Scousers in the home end

214 posts
Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 07 Apr 2007 21:36

Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

Spot the American who doesn't understand football, or should I say soccer.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 07 Apr 2007 21:36

AthleticoSpizz its just football

:shock: It's never JUST football. :?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 21:37

shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz its just football

:shock: It's never JUST football. :?
Reading Town and Scours Lane next season then..............

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:38

The 17 Bus
Farnborough Royal You're missing the point.

That seat is designated for Reading fans and a Reading fan missed out on the chance to see their team because a Liverpool fan was sitting in that seat.

I sat in the home end away at Villa because I was with a mate, however I didn't cheer when we scored and I generally behaved myself. Also as the game wasn't a sell out I wasn't denying a Villa fan the chance to see their team.

cant you see what a tit that post makes you look, so they took a Reading fans seat, and you did the same at Villa, WTF is the difference, and tbh they did not take a reading fans seat, it seems obvious that a few ST holders could not make the game and passed the ticket onto someone they knew.

Read the last paragraph you tit

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 21:40

shadesrwrf
Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

So you'd be happy for home and away fans to be mixed just like at rugby presumably? Well I'm sorry (actually no I'm not) but I wouldn't. I'm happy to indulge in a bit of friendly banter before a match, but during one it's war. Supporting football is a passionate affair and to my mind home and away fans don't and shouldn't mix.
WAR...lol

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 07 Apr 2007 21:43

AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

Thanks, I didn't put it in bold but it was the most important word in my reply. That's how passionately I feel about my team. Shame you obviously don't feel the same.

"JUST football". Shakes head in disbelief.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 21:55

shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

Thanks, I didn't put it in bold but it was the most important word in my reply. That's how passionately I feel about my team. Shame you obviously don't feel the same.

but it is just football, supporting your team does not have to include hatred of fellow supporters of other teams.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Apr 2007 21:56

The 17 Bus
shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

but it is just football, supporting your team does not have to include hatred of fellow supporters of other teams.

In a football situation is there any other way to be? In the office you take the piss and it continues at the ground.

It is that important and it is an infiltration.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 21:57

Farnborough Royal
The 17 Bus

That seat is designated for Reading fans and a Reading fan missed out on the chance to see their team because a Liverpool fan was sitting in that seat.

I sat in the home end away at Villa because I was with a mate, however I didn't cheer when we scored and I generally behaved myself. Also as the game wasn't a sell out I wasn't denying a Villa fan the chance to see their team.

cant you see what a tit that post makes you look, so they took a Reading fans seat, and you did the same at Villa, WTF is the difference, and tbh they did not take a reading fans seat, it seems obvious that a few ST holders could not make the game and passed the ticket onto someone they knew.

ah so it is justified beacause it is not sold out???????

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 07 Apr 2007 21:57

Nice sentiment, which could equally be applied to religion.

But it's the realworld and expecting fans of opposing sides to sit together and applaud the opposition will lead to big trouble..

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 07 Apr 2007 22:04

The main problem is that they are rubbing your own disappointment in even more by over celebrating in fron of you in a "what you gonna do about it" style.

This inevitably leads to a lot of very recently disappointed home fans faced with a bunch of gloating, over celebrating numpties.

If you want to sit in the Home end, have some respect for those around you and behave appropriately. Then there is no problem.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 Apr 2007 22:13

The 17 Bus
Farnborough Royal
The 17 Bus

ah so it is justified beacause it is not sold out???????

Wheyy! we're getting some where.

Yes, because it didn't sell out, so if I didn't sit there no one would have. Whereas today if no Liverpool fans were in the Reading end then those seats would have been taken by Reading fans who couldn't get a ticket.

That's the thing that pi$$es me off about away fans in the home end.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Apr 2007 22:22

I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Apr 2007 22:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

would these be the true Royals that would not fill the ground just two seasons a go?????

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Apr 2007 22:52

I think 2WW1WC just about summed it up. Attendance at a football match costs good money and should not be made into a two-hour exercise in the maintenance of self-control --at the risk of prosecution and banishment for any failure to do so-- in the face of incessant provocation, and least of all for a home supporter in a seating area designated for same. Rules designed to prevent a heated atmosphere from reaching a flashpoint are in place for that reason.

Absolutely Laughable Angling, Dude

Grow up.

Yeah, good thing Sky so helpfully labeled its football programming as it did, otherwise OG never would've known where to look after hopping the puddle. :roll:

Incidentally, Wally --tipped to be out the door after the Warnock incident--looks set to extend his deal if he hasn't already done so. Or so the inside word now has it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Apr 2007 23:14

shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

oh do grow up

silly billy

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 07 Apr 2007 23:48

RoyalChicagoFC I think 2WW1WC just about summed it up. Attendance at a football match costs good money and should not be made into a two-hour exercise in the maintenance of self-control --at the risk of prosecution and banishment for any failure to do so-- in the face of incessant provocation, and least of all for a home supporter in a seating area designated for same. Rules designed to prevent a heated atmosphere from reaching a flashpoint are in place for that reason.

Absolutely Laughable Angling, Dude

Grow up.

Yeah, good thing Sky so helpfully labeled its football programming as it did, otherwise OG never would've known where to look after hopping the puddle. :roll:

Incidentally, Wally --tipped to be out the door after the Warnock incident--looks set to extend his deal if he hasn't already done so. Or so the inside word now has it.

Hark at Mr know it at all Yank who hasn't even watched a single Reading game in his life :lol:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Apr 2007 00:02

Embarrassingly weak stuff, that --even for you.

If it mattered at all --and it doesn't-- I do accept charity and would welcome your monetary contribution, as I would any other, to defray the cost of match tickets, lodging, airfare and the horrific rate of exchange. So if it means that much to you...

:P

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 08 Apr 2007 00:15

RoyalChicagoFC Embarrassingly weak stuff, that --even for you.

If it mattered at all --and it doesn't-- I do accept charity and would welcome your monetary contribution, as I would any other, to defray the cost of match tickets, lodging, airfare and the horrific rate of exchange. So if it means that much to you...

:P

How can you even comment on this subject when you've never been to a game in England in your life? :lol:

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 08 Apr 2007 00:23

Coppelled Streets
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo
doylefan there were some in the north stand too - they got kicked out and too right as well

Actually knowing Reading stewards, just relocated the coonts.

Idiot!

The stewards did their job today, by the sounds of it. Credit where it's due!

Shame they took five minutes to chuck the guy in Y25 out.

Quicker to chuck a Reading fan out for taking pictures though aren't they. :roll:

214 posts