Scousers in the home end

214 posts
The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Apr 2007 07:38

Surely if they were pissed up they should have been refused entry?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Apr 2007 11:31

MY biggest problem with LFC fans in the home ends was that after the first goal half the clowns in the North spent 5 minutes trying to see if anyone was getting kicked out when there was a perfectly good game of football going on.

Eddie Hitler

by Eddie Hitler » 10 Apr 2007 13:43

I was quite shocked on saturday, while walking around the ground, I passed a father and son, who were both wearing Reading shirts, with Liverpool scarfs!!! What do you suggest should have been done with them??!

For what its worth, I think football could learn a lot from Rugby in terms of the crowd mingling. However, it will never work in football. I have no problems with away fans sitting in the home end. I've done it a few times, and have also brought along friends who support the opposition into the home end.

Just sit on your hands, and pretend your pissed off when really your celebrating! If away fans in the home end start giving it the big 'un, then unfortunately they will have to expect the worst and accept the consequences rightly or wrongly.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 10 Apr 2007 15:58

Why is it that football is the only sport where fans are segregated?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2007 16:01

Stooper Why is it that football is the only sport where fans are segregated?

Aren't the also sometimes segregated in Rugby League?

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 10 Apr 2007 16:18

Stranded

There is usually an away 'end' but there's no restriction on where you can go.

When we went to Hull KR, we just walked into the home terrace and it's the same at every ground.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Apr 2007 16:26

I'm all for having segregation, imagine if the rival team scores a 90th minute winner, you have to put up with them going fooking mental in your face.

If you got friends who support rival clubs then fair enough, but it's cheeky them sitting in home/away ends when they are sold out and depriving genuine fans tickets. It's happend at Liverpool and Man Utd away and it's wrong.

No point comparing football to rugby, football can be genuine hatred and has other factors that affect it (religion being one).

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Apr 2007 16:35

The simple difference is that - speaking from experience of having attended plenty of football matches and a handful of rugby matches - the crowd at football are far more partisan than the crowd at a rugby game.

Harold

by Harold » 10 Apr 2007 17:47

This sort of thing goes on all the time - I was at Highbury watching Chelsea play and I managed to get tickets for the North bank. Its sometimes just a case of getting tickets where you can. Loads of United fans got into the Shed End years ago - and were just marched along the pitch to the away end.

It adds to the atmosphere if they infiltrate your home end.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 11 Apr 2007 08:41

Eddie Hitler For what its worth, I think football could learn a lot from Rugby in terms of the crowd mingling.

The day that happens will be the day I kill myself.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 11 Apr 2007 08:42

Stranded

Indeed. And, in fact, hooliganism is a big problem at rugby league games. THere were huge problems at the Grand Final a few years ago which, if they'd happened at a major football match, would have been headline news.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Apr 2007 09:02

Jerry St Clair
Eddie Hitler For what its worth, I think football could learn a lot from Rugby in terms of the crowd mingling.

The day that happens will be the day I kill myself.

No, don't tempt us.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 11 Apr 2007 12:29

Jerry St Clair
Stranded

Indeed. And, in fact, hooliganism is a big problem at rugby league games. THere were huge problems at the Grand Final a few years ago which, if they'd happened at a major football match, would have been headline news.

Isn't it called 'High jinks' at Rugger?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 13 Apr 2007 18:56

There was one behind me in the Lower West who made it known how pleased he was both with the 2nd goal and with the final result which irritated me. Having sat in the home end for each of our last three visits to Gillingham and in the away end for the QPR home game on the final day of last season (it was the only way of getting a ticket!) I don't have too much of a problem with away fans who sit in the home ends, but you should at least have the decency to respect the fans around you. At Gillingham I was always sat with hardcore fans who never failed to shout abuse at Forster throughout the game, never once did I celebrate our goals, purely leaving the ground with a smile on my face :)

There was also a Leeds fan in front of me in the Upper West last season, who celebrated their equaliser quietly, and made no great fuss at the final whistle.

214 posts