doesn't change my feelings on the way the club run the scheme.

Volvic actually puts the most compelling arguement I've read in favour of the way the club have set the thresholds, and I agree to a certain extent as I don't think fans should have it too easy, I used to like queing down the Norfolk Road! However, the club have sold it as one thing, even including it in the charter (I'm going to remember that bit from now on!) and are now running it on a different basis. That gets my goat!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 16:11

Schards#2

or

or

Day Two - Open Sale

there are enough tickets to cater for everyone with 101 points or more so if they don't get one, it's their fault.

For me at least,

Season Ticket holders first (as even if it's at Cardiff we'll get around 20,000) for four days (as with the Man Utd replay) and then people with member cards at say 301 for a day, 201, 101 41. and then open sale with a day between each band.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2007 16:14

Hoop Blah

or

or

Personally speaking, I've moaned about the Royalty points scheme many times when I've managed to get a ticket, and made my complaints known to the club too. It's just a bee in my bonnet I'm afraid.

I didn't get a ticket this time round because I didn't try to get one but that doesn't change my feelings on the way the club run the scheme.

Volvic actually puts the most compelling arguement I've read in favour of the way the club have set the thresholds, and I agree to a certain extent as I don't think fans should have it too easy, I used to like queing down the Norfolk Road! However, the club have sold it as one thing, even including it in the charter (I'm going to remember that bit from now on!) and are now running it on a different basis. That gets my goat!

Yes loyalty is mentioned (and I'll hold my hands up there I didn't think it was) but the whole part mentions that the points are attached to the member card and are given primarily for home games.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 21 Feb 2007 16:14

Stranded
Schards#2

or

or

Day Two - Open Sale

For me at least,

Season Ticket holders first (as even if it's at Cardiff we'll get around 20,000) for four days (as with the Man Utd replay) and then people with member cards at say 301 for a day, 201, 101 41. and then open sale with a day between each band.

I think this would also depend on how the club were made to sell them. If they were able to sell the "best block" first (directly behind the goal/close to the half-way line, depending on where our seats were), I wouldn't mind if they introduced more banding (ie 601+, 501+, &c.), to give those with more points the best opportuinity to get good seats (and I'm under 400 points, so I wouldn't benefit by this). As you say, with 20,000+ tickets, all of our ST holders should be guaranteed a seat anyway.
Last edited by rabidbee on 21 Feb 2007 16:15, edited 2 times in total.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 21 Feb 2007 16:15

Stranded
Schards#2

or

or

Day Two - Open Sale

For me at least,

Can you imagine how many threads there would be on Classifieds if we got to the cup final?!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 21 Feb 2007 16:16

southbank1871 Can you imagine how many threads there would be on Classifieds if we got to the cup final?!

Would this count on the AST?...

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 21 Feb 2007 16:58

Schards#2

or

or

Day Two - Open Sale

In response -

As with the ManUtd Replay, tickets go on sale to STH first for a period, then in decreasing scales through the bands as already set out, and works fairly.

....and, something a lot of people seem to have forgotten (or not been there to experience)......works a damn sight better than the scrum for tickets in past final appearances prior to Member/Loyalty/Royalty cards, when it didn't matter if you had been to a game ever, or were a staunch fan, you just made sure you got to the club to buy one whatever the inconvenience No Automated telephone line, no Interweb thingy!!!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royalty Points Discussion

by The 17 Bus » 21 Feb 2007 19:23

Woodcote Royal [......up goes my points total again whilst die hard fans like 2-0 get zip for their occasional loyalty :P

However 2-0 will be at Arsenal, and to be frank after all my years putting money into RFC I think I DESERVE to go to a decent away game, this will be my only away game this season, I will get no points for it, I chose this match as it is in London and i can get there easily.

I posted a long time ago that tickets for away games should have been rationed, and if fans got a ticket for Man U then they should have taken second chance at Liverpool say.

This would have enabled more fans to travel, all fans had the chance of a AST, some took it some did not, it was obvious that there was going to be a massive demand for certain games and people would miss out, any fan of long standing would realise this, stop the whinging, the club got this right, some fans got it wrong, try thinking about others sometimes people.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Royalty Points Discussion

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2007 20:28

The 17 Bus
Woodcote Royal [......up goes my points total again whilst die hard fans like 2-0 get zip for their occasional loyalty :P

However 2-0 will be at Arsenal, and to be frank after all my years putting money into RFC I think I DESERVE to go to a decent away game, this will be my only away game this season, I will get no points for it, I chose this match as it is in London and i can get there easily.

I posted a long time ago that tickets for away games should have been rationed, and if fans got a ticket for Man U then they should have taken second chance at Liverpool say.

This would have enabled more fans to travel, all fans had the chance of a AST, some took it some did not, it was obvious that there was going to be a massive demand for certain games and people would miss out, any fan of long standing would realise this, stop the whinging, the club got this right, some fans got it wrong, try thinking about others sometimes people.
Just to re-iterate - Schards and I got our tickets - we ARE thinking of other people. Do hope this helps. And I do think that those who have actually paid for a ST should get first dibs.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Feb 2007 20:31

those with the most points got first dibs, myself i think ALL fans should get a chance, therefore rationing might well have worked if it was well thought out.

And I do not profess to say that I have the exact answer

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2007 20:33

If ST holders have put their money up front, why shouldn't they get first dibs??

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Feb 2007 20:35

well I have to concur then, they should have given the 18000 ST holders first dibs, and sales would have been on Monday!!!

Fecking chaos methinks.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Feb 2007 23:42

I have to say I'm delighted more points are awarded these days for away games and that this has clearly given an advantage to those fans who regularly tour the country at great cost in order to support the team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also delighted long time fans like 2-0 will be at the Emirates but those who are making the trip to Middlesbrough this weekend deserve some advantage over those who are only interested in going to Old Trafford and Anfield etc.

working class hero

by working class hero » 21 Feb 2007 23:59

I think that points should only be accrued from competitive games. IT peeved me that the Feyenoord game gave 20 points [I use the summer for a holiday], and cannot see why STAR membership gives points. I don't want the forums [fora] or coach travel usually. And STAR seem too docile for my liking. So I don't give them my dosh just to get a few points. If you use the coaches it is obviously a great organisation.

I reckon we could possibly try a rationing system so that every STH is guaranteed a set number of away tickets each season - with perhaps 1 platinum type. Clearly most would not take this up and it would then allow the points system to kick in.

Otherwise it is just a little too cliquey for my liking....

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Feb 2007 00:00

OOPS - I also meant to suggest giving points at a generous rate for reserve games.... used to happen at Old Trafford in the 70s - I remember one reserve game with a crowd of 22000 who were all there for the coupon in the programme!

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 22 Feb 2007 09:55

I do wish people would stop complaining. Some of you could start an argument in an empty room.

I would have loved to have gone to the Emirates but I have (420) nowhere near enough points simply because these days I'm unable to afford/commit the time to awaydays. I always knew that that would be the case.

So on that basis I have to say that there are far more deserving cases for tickets for this match than me. Unfortunately, those that do qualify are squabbling like spoilt children and it's always the same protagonists who find fault with the club/ticket office.

If only I could get points added retrospectively for the seasons I went everywhere following the club back in the 80's and 90's and before I had a family to think about!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Feb 2007 10:06

Bowman's Quiver I do wish people would stop complaining. Some of you could start an argument in an empty room.

I would have loved to have gone to the Emirates but I have (420) nowhere near enough points simply because these days I'm unable to afford/commit the time to awaydays. I always knew that that would be the case.

So on that basis I have to say that there are far more deserving cases for tickets for this match than me. Unfortunately, those that do qualify are squabbling like spoilt children and it's always the same protagonists who find fault with the club/ticket office.

If only I could get points added retrospectively for the seasons I went everywhere following the club back in the 80's and 90's and before I had a family to think about!

Ditto - it makes me laugh seeing all this whinging about points although I agree with arguament against the as good as general sale of any remaining Man Utd replay tickets.

I gave up my ST a few years ago due to financial reasons having spent the previous season travelling to places like Bury, Colchester (on a Friday night) and Cambridge. I currently have almost 400 points but now that we're in the Prem I know that I'm very unlikely to get an away ticket for the "big" clubs. Didn't stop me going to the JJB or Bramall Lane this year though.

138 posts