Is it time to give Oster a run?

North stander

by North stander » 06 Mar 2007 22:00

I agree Oster to get his chance. Hunty is not his usual self at the minute. Oster looked class when he came on against Arsenal.

Motown

by Motown » 20 Mar 2007 10:11

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Mar 2007 10:38

Windymiller Oster might be looking for a move.

He was speaking on 2-TEN this morning saying he feels frustrated at not being involved in too many games. He did say he hasn't actually asked his agent to start looking at other clubs but he feels he really needs to be out there playing more first team football.

Can't really blame the bloke, he's 28 so at the peak of his career and done well every time he's come in this year only to be rewarded with a return to the bench as Coppell must feel other's offer more. I see he said today that he signed for another year but the club agreed a clause similar to the one Chris Makin had.

Fred Sharpe's Nose

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 20 Mar 2007 10:49

He was speaking on 2-TEN this morning saying he feels frustrated at not being involved in too many games. He did say he hasn't actually asked his agent to start looking at other clubs but he feels he really needs to be out there playing more first team football.

This is a worrying trend. Sam Sodje also expressed dissatisfaction, in the piece about him playing for WBA. Is the spirit in the Reading camp starting to disintegrate? Having seen Oster's contribution in the cup games, it would seem a criminal waste to let him go. On Saturday, he should have come on much earlier for Glen Little, who could hardly do anything right.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 20 Mar 2007 11:02

Fred Sharpe's Nose

This is a worrying trend. Sam Sodje also expressed dissatisfaction, in the piece about him playing for WBA. Is the spirit in the Reading camp starting to disintegrate? Having seen Oster's contribution in the cup games, it would seem a criminal waste to let him go. On Saturday, he should have come on much earlier for Glen Little, who could hardly do anything right.

Comes with the territory of having a bigger squad I'm afraid. More players expecting first team action than there are places in the team.

If I do have a criticism of Coppell it's that he doesn't bring on subs early enough, or give fringe players more of a run. Completely agree that Little should have been subbed earlier, and also that maybe Hunt should have been dropped for the last couple of games. Can imagine that Halford is also getting a little impatient.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Mar 2007 12:25

You can only play 11 players at a time.

You cannot please everyone.

I wouldn't miss Oster or Sodje.

Halford's time will come - he's trying to break into a top 10 Prem team after all.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2007 13:51

readingbedding Halford's time will come - he's trying to break into a top 10 Prem team after all.

:D Boy does that sound good

fool

by fool » 20 Mar 2007 14:51

Yes

What does he have to do to get a first team place?

This is the level and team for Oster to shine.