Did Sir Steve Get It Wrong Tonight?

noise

by noise » 27 Feb 2007 22:46

I missed when they showed hte formations what was it? It appeared to be a 442 with Boris dm?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 27 Feb 2007 22:46

crossie Seol and Sidwell kinda improved.

No, Seol didn't improve he was shocking throughout. Sidwell thought got much better and was arguably one of our best players after the crazy 5 mins, except Boris of course.

WSRL

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 27 Feb 2007 22:48

londinium
knobby_1871
Stretton Royal I thought Seol was dreadful. Every time he got the ball his pass went astray. Other than one shot, he did nothing all night. In fact I can't remember ever seeing him playing well.

Spot on he was woeful tonight, I would never slag off a Reading player but for me he is not a Reading player. Thought Shorey was magic as was Gunnarson but Sidwell was very poor tonight IMHO

Only thing Sir Steve got wrong was not making the changes earlier

Have to agree with the entire post and like to add that I don't think Coppell got it majorly wrong, just a few individual mistakes:

Sidders and Federici on the first, Bikey, Federici and De La Cruz on the second and Gunner on the third.

Agree, think it was Ingi not Gunner for the 3rd though.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Did Sir Steve Get It Wrong Tonight?

by Tamworth_Royal » 27 Feb 2007 22:48

The 17 Bus
Tamworth_Royal
The 17 Bus Lita deserved to start, Doyle did not look ready, Seol had a good shot, but Little looked better when he came on, they were there to be taken, and TBH it is rare I would say that against such a team.

Excellent from Oster again, and Gunnarsson, less so from Bikey and de La Cruz

Yes yes said elsewhere, but nobody complained when he changed the tactics at Old Trafford to force the replay did they.

we were fortunate to stay in it in the first game IMHO.

History showed we did :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Did Sir Steve Get It Wrong Tonight?

by The 17 Bus » 27 Feb 2007 22:50

Norfolk Royal
The 17 Bus
Tamworth_Royal
The 17 Bus Lita deserved to start, Doyle did not look ready, Seol had a good shot, but Little looked better when he came on, they were there to be taken, and TBH it is rare I would say that against such a team.

Excellent from Oster again, and Gunnarsson, less so from Bikey and de La Cruz

Yes yes said elsewhere, but nobody complained when he changed the tactics at Old Trafford to force the replay did they.

we were fortunate to stay in it in the first game IMHO.

The crowd aren't with you on that one.

I prefer to take what my eyes saw, Man U missed a load of chances, could have been three before we scored, and thats on missed chances not Feds good stops.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 27 Feb 2007 22:51

Horsham Royal
londinium
knobby_1871
Stretton Royal I thought Seol was dreadful. Every time he got the ball his pass went astray. Other than one shot, he did nothing all night. In fact I can't remember ever seeing him playing well.

Spot on he was woeful tonight, I would never slag off a Reading player but for me he is not a Reading player. Thought Shorey was magic as was Gunnarson but Sidwell was very poor tonight IMHO

Have to agree with the entire post and like to add that I don't think Coppell got it majorly wrong, just a few individual mistakes:

Sidders and Federici on the first, Bikey, Federici and De La Cruz on the second and Gunner on the third.

I agree, Ingi was woefully out of position, defence lacked the authority and presence of Murty particularly in the first half.

WSRL

fireman_jules

by fireman_jules » 27 Feb 2007 22:52

A night of heroes and villains tonight . Fed should have stopped first two goals without a doubt, a shame as he was the main reason we even made it to the replay. Bikey went missing first half and cost us, also thought Sidwell was totally anonymous most of the game .

Thought Oster was awesome tonight ! constantly pressing and showing great intelect on the pitch. Little was fantastic but why was he on so late ?! Same with Lita. All in all i think we done ourselves proud tonight though, Europe willhave to consolidate us.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Feb 2007 22:53

Horsham Royal
Row Z Royal No, he got it right. If our full first team was out and they got a battering like those first 5 mins then it would have ruined our season.

Anyway, we can concentrate on the league now. :wink:

The question was formation not team.

I think the "it" in the thread header is fairly all encompassing.

Anyway, I didn't think we had a formation in the first 10mins.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 27 Feb 2007 22:54

Row Z Royal Anyway, I didn't think we had a formation in the first 10mins.
:D

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 27 Feb 2007 22:56

Horsham Royal
londinium
knobby_1871

And I've not yet seen any conclusive evidence that Soulkshire was onside ...

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 27 Feb 2007 22:57

Can we get rid of Seol. At least we can still get some money for him.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 27 Feb 2007 22:58

Horsham Royal And I've not yet seen any conclusive evidence that Soulkshire was onside ...

I'd like to see it in slow-mo, in order to pinpoint whether he was or not. It may not even be as tight as they said on TV.

WSRL

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 27 Feb 2007 22:58

The 17 Bus Bikey was good later, but going forward rather than defending, and another yellow, time to move him on, maybe he has learned from his time here.

Bikey is 22, a good prospect, no way should we move him on, bet you said the same about Sonko when he first came here, he makes some wonderful tackles, yes he as a few rough edges but they can be ironed out

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 27 Feb 2007 23:00

savage 4 england Can we get rid of Seol. At least we can still get some money for him.

gotta agree, if a night like tonight cannot get him going, cameras, atmosphere the lot, then time to bow out and get someone in who will be proud to wear the hoops

International Royal

by International Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:01

Great performance fantastic spirit. Did the town proud, what a fightback.

Did SC get it wrong - no the players started badly and everything went their way. He wanted a slow start, then change the formation backed by a strong bench.

If there was a mistake it was in the first match. I really think that's where we could have won it. That's where Little should have come on with 10 - 15 to go. The subs tonight were well timed and we a crossbar away.

I also think Seol has played his last game for Reading.

catzbod

by catzbod » 27 Feb 2007 23:04

seol and hopfully oster.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:04

savage 4 england Can we get rid of Seol. At least we can still get some money for him.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58095

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 27 Feb 2007 23:04

Oster, Sidwell, Kitson, Shorey, Bikey, Gunarson and Little all had brilliant game tonight...

Oster MOTM for me, 110% effort and just looked nifty

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Feb 2007 23:04

catzbod seol and hopfully oster.

You are speaking sh*t - Oster was brilliant!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:05

Oyster was MOTM2 behind Boris. Oyster was absolutely on FIRE tonight.