Scousers in the home end

214 posts
RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Apr 2007 00:26

Spent a lot of time over here, then? So long as we're inspecting credentiaLOLs... :roll:

As you know, this ain't brain surgery. I know how the rules and why they're in place, I've stood in the midst of more than a handful of sports crowds, and I know well and truly what it does to people; I ain't immune.

Education takes various forms. What difference maketh stamps on a passport?

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 08 Apr 2007 00:33

Not saying you're immune to passion.

I've been to various sporting events and none come close to football in England.

I hope one day you have the chance to experience it for yourself.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Apr 2007 00:49

Right, and if I hit the lotto a week from now, I'd be in Bolton the week after --and, if I were to find myself seated amongst home supporters, I've at least picked up just enough good sense to know to keep my celebrations well muted.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2007 00:50

Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

what a patronising idiot.....go and support rugby then you clueless idiot!

This is how crowd trouble starts....these prats are denying genuine HOME fans a seat...my son wanted to go but like other RFC fans....but to see seats in the home end occupied by away supporters just p****s people off.
Last edited by royalsteve on 08 Apr 2007 01:05, edited 1 time in total.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2007 00:54

The 17 Bus What an intolerant lot you are, yet as has been pointed out many times in the past RFC fans often take seats in the home stands at away games, and we do not get this madness aimed at our own.

It is a football match, it is a shame that so many cannot get along with your fellow humans that you feel the desire to lash out.

Perhaps the club should have given Liverpool the whole south stand, they like many other clubs can easily fill it.

utter rubbish!! you need to go to more away games....Leicester away and some Reading fans were attacked in the home end......i mean alot......you idiots would be up in arms if you'd seen that but clearly you either dont go to many away games or have rose tinted glasses.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2007 00:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

The stewards were idiots to let them in wearing colours and the c**k who gave it the big one was lucky he wasnt sitting near the drummer as he would be exiting the stadium with his fist down his own throat

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2007 01:00

The 17 Bus
Farnborough Royal
The 17 Bus
Farnborough Royal You're missing the point.

That seat is designated for Reading fans and a Reading fan missed out on the chance to see their team because a Liverpool fan was sitting in that seat.

I sat in the home end away at Villa because I was with a mate, however I didn't cheer when we scored and I generally behaved myself. Also as the game wasn't a sell out I wasn't denying a Villa fan the chance to see their team.

cant you see what a tit that post makes you look, so they took a Reading fans seat, and you did the same at Villa, WTF is the difference, and tbh they did not take a reading fans seat, it seems obvious that a few ST holders could not make the game and passed the ticket onto someone they knew.

Read the last paragraph you tit

ah so it is justified beacause it is not sold out???????

so patronising you cannot even spell!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2007 01:02

AthleticoSpizz
shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

Thanks, I didn't put it in bold but it was the most important word in my reply. That's how passionately I feel about my team. Shame you obviously don't feel the same.

"JUST football". Shakes head in disbelief.
oh do grow up

silly billy

back to your prawn sarnies then?

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 08 Apr 2007 01:29

Volvicanus I'll probably be in the minority around here but I think it's absolutely pathetic that people have a fit because there happens to be someone next to them that, oh-my GOD!- might support the other team. And oh God - they cheered their teams goal!!!! What kind of mind does it take for such a slight thing to suddenly turn these people into some kind of animal that you think deserves huge scorn or even worse, some type of physcial abuse. Get a bloody life people. It's a sport. Would you behave this way if you find out someone at your work was a fan of another team? Would you if it was a child? Why is that just because people are at a football game they feel they can leave decent behaviour and frankly, sane minds at home?

Grow up.

Yes, you probably are in the minority VolvicANUS.
Judging by the above paragraph of sh*t, you've got absolutely no idea what supporting a football team is all about.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 08 Apr 2007 07:23

2 world wars, 1 world cup I've The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

Have to disagree with most of that...

If you are stupid enough to physically attack someone for wearing a shirt then you are 100% responsible for your actions.
People get angry enough at being searched before games and now the suggestion is that the stewards have to get people to undress before entry so they can make sure they aren't wearing an opposition shirt under a coat / sweatshirt. Totally impractical.

As for not enough seats for 'true' Royals - well I'd say at the moment we have about the right number. OK sometimes it is a bit tricky for people who only come to theodd game to get a ticket for the glamour ties, but a 'true' Royal would have been able to see plenty of matches this season, just not maybe the Liverpool/ Man Utd / Chelsea games. But then which team is it they were wanting to watch ?

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 08 Apr 2007 07:27

parky what happend on the south side of the east stand today because i saw someone really cheering and going for it when they scored they winning goal but dident see anymore because everyone around stood up to look and i couldent see becuse i sit in Y22 and this was around Y24-6ish

You mean the guy who only cheered their second goal and then had stuff chucked at him and he still didn't want to go with about 2 mins left. Eventually 3 stewards had to take him.

GJ79

by GJ79 » 08 Apr 2007 07:56

RobRoyale My girlfriend couldn't make it to the game today as something came up at the last minute so my liverpool supporter mate came along in her place. Ok so we sit in the south stand away from the nutters of the east stand but if he was stupid enough to cheer their goals and wear his colours I'd expect it to pi$$ people off.

As it is, he was very well behaved. Just as I was in the Kop for the cup game!

Noone was any the wiser and we both enjoyed our football.

It's just about having some common sense!!!!!!!

lol what a dick, wonder why he sits in the south stand. :roll: plastic!!!!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Apr 2007 08:12

royalsteve
2 world wars, 1 world cup I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

The stewards were idiots to let them in wearing colours and the c**k who gave it the big one was lucky he wasnt sitting near the drummer as he would be exiting the stadium with his fist down his own throat

sounds like you are just the sort of fan that RFC are trying to get rid of, talk of fist down throat is no way to behave.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 08 Apr 2007 08:21

The 17 Bus
shadesrwrf
AthleticoSpizz WAR...lol

Thanks, I didn't put it in bold but it was the most important word in my reply. That's how passionately I feel about my team. Shame you obviously don't feel the same.

"JUST football". Shakes head in disbelief.

but it is just football, supporting your team does not have to include hatred of fellow supporters of other teams.

Please point me to where I said anything about hatred? I seem to recall mentioning having some friendly banter with away fans prior to the match. However, during the match is different. Whilst the game is being played passion runs high and it's not a time for home and away fans to mix.

I can't argue about the use of the word "just". It's something I don't comprehend. I could never use the words "just" and "football" in close proximity. It's not right.

It seems increasingly obvious that the team board is inhabited by people who think it's acceptable to sit throughout a match sharing a flask and pleasantries with the opposition fans. Not the way I like it I'm afraid, but each to their own. A sad reflection of the state of the game.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 08 Apr 2007 08:36

I think a lot of people here are missing the point. I’m not sure if some of you have noticed but the ground is separated into home supporters and away supporters. This is not done for style reasons!!! Having away fans in the home enter is just asking for trouble, while I do not condone violence, mixing supporting is ultimately going to lead to this happening.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Apr 2007 09:15

toppy I think a lot of people here are missing the point. I’m not sure if some of you have noticed but the ground is separated into home supporters and away supporters. This is not done for style reasons!!! Having away fans in the home enter is just asking for trouble, while I do not condone violence, mixing supporting is ultimately going to lead to this happening.

But that is exactly what the clubs have been trying to clear the game of, in the 40' and 50's there was no violence at football, and fans were able to mix, there were still home and away sections but more of a recommended area rather than set aside. Then along came the 70's and everything changed, I have no idea why but it did, and escalated to the point where fans were treated as bad whoever they were, things are slowly improving though, and I for one look forward to football where there is no reported violence.

JM was sat next to l'pool fans, doubt there was any friction there, even tho Russ Abbot can be a bit of a twat.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Apr 2007 09:16

I was also disgusted when I noticed that there were two Liverpool fans in the directors box area.

One was a man aged around 60 with a gap-toothed smile who kept cracking appalling jokes throughout the game.

The other was a woman of about the same age who spoke in a high-pitched scouse voice and told anyone who listened that she was having 'A lorra, lorra, laffs.'

Surely the person who sorted the tickets for this pair should be banned from the ground?

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 08 Apr 2007 09:50

1871 Royal I would never be able to sit in the opposition end. It just isn't right! I wouldn't be able sing and chant with our boys! And if we scored it would be murder on me! I dont know how they do it myself.

I no a mate that did it last weekend spurs, and he is a plastic fan only been watching them this year. He said a spurs fan figured he was a reading fan but the spurs fan said he would keep quiet about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Apr 2007 09:54

The young lad just in front of us appeared to have brought his Liverpool supporting grandad to the game yesterday, in place of his mother. After the first goal the old bloke clapped and appeared very happy with the goal. No-one around us said anything, and I didn't notice what he did after their second goal. I know it does happen that people who can't make it let a friend have a ticket, and to be fair, grandad wasn't wearing a liverpool scarf or anything - but people really should be slightly more careful as to who they allow their tickets to go to.

When we were at the Man Utd league game at Old Trafford, four Man Utd fans were thrown out for sitting in the away end, just in front of us.

IMHO it is just plain wrong, and people such as 2-0, who would snatch someone's hand off for a ticket, are daft if they think there's no problem with "away" supporters having tickets that a Reading fan (albeit possibly a "plastic" one) could have had.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 08 Apr 2007 10:07

As usual, some sense talked here, some garbage.

No reason why away fans can't sit with home fans, as long as they are discreet - stewards are doing the right thing when they tell them to remove their colours and let them in.

And when they cheer the away goals, and antagonise home fans, stewards are doing the right thing when they evict them. It's a pity we can't all sit together, but the sad reality is that some fans can't handle that, so away fans do need to either shut up or get evicted.

As a season ticket holder, my boy couldn't make the Southampton game last year and I brought along a mate of mine who is a Southampton fan. But he knew the rules and kept very quiet! Not a problem.

Seems to me the whole thing was handled very well yesterday.

214 posts