I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

275 posts
Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

Re: I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

by Z-Head » 05 Apr 2007 12:42

Jerry St Clair Within 5 seconds of kick off the bloke in front of me says "Do you mind if we stand?". No, says virtually everyone in the viciinity except this rancid old hag behind who cackles "I do". And then proceeded to complain loudly everytime anyone stood during the game.

Row 24. You know who you are.

I've had some outstanding away trips in recent years, but pretty much every single one this year has been shite. Fulham was excellent, but i was in the neutral section for that.

I don't think I'll bother in future.

Tell her to go watch cricket!
Last edited by Z-Head on 05 Apr 2007 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Apr 2007 14:28

BerksBlue You all seem to be forgetting the point that standing up is not actually an option! You are not told to sit down because the 7yr old behind you cant see, its actually a legal requirement!!! I am not saying I agree with it but its what you do now. And the people who stand up are not 'helping' the club by creating an atmosphere they are actually hindering the club because excessive standing up will lead to ticket allocations being chopped!

Fcuk off newbie.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Apr 2007 15:07

A 7yr old kid's brain isn't developed enough to fully appreciate Glen Little beating 7 men with one Bodyswerve TM, or to fully understand and admire the fact that Shorey's left foot was carved out of gold by Brazillian elves at the request of Garrincha. Until such time they should have to put up with views that they're given and soak up the atmosphere, that's what I did when I were a nipper at the various grounds I went to. This is nanny state mentality, kids don't have rights!! Not until they're at least 5 foot anyway.

Stand Reading Stand.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Apr 2007 16:03

handbags_harris
BerksBlue You all seem to be forgetting the point that standing up is not actually an option! You are not told to sit down because the 7yr old behind you cant see, its actually a legal requirement!!! I am not saying I agree with it but its what you do now. And the people who stand up are not 'helping' the club by creating an atmosphere they are actually hindering the club because excessive standing up will lead to ticket allocations being chopped!

Fcuk off newbie.

Ah, the intelligent stance of the teenage mutant wannabee hard man of the 'standing is the only way to watch football' brigade!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Apr 2007 16:05

Don Finch A 7yr old kid's brain isn't developed enough to fully appreciate Glen Little beating 7 men with one Bodyswerve TM, or to fully understand and admire the fact that Shorey's left foot was carved out of gold by Brazillian elves at the request of Garrincha. Until such time they should have to put up with views that they're given and soak up the atmosphere, that's what I did when I were a nipper at the various grounds I went to. This is nanny state mentality, kids don't have rights!! Not until they're at least 5 foot anyway.

Stand Reading Stand.

Ah yes, I did it that way so you should too. I assume you also want the brain surgeon who does the lifesaving operation on you to also have followed the 'old school' method of staying awake for the 96hrs immediately prior to cutting you open - thought not.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Apr 2007 16:07

Don Finch A 7yr old kid's brain isn't developed enough to fully appreciate Glen Little beating 7 men with one Bodyswerve TM, or to fully understand and admire the fact that Shorey's left foot was carved out of gold by Brazillian elves at the request of Garrincha. Until such time they should have to put up with views that they're given and soak up the atmosphere, that's what I did when I were a nipper at the various grounds I went to. This is nanny state mentality, kids don't have rights!! Not until they're at least 5 foot anyway.

Stand Reading Stand.

Slight difference being you stood on terracing (as did I) but now everybody has paid for a seat.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Apr 2007 16:10

West Stand Man I assume you also want the brain surgeon who does the lifesaving operation on you to also have followed the 'old school' method of staying awake for the 96hrs immediately prior to cutting you open - thought not.

As long as he's stood up, don't want him sat down getting all comfortable and making a silly mistake. :lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Apr 2007 16:18

West Stand Man
handbags_harris

Fcuk off newbie.

Ah, the intelligent stance of the teenage mutant wannabee hard man of the 'standing is the only way to watch football' brigade!

You're not to know, but it's a joke between friends my friend. (And I'm no teenager! I'm 25!!)

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 05 Apr 2007 16:47

Stranded Slight difference being you stood on terracing (as did I) but now everybody has paid for a seat.

I doubt he has paid, he's only seven.

As I've said on another thread, I do respect others and sit down but in moments of excitment there's something inside my head that makes me stand up. If I get told to sit down at that point then I get severely pi55ed off. These discussions are pointless until the rules are changed anyway but until then you're going to get disgruntled fans on both sides of the argument.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Apr 2007 16:47

handbags_harris
West Stand Man
handbags_harris

Fcuk off newbie.

You're not to know, but it's a joke between friends my friend. (And I'm no teenager! I'm 25!!)

I stand corrected - have fun!

working class hero

by working class hero » 05 Apr 2007 23:35

earley_royals As I've said before, I prefer a packed terrace at Ninian Park to sitting at grounds like the Emirates.

Me too - and I detest hooliganism. I just like being able to stand and cheer. The modern stadia are all very classy - but lack character. I do not agree with standing where others wish to sit - but a standing area behind the goal would be magic.

working class hero

by working class hero » 05 Apr 2007 23:37

West Stand Man

Stand Reading Stand.

Ah yes, I did it that way so you should too. I assume you also want the brain surgeon who does the lifesaving operation on you to also have followed the 'old school' method of staying awake for the 96hrs immediately prior to cutting you open - thought not.

Why would he need a brain surgeon????

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 05 Apr 2007 23:58

So West Stand Man starts talking about cutting people open on a topic to do with Football Fans' behaviour...

I always knew your true colours :wink:

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 06 Apr 2007 07:44

cant be bothered to scroll thro 12 pages so straight to the point
- your choice is to sit or not to go to the game, it is selfish to stand

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 06 Apr 2007 09:02

KENTWOOD BOY cant be bothered to scroll thro 12 pages so straight to the point
- your choice is to sit or not to go to the game, it is selfish to stand

I'm guessing from your response there's probably little point in arguing with you as you're clearly somebody who thinks they're right and anybody who disagrees can just shut up, however...

The choice you offer really isn't much of a choice is it? I chose to stand before being given no choice at all by the advent of all-seater stadia. I would like that choice again, it's not complicated.

Please keep your selfish, "I'm alright Jack" point of view to yourself.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 06 Apr 2007 09:12

The current rules aren;t as black and white as 'sit' or 'stand' though...

Seems some 'sitters' forget that.

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 06 Apr 2007 09:44

This post is basically about anti-social behaviour, you seem to be saying
this is what i am going to do & sod the people behind me if they cant see
, they might be small or are unable to stand for long periods. Times have
changed, we have all seater stadiums, accept it.

Ooo Trevor Morley

by Ooo Trevor Morley » 06 Apr 2007 14:29

KENTWOOD BOY This post is basically about anti-social behaviour, you seem to be saying
this is what i am going to do & sod the people behind me if they cant see
, they might be small or are unable to stand for long periods. Times have
changed, we have all seater stadiums, accept it.

Kentwood boy, is your argument tinted with a tone of resignation or have you always been indifferent to the place passion has in football? If so, I don’t know why you bother turning up to games. I do not mean any offence, but I am bitterly angry at the state of the English game: compared to every other major football league in the world, our supporters are dispassionate voiceless drones. The reason is that from Japan to the Bombanero, supporters are allowed to stand ; they know full well that their section is the singing section and anyone who wants a passive role can F-off elsewhere, so they are free to sing and feel, and be impassioned for the whole of the game. Kentwood boy, do you not feel something is missing? Have you experienced the full football experience, and if you have, why the f*** are you so complaisant to let it go?

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 06 Apr 2007 15:06

i am an old southbank boy, not a hoolie at all but i did get turfed out once by a copper for being 'overly enthustic', so i do know what football was like way back in the dark ages, times change & so does expectations. you
buy your ticket & are required to accept the terms & condition, it says sit down so sit down, what is so hard to understand about this. if you do not want to accept the t&c dont buy the ticket.
the thatcher government over reacted in forcing the creation of all seater
stadiums, but the place to complain is not in the stadium where your actions are selfish & inconsiderate, this sort of action could result in your
ticket being stopped or the number of tickets available beign reduced as a
punishment

Ooo Trevor Morley

by Ooo Trevor Morley » 06 Apr 2007 15:22

Oh, okay, sorry Kentwood Boy. I don't know, I sometimes go off on one. Southbankers! Hurray.

275 posts