Scousers in the home end

214 posts
Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 07 Apr 2007 20:48

Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal I'm usually fairly vocal at football but the bloke I sit next to held me back when the scouse slag in front celebrated their second goal. She'd kept quiet until then. I was not happy.

I've never seen you so angry before, but just what the oxf*rd was she doing there FFS, I shall be making a point of speaking to the owner of that seat next Saturday. If that was a bloke they'd have got chinned by somebody in our row. Was not a happy bunny at all to see it right in front of me.

Yes, me. Not one of my finer moments. I apologise. :oops:

No need to apologise in my eyes, I thought it was a fully justified reaction and one that most if not all people agreed with.

Dave put his arm across me in case I went mental. Fortunately I had a moment of clarity where I realised that I didn't want to be chucked out for that profligate. Still, I think the chap who sits there may be asked a few questions next week. Isn't it an old boy?

I can't remember off the top of my head. I hope the stewards have made notes of all the seats with away "fans" in. Might be worth contacting the club and putting that seat number forward too!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 20:50

What an intolerant lot you are, yet as has been pointed out many times in the past RFC fans often take seats in the home stands at away games, and we do not get this madness aimed at our own.

It is a football match, it is a shame that so many cannot get along with your fellow humans that you feel the desire to lash out.

Perhaps the club should have given Liverpool the whole south stand, they like many other clubs can easily fill it.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Apr 2007 20:50

Dangerous
Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal I'm usually fairly vocal at football but the bloke I sit next to held me back when the scouse slag in front celebrated their second goal. She'd kept quiet until then. I was not happy.

I've never seen you so angry before, but just what the oxf*rd was she doing there FFS, I shall be making a point of speaking to the owner of that seat next Saturday. If that was a bloke they'd have got chinned by somebody in our row. Was not a happy bunny at all to see it right in front of me.

No need to apologise in my eyes, I thought it was a fully justified reaction and one that most if not all people agreed with.

Dave put his arm across me in case I went mental. Fortunately I had a moment of clarity where I realised that I didn't want to be chucked out for that profligate. Still, I think the chap who sits there may be asked a few questions next week. Isn't it an old boy?

I can't remember off the top of my head. I hope the stewards have made notes of all the seats with away "fans" in. Might be worth contacting the club and putting that seat number forward too!

Either that or just oxf*rd do 'im :wink:

The club won't do anything about it. STAR perhaps?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 20:53

Row Z Royal

though it includes a wink, why would you think like this?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 20:59

A crackin' game

and I was sat (in the N stand) next to a Liverpool fan who celebrated all of their goals

Pi55ed off with the result but happy with the game

why do people get so het-up?

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 07 Apr 2007 21:00

Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal
Dangerous
Row Z Royal
Dangerous

The club won't do anything about it. STAR perhaps?

See the response in the STAR forum - tell the club and give them the full details.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 21:03

See the response in the STAR forum - tell the club and give them the full details.

Just looked at that and I hope that all our fans that sit in the wrong end get action taken against them as well.

I have seen a few games live in pubs and the fans seem able to mix, why can this not be possible at a ground FFS

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:14

The 17 Bus
Row Z Royal

though it includes a wink, why would you think like this?

I don't. That's why I added the wink. :roll:

It's not my usual reaction and, if you see my earlier post on the subject, I'm not proud of it. I don't advocate football in violence and I never will do.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 21:16

AthleticoSpizz A crackin' game

and I was sat (in the N stand) next to a Liverpool fan who celebrated all of their goals

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:21

AthleticoSpizz
AthleticoSpizz A crackin' game

It's different to being in a pub, though personally I always watch televised football at home - to avoid those situations.

I know that it's a crap reason but it's the way it is.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 07 Apr 2007 21:21

I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:27

You're missing the point.

That seat is designated for Reading fans and a Reading fan missed out on the chance to see their team because a Liverpool fan was sitting in that seat.

I sat in the home end away at Villa because I was with a mate, however I didn't cheer when we scored and I generally behaved myself. Also as the game wasn't a sell out I wasn't denying a Villa fan the chance to see their team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 21:27

Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.
says it for me Volvic

I enjoyed my day today....the L'pool fan was magnanimous in victory.....isn't that the way it should be???

I have enjoyed days at Gillingham and Colchester despite defeat

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:28

Farnborough Royal You're missing the point.

That seat is designated for Reading fans and a Reading fan missed out on the chance to see their team because a Liverpool fan was sitting in that seat.

I sat in the home end away at Villa because I was with a mate, however I didn't cheer when we scored and I generally behaved myself. Also as the game wasn't a sell out I wasn't denying a Villa fan the chance to see their team.

The B18 Row Y perpetrator was all on her own.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 07 Apr 2007 21:29

what happend on the south side of the east stand today because i saw someone really cheering and going for it when they scored they winning goal but dident see anymore because everyone around stood up to look and i couldent see becuse i sit in Y22 and this was around Y24-6ish

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 07 Apr 2007 21:30

The 17 Bus What an intolerant lot you are, yet as has been pointed out many times in the past RFC fans often take seats in the home stands at away games, and we do not get this madness aimed at our own.

FWIW I agree with you. However, many of the Liverpool fans in the home ends today were deliberately provocative and behaved poorly. That's what I object to.

Especially when they've got their tickets through Reading fans.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 21:31

cant you see what a tit that post makes you look, so they took a Reading fans seat, and you did the same at Villa, WTF is the difference, and tbh they did not take a reading fans seat, it seems obvious that a few ST holders could not make the game and passed the ticket onto someone they knew.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 21:32

The 17 Bus

cant you see what a tit that post makes you look, so they took a Reading fans seat, and you did the same at Villa, WTF is the difference, and tbh they did not take a reading fans seat, it seems obvious that a few ST holders could not make the game and passed the ticket onto someone they knew.
and its just football.....its fun

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 07 Apr 2007 21:34

Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

So you'd be happy for home and away fans to be mixed just like at rugby presumably? Well I'm sorry (actually no I'm not) but I wouldn't. I'm happy to indulge in a bit of friendly banter before a match, but during one it's war. Supporting football is a passionate affair and to my mind home and away fans don't and shouldn't mix.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 21:35

AthleticoSpizz
The 17 Bus

and its just football.....its fun

no to some it is still tribal warfare. If people cannot control themselves maybe they should not go to games.

214 posts