Season Ticket - Next Year?

323 posts
working class hero

by working class hero » 07 Mar 2007 22:43

Wycombe Royal
Dirk Gently Typically, all those wild estimates are way, way off the mark.

I'm glad that someone has pointed that out, although it is no surprise to see WCH at the top of the "scaremongering" list.

I believe that Mr M had believed £800 would be reasonable for this season - but was talked out of this folly. Hence I could believe that £700 might be true.

Frankly I think a cut would be more in order and that junior prices in particular should be reassessed.

Time will tell.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 08 Mar 2007 08:35

working class hero
I believe that Mr M had believed £800 would be reasonable for this season - but was talked out of this folly.

Don't tell that to RoyalBlue as surely that would mean the club management have a better appreciation of the effect of a price rise than the chairman and as we all know they can't get anything right. And it certainly can't be that they listened to STAR as they never do :shock:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2007 09:04

westendgirl
working class hero
I believe that Mr M had believed £800 would be reasonable for this season - but was talked out of this folly.

Don't tell that to RoyalBlue as surely that would mean the club management have a better appreciation of the effect of a price rise than the chairman and as we all know they can't get anything right. And it certainly can't be that they listened to STAR as they never do :shock:

:lol: :lol:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Mar 2007 21:51

That Friday Feeling
Nezhen Simple solution would be a freeze for STH's who have held one for over two seasons, a small increase for those who bought HST's last year and a larger than average increase for new ST applicants to help finance the stadium expansion.

That would be a complicated solution.

Simple solution = flat rate for all, bar concessions.

Discount for early renewal and/or price freeze.

Nezhen Is anyone actually looking forward to the release of news on next seasons ticket pricing arrangements. It seems like there is a real build up of anticipation and mounting tension around this issue?

A simple solution would be a freeze for STH's who have held a ST for the last 2 seasons, a small increase for the HST holders who joined last season and STH's who joined at the beginning of this seasons and a larger increase for any new STH's joining now.

That would still be a complicated solution...

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Mar 2007 10:51

Charlton are to reward their supporters for showing such staunch support during a troubled campaign with a groundbreaking season-ticket offer that could mean fans watching Premiership football free of charge at The Valley in 2008/09.

The Addicks - who have managed to sell more than 96 per cent of their 27,111-stadium capacity despite a difficult season on the pitch - are cutting next season's prices by up to £75.

There will be a new flat rate for all U18s of just £125, which equates to less than £7 per game in the Premiership. The price for U11s will remain at just £99.

The prices will apply whichever division the club plays in next season. But the pioneering free season ticket offer, which is likely to send shockwaves through the game, comes into play if the club is relegated.

The Charlton board has decided that fans who buy their 2007/08 season tickets on or before April 30th will, if the club is relegated at the end of this season, get a Premiership season ticket for the same seat for the 2008/09 campaign absolutely free if the club then gains promotion at the first attempt.

Charlton plc chairman Richard Murray said: "We believe we already offer the most progressive pricing strategy in the Premiership, and this year we are able to offer reductions of up to 13.6 per cent on adult prices and up to 37.5 per cent on U18 prices on some of last year's prices.

"It is a reward to our fans for their magnificent support in what has been an exceptionally difficult campaign, and by renewing early they will help us to plan for next season.'

If the club retains its Premiership status, as it is confident it will, the offer means adult season-ticket holders would enjoy Premiership football from as little as £265 (£13.95 per match) up to a maximum price of £475 (or £25 per match) - down from a maximum of £550 last season.

Added Murray: "If we are relegated that support will be more vital than ever and we will do everything we can to regain Premiership status, and that is the reason for us taking the unprecedented step of offering a free season ticket for 2008/09 if we are promoted at the first attempt, as we were in 1999/2000."

Depending on the club's league position, the board will review the prices at the end of April and these are likely to be higher for later applicants - although fans should note the rates will not be discounted further.

Said Murray: "Both Alan Pardew and myself are very confident we have a great chance to stay in the Premiership this season, and if we do so then fans who back the club and commit to a season ticket before the end of April will receive a more favourable price for the most entertaining league in the world next season.

"We believe that some of the increase in television revenue for Premiership clubs next season should be passed on to fans, which is the primary reason for the reductions. But we have to take everything into account when we plan for the future and this offer represents exceptional value for money whatever division we are in next season.'

He added: "Now is the time to back Alan Pardew and the club in our efforts to stay in the Premiership. Fans can do so in the knowledge that we are firmly committed to establishing Charlton in the top flight over the long term.'

Charlton manager Alan Pardew said: "We are all currently focused and committed to keeping the club in the Premiership. No one on the playing side is even thinking about relegation, but I understand the position we are in means the club has to take account of this as it plans for the future.

"I think the reduced prices, and potentially a free season ticket, is a fantastic gesture towards the fans in recognition of their magnificent support - and the fans can further back me and the players by making the most of this offer."

Charlton's disability prices have been set at £215 adults, £125 U21s and over 60s, and £99 U18s, with carers going free of charge, while details of the club's hospitality structure for 2007/08 will be announced in the near future.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Mar 2007 11:19

Charlton in 'desperate to sell Championship football' shocker.

If they go down (likely) they'll struggle to come straight back up after selling off their best players.

If they stay up (unlikely) no-one gets a free seat.

Clever marketing of a not very impressive discount from this season's prices.

Having said that, they ARE offering a discount even if they stay up. Hopefully we'll follow this popular trend.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 17 Mar 2007 11:59

The club will try and get away with charging as much as possible for ST prices, they will have no intention of reducing prices, and must be cursing the campaign for reducing costs in football.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Mar 2007 12:28

Skin The club will try and get away with charging as much as possible for ST prices, they will have no intention of reducing prices, and must be cursing the campaign for reducing costs in football.

Any source for that - or is it just your opinion?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2007 18:26

There are a lot of similarities between Reading and Charlton, they usually sell out their ground and the majority are STHs. The big difference is the prices that we pay compared to them, OK they may be going down but they will still sell out most weeks because even at Championship prices they are cheap.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 19 Mar 2007 12:50

Tottenham Hotspur have ignored the recent price campaign completely and raised season ticket prices for next season. So another club for Reading to point to should they decide to up them...

The Club has sought to increase the benefits of Season Tickets and to restrict price increases as much as possible, despite increased administrative, operational and inflation-linked costs. As the price chart shows, Season Ticket prices for the 2007/2008 Season will increase by an average of just £27.

Unbelievable cheek there! Good too how they mention their increased running costs but funnily enough not their extravagant new revenue.

Their obscene price list for anyone interested:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 19 Mar 2007 13:19

Dirk Gently
Skin The club will try and get away with charging as much as possible for ST prices, they will have no intention of reducing prices, and must be cursing the campaign for reducing costs in football.

Any source for that - or is it just your opinion?

Just my hunch, I really hope I'm wrong and look forward to being pleasantly suprised when the club announce a 20% drop in prices...

We can dream!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Mar 2007 13:32

AJ~ Tottenham Hotspur have ignored the recent price campaign completely and raised season ticket prices for next season. So another club for Reading to point to should they decide to up them...

The Club has sought to increase the benefits of Season Tickets and to restrict price increases as much as possible, despite increased administrative, operational and inflation-linked costs. As the price chart shows, Season Ticket prices for the 2007/2008 Season will increase by an average of just £27.

Unbelievable cheek there! Good too how they mention their increased running costs but funnily enough not their extravagant new revenue.

Yep, well cheeky. They talk about the need to cover their inflation-linked costs but conveniently forget that their TV revenue is hardly inflation linked!

Mr Mad talks about how he and David Gold are great friends and kindred spirits in the football world, so I hope he listens to what Gold is saying about ticket prices.

My God! talk about ego - I've just found out that David Gold has his own website! How long till we get johnmadejski.co.uk?!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Mar 2007 13:47

Odd that, I'd guess most commercial organisations operate a policy where they try and get away with charging as much as possible for their product !

It's what Blackburn and the likes are still doing, but given that not many people want their product the amount they can get away with is less than it was....

I would hope Reading hold adult prices and reduce them for concession renewals, but I also hope that they work to a budget that gives Coppell what he needs to develop the club. Given that Coppell is not a big spender I can't see him asking for stupid sums so there seems little reason to expect a hike to costs.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 Mar 2007 11:49

Anyone any idea when RFC are going to publish next season's prices?

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 27 Mar 2007 12:15

probably when they know if we have qualified for europe or not

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 27 Mar 2007 12:25

M U R T Y probably when they know if we have qualified for europe or not

Agrred, although I don't think that should be the deciding factor as it's not like RFC include the first two cups games in their ST prices (like Spurs do, or certainly used to do).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Mar 2007 12:39

As I've said before, I hope the club are taking the long-term view.

If they put prices up, then they will lose people - that's virtually guaranteed because the price is already at its maximum for some people.

In just over a year, they will have a large number of new seats to fill, so driving people away now through a price increase would be so short-sighted. Much better to keep the stadium full and to keep demand high, so that in a year they'll be able to fill the new seats.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 27 Mar 2007 12:45

As long as they offer the 5 month payment period then I will be happy, the cost is fairly irrelevant unless it goes up by something stupid like more than £100

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Mar 2007 12:51

I'm sur there will be am installments plan of some sort -just not sure it will be run by the club themselves.

I suspect they may be considering outsourcing it to a finance company to run, which personally I'm not happy about.

There may be some people with poor credit records who are perfectly capable of paying for their season ticket by installments but who may get turned down by an external company.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 27 Mar 2007 12:55

It was interest free as well bar the £25 admin charge. I'm sure an external company would charge far more.

323 posts