James Henry signs one month loan deal at Forest

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Mar 2007 13:23

Henry can play centre mid fine, actually his attributes are possibly more suited to it, his pace isn't his strongest asse,t it's more his passing and ability to make good runs from midfield. He played a very attacking almost free role on the right this season, similar to how Gerrard does. I've watched the academy for 5 seasons now and he's by far the best talent I've seen, although I remember posting something similar about Peter Castle!!

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 22 Mar 2007 14:36

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Henry can play centre mid fine, actually his attributes are possibly more suited to it, his pace isn't his strongest asse,t it's more his passing and ability to make good runs from midfield. He played a very attacking almost free role on the right this season, similar to how Gerrard does. I've watched the academy for 5 seasons now and he's by far the best talent I've seen, although I remember posting something similar about Peter Castle!!

Was this the same lad who turned down Chelsea a few years ago...?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 22 Mar 2007 14:39

Rob-Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Henry can play centre mid fine, actually his attributes are possibly more suited to it, his pace isn't his strongest asse,t it's more his passing and ability to make good runs from midfield. He played a very attacking almost free role on the right this season, similar to how Gerrard does. I've watched the academy for 5 seasons now and he's by far the best talent I've seen, although I remember posting something similar about Peter Castle!!

Never seen anything publically that said Henry turned down Chelsea, unless your thinking of Thomas Lyskov who joined them at the age of 14 but re-signed for us because he couldn't settle. He was called up to 1 of the Denmark Youth Squad's this week.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Mar 2007 14:40

Rob-Royal

Yes, he did and fair play to him.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 22 Mar 2007 14:53

not really suprised that he has gone out on loan as he has been unhappy of late due to the fact he isent getting many reserve games and he is just keeping the bench warm and just playing for the acadamy.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 14:57

When Henry signed as a pro with us I believe Chelsea also offered him terms but he spoke quite openly about being a local lad and only wanting to play for his local team.

I think it was much more positive than 'turning down' Chelsea, he deliberately chose Reading.

With him and Pearce both being local lads as well as very promising players things can't be looking much brighter on the youth front.

Not sure how many of the other youong pros / Academy lads are local.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 22 Mar 2007 15:03

he signed for reading beacuse he is more likely to get a game in the reading first team than the chelsea first team

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 15:11

parky not really suprised that he has gone out on loan as he has been unhappy of late due to the fact he isent getting many reserve games and he is just keeping the bench warm and just playing for the acadamy.

Of late he's started 2 of the last 4 reserve games and was injured for the 2 he missed. He's only been on the bench twice in the last 5 months from what I can see.

I think the loan move is good for him, but he's hardly been missing out on reserve appearances.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 22 Mar 2007 15:51

Great move for James. I'm sure he'll go there and excel.

He did turn down a move to Chelsea, when he signed a pro contract here.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 22 Mar 2007 16:17

Brilliant news for the lad and just what he'll need. Forest are in a good position and he should slot nicely into a team that makes plenty of chances and it could do his confidence the world of good.
I hope he comes back a better player and this helps push him towards our first team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Mar 2007 16:26

lets hope he doesn't go there just to warm their bench or play in their reserve team. First team games should do him the world of good.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Mar 2007 16:41

Ian Royal lets hope he doesn't go there just to warm their bench or play in their reserve team. First team games should do him the world of good.

You'd have to assume that Calderwood would have had to at least show a pretty strong interest in playing him in the 1st team for us to let him go there.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 22 Mar 2007 18:21

Generated a bit of interest on here

http://www.talkforest.com/viewtopic.php?t=7884

On the Pool Table

by On the Pool Table » 22 Mar 2007 20:26

Let's hope this is the making of the lad. I have seen all the reserves home games this season, and the only thing that sticks out when you watch him is his attitude, which stinks.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 20:51

I must have been watching different games then, I've also seen the FAYC games in which he was superb abd can;t recall any incidents in the reserves which justify your comment.

I do recall the PA announcer at the Arsenal game commenting that 'the 6th goal, and his hat trick James Henry' - which is a bit of a stand out for a young player in the making....

On the Pool Table

by On the Pool Table » 22 Mar 2007 21:27

Scoring a hat trick for the reserves against Arsenal doesn't make you Pele (One of which was a last minute penalty). I see he has been prolific in his other reserve games this season as well?

Just my opinon. I think the hype that has followed his progress is shown with the way he walks round like he is billy big bollocks. Sure, he has great potential and he has been talked up by people within the club and by the media. But so have Peter Castle, Darren Campbell and Alex Haddow.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 22 Mar 2007 23:16

Think any of our loanee's (not sure if that is a word) will make it to the first team or are they being put in the shop window

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mr Brightside » 23 Mar 2007 10:12

On the Pool Table Scoring a hat trick for the reserves against Arsenal doesn't make you Pele (One of which was a last minute penalty). I see he has been prolific in his other reserve games this season as well?

Just my opinon. I think the hype that has followed his progress is shown with the way he walks round like he is billy big bollocks. Sure, he has great potential and he has been talked up by people within the club and by the media. But so have Peter Castle, Darren Campbell and Alex Haddow.

I dunno one of our youngsters looks like they're making progress, and you knock him down! :roll:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 10:19

I think OTPT is entitled to his opinion...

I just don't see the basis for it.

Henry got a hat trick (which is a hat trick irrespective of when the goals are scored) against Arsenal which IMHO means that to say ALL there is about him is a bad attitude is rather one eyed.

I've not seen anything to back up the claims of a bad attitude, I've not seen him in trouble with refs, arguing with team mates, lacking in effort etc.

His role is to create goals, and he has consistently created chances in a Glenn Little style. Accusations of 'not being prolific' could equally be aimed at Glenn, and equally miss the point of his inclusion in the team.

Opinions - it's what makes a discussion board more than just a board !!!