Tickets for Watford.

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
watfordroyal

Tickets for Watford.

by watfordroyal » 21 Mar 2007 11:45

Went online last night to get an Adult ticket for our last homer against Watford and was only charged £17.

I know it's likely to be a dull 0-0, but nothing on OS to say that they're only gonna charge for a Championship game!

Anyone else get this or was it my lucky day?

Muzzy

by Muzzy » 21 Mar 2007 12:47

Yeah, just got tickets for the last 4 games and Watford was indeed charged at £17.

Bonus!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 Mar 2007 12:52

Although the club will undoubtably be able to change you the missing amount when they notice (unless there is some special deal in the offing...)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Mar 2007 13:01

May well be a special deal. Last home game of the season against what well be a relegated side by that point. Lower the prices to ensure a full house as by that time we may not have anything to play for bar pride.

boycey

by boycey » 21 Mar 2007 13:21

Stranded May well be a special deal. Last home game of the season against what well be a relegated side by that point. Lower the prices to ensure a full house as by that time we may not have anything to play for bar pride.

or we might need a win to secure a place in europe......

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Mar 2007 13:26

Muzzy Yeah, just got tickets for the last 4 games and Watford was indeed charged at £17.

Bonus!

It's parachute ticket pricing for the away supporters!

My kids, who attend a school on the outskirts of Watford, think this game will be great value. They're looking forward to waving goodbye to all of their Watford supporting schoolmates. In fact they are hoping that Watford go on a mini-revival before then so that we can be the team to send them down!

Magnus

by Magnus » 21 Mar 2007 13:28

RoyalBlue
Muzzy Yeah, just got tickets for the last 4 games and Watford was indeed charged at £17.

Bonus!

It's parachute ticket pricing for the away supporters!

My kids, who attend a school on the outskirts of Watford, think this game will be great value. They're looking forward to waving goodbye to all of their Watford supporting schoolmates. In fact they are hoping that Watford go on a mini-revival before then so that we can be the team to send them down!

:lol: Means so much at that age doesn't it? Can't get excited about it myself, can help but think it's yet another £17 that can and will be spent better elsewhere.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Mar 2007 13:37

boycey
Stranded May well be a special deal. Last home game of the season against what well be a relegated side by that point. Lower the prices to ensure a full house as by that time we may not have anything to play for bar pride.

or we might need a win to secure a place in europe......

Hence why I said may not have anything to play for.......

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Mar 2007 13:21

Also if you are a Watford STH or part of a membership scheme, Reading will has passed on the discount of 4 quid to you, so the walk-up/non-member price would have been 21 pounds.

Reading is the only Premier league club to pass on such member discounts to other clubs, and deserve praise for it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 13:24

Is this funded by charging members £3 to watch home reserve games then ?

Any is it preferable to give visiting fans a discount rather than offering home season ticket holders a (proper) discount on their renewals ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Mar 2007 13:33

Dirk Gently Also if you are a Watford STH or part of a membership scheme, Reading will has passed on the discount of 4 quid to you, so the walk-up/non-member price would have been 21 pounds.

Reading is the only Premier league club to pass on such member discounts to other clubs, and deserve praise for it.

My Fulham mate was also well chuffed that they got tickets cheaper by being a ST holder at The Cottage.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Mar 2007 13:37

Behindu Is this funded by charging members £3 to watch home reserve games then ?

No.

Behindu Any is it preferable to give visiting fans a discount rather than offering home season ticket holders a (proper) discount on their renewals ?

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. The 4 quid "tax" that Reading charge fans who are not members is also not charged to visiting away supporters who are members of their own club's membership scheme.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 13:49

I guess the answer to the first question could be 'yes' as the club COULD chose to make reserve games free and not unilaterally offer discounts to away fans, but decide not to.

I'd be more inclined to praise the club if they managed to persuade other clubs to enter in bilateral agreements where we got discounts if we were RFC members as well, otherwise it seems that us home fans are effectively subsidising away fans.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Mar 2007 14:15

Behindu I guess the answer to the first question could be 'yes' as the club COULD chose to make reserve games free and not unilaterally offer discounts to away fans, but decide not to.

I'd be more inclined to praise the club if they managed to persuade other clubs to enter in bilateral agreements where we got discounts if we were RFC members as well, otherwise it seems that us home fans are effectively subsidising away fans.

I guess a lot of it comes down to the fact that to watch a Reading game as a fan these days you have to be a member. I think it's now not possible to buy a ticket without a member card?

There is also a ruling that you cannot charge away fans more for seats of a similar standard - now it could easily be argued that as all Reading fans in the South Stand are members (almost by default) then you cannot charge away fans more for the same privelige. So by those rules charging a member of another club more could be seen to break those rules - admitedly I doubt any would complain but I can see the reasoning.

And you could very easily have seen every reserve game free this season by picking up the vouchers readily available from the ticket office.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Mar 2007 14:28

Stranded
Behindu I
There is also a ruling that you cannot charge away fans more for seats of a similar standard - now it could easily be argued that as all Reading fans in the South Stand are members (almost by default) then you cannot charge away fans more for the same privelige. So by those rules charging a member of another club more could be seen to break those rules - admitedly I doubt any would complain but I can see the reasoning.

And you could very easily have seen every reserve game free this season by picking up the vouchers readily available from the ticket office.

Fair points, although I guess I was questioning more the unilateral nature of the deal. The discount to away fans is great for away fans, but would have been something really worth shouting about if it had also been of benefit to home fans !

The reserve vouchers thing is slightly odd - why charge and at the same time offer free entry to voucher holders ? Why not just make it free to STH ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Mar 2007 15:39

I can only assume they are hoping that people won't know about it and pay.

BerksBlue

by BerksBlue » 04 Apr 2007 15:45

Its a cock up. I stupidly questioned it being slightly concerned that my ticket would light up as a concession and i would be refused acccess and they charged me the extra £11. And took my points away! Gits! Got them back though, just not the £11

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Apr 2007 14:32

BerksBlue Its a cock up. I stupidly questioned it being slightly concerned that my ticket would light up as a concession and i would be refused acccess and they charged me the extra £11. And took my points away! Gits! Got them back though, just not the £11

oxf*rd off newbie!!

Muzzy

by Muzzy » 02 May 2007 14:10

Does anyone know if the pricing was a cock up and if so have they taken the extra from our accounts?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 02 May 2007 14:15

Would you not be the best person to see if the club have taken any extra money from your account ? None of us have access to your bank details !!

NB, I do also realise you might be looking to see if others have been charged !

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1