is doyle all that

Beigemobile

by Beigemobile » 08 Mar 2007 08:40

I once (and once only) asked the guys I sit next to whether Doyle wasn't a bit invisible in a match, and observed his touch had let him down a few times. Anyone would think I'd just revelaed that I was, in fact, Oliver Holt...

The reaction on here smacks of hysteria. Doyle has done very well, no one really doubts that, but when prices of £10 million start being bandied about, and the praise for him puts him nextin line to Mother Theresa for the Sainthood, maybe taking a realistic and less feverished view of his abilities, contribution and (maybe) development isn't such a bad idea.

And if this isn't the forum for people to discuss the perfromance and contribution of Reading Football Club players, what's it for?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Mar 2007 08:48

strap Shouldn't you be revising for your GCSE's?

I think you'll find it's his Tufty Club re-test on Saturday.

boycey

by boycey » 08 Mar 2007 09:03

Is he "all that" .
you been watching too much American TV sister .

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 08 Mar 2007 09:13

Hasn't scored for a while though.

Ooo Trevor Morley

by Ooo Trevor Morley » 08 Mar 2007 09:16

boycey Is he "all that" .
you been watching too much American TV sister .

You've been watching - The present PERFECT progressive is almost always used in British English.

You been watching - The present progressive is more frequently used in American English.

They say irony is used more by the Brits, so, er.... Well Done. :wink:

a royal called morty

Re: is doyle all that

by a royal called morty » 08 Mar 2007 11:29

loyal1 is doyle as good as he is made out to be. imo he dosent do much in any of the games i have seen him play.ok he scored some goals this year but he was just about the only one hitting the net at the time. am i the only one tothink this?

Yes you are the only one to think it, because this post is full of sh*te.
Doyle is quality

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Mar 2007 11:48

My personal opinion was before the season started that Doyle would be least likely of our main 3 strikers to make it in the Premiership.

In my book, I still prefer Kitson and Lita to Doyle and we will only really know in 18 months time or so whether any are Prem standard as all have had injury and it takes time to get back upto full speed in the Premiership.

Doyle has actually surpassed my expectations and if he carries on in the same sort of form he showed the majority of the season then he will have proven he is upto this level. The same can be said about most of our squad too.

Still prefer Kit's and Leroy though.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 08 Mar 2007 11:54

Rhys The Royal
Don Finch I agree with the original poster, Doyle doesn't cut it for me either...... wait a minute.......sorry, thought he was talking about Oster

Who would you rather have in your team at the moment...Oster or Seol?

Oster is the answer btw.

Little and Hunt

Little and Convey

Little on his own

Little and Cox

Little and Henry

Anyone bar Seol or Oster.

doylefan

by doylefan » 08 Mar 2007 12:04

Doyle has without a doubt been one of our best buys and has been fantastic since he arrived at the club. who would have thought 18 months ago that he would be up there with the leading goal scorers this season??ok so he looks abit iffy at the moment, but hes coming back from injury, so weve just got to be patient.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2007 12:07

HighburyRoyale
Rhys The Royal
Don Finch I agree with the original poster, Doyle doesn't cut it for me either...... wait a minute.......sorry, thought he was talking about Oster

Who would you rather have in your team at the moment...Oster or Seol?

Oster is the answer btw.

Little and Hunt

Little and Convey

Little on his own

Little and Cox

Little and Henry

Anyone bar Seol or Oster.

seol was 0k in his last match
and great for the reserves last night
if this continues hell be back in and making you look silly
oster has been playing out of his skin when hes come in recently and both players are more than pushing for huntys starting berth, and littles last half an hour

3/9/1994

by 3/9/1994 » 08 Mar 2007 12:26

loyal1 is doyle as good as he is made out to be. imo he dosent do much in any of the games i have seen him play.ok he scored some goals this year but he was just about the only one hitting the net at the time. am i the only one tothink this?

Are we talking about our Kevin Doyle or the lump at Whatfor Lloyd Doyley?

Ooo Trevor Morley

by Ooo Trevor Morley » 08 Mar 2007 12:36

Lita and Kitson up front is my preference.

Oster over Hunt.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Mar 2007 12:37

3/9/1994

Are we talking about our Kevin Doyle or the lump at Whatfor Lloyd Doyley?

Seeing that name always makes me laugh, reminds me of the great picture of the Watford wall last year with the handbags, the rip off of infamous Argie, handbag wall.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Watford pic?

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 08 Mar 2007 12:45

The sort of attributes you would generally look for in a striker are pace, strength, workrate, creativity, low injury proneness, good in the air, use of both feet, control/first touch and in SC's case, character.

Any of those boxes KD doesn't tick?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Mar 2007 12:56

Tilehurst End The sort of attributes you would generally look for in a striker are pace, strength, workrate, creativity, low injury proneness, good in the air, use of both feet, control/first touch and in SC's case, character.

He ticks most boxes, the only one I would n't be 100% sure of is strength.
Have seen him knocked off the ball a bit easily many a time, but the rest would more than counter balance that tiny misgiving especially with pace, he is gone in a flash and defenders are chasing his shadow rather than knocking him off the ball.

How do you think Leeroy and Kits measure up in the box ticking stakes (and no laughing when you are thinking about ticking the boxes for Kit's pace or injury proneness!!).

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Mar 2007 12:57

Tilehurst End The sort of attributes you would generally look for in a striker are pace, strength, workrate, creativity, low injury proneness, good in the air, use of both feet, control/first touch and in SC's case, character.

There is one major box that I think you missed out Tilehurt. The 'shooting ability/eye for goal' box. You can have all the rest but without that ability you are fairly worthless.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 08 Mar 2007 13:16

londinium

There is one major box that I think you missed out Tilehurt. The 'shooting ability/eye for goal' box. You can have all the rest but without that ability you are fairly worthless.

Don't have the figures but I suspect his goals per chances ratio is comparable with most. Agree he does seem to get muscled out sometimes but tends to get up and go back for more.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 08 Mar 2007 13:19

LimpBiscuit Don't worry about the predictable responses, loyal1. You've made an observation, a different opinion. I think you're wrong, but I defend your right to express that opinion anyway.

But on another thread ...

LimpBisquit Those of you tempted to give an answer that begins with V should hang your heads in shame and NEVER EVER watch another football match....ever.

:?

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 08 Mar 2007 14:01

Very good!

Ops, i'll hang my head in shame :cry:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2007 14:34

Starfish
LimpBiscuit Don't worry about the predictable responses, loyal1. You've made an observation, a different opinion. I think you're wrong, but I defend your right to express that opinion anyway.

But on another thread ...

LimpBisquit Those of you tempted to give an answer that begins with V should hang your heads in shame and NEVER EVER watch another football match....ever.

:?

no shame required

its quite clear:
you respect everyones right to express their opinion in a post on this board
unless that post begins with a V.

whats your problem