Leroy's headbutt

266 posts
Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 13 Apr 2007 16:38

Stranded
Behindu Of course he has !!!!!!!!

Faking an injury is most certainly an offence for which punishment can be meted out.

Lita was always going to be punished, just a shame that the list of players who cheat and get away with it is so extensive.

It's sad that Lita gets 3 games for not touching a player, not cuasing injury yet Rigott got nothing for an assault on Kitson that cost him half a season.

How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

If someone doesn't headbutt you, your not in pain from it...... Unless a bit of wind caught you in the eye :roll:

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 13 Apr 2007 16:41

How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

If he was in the kind of pain that he was pretending to be in from the headbutt he would have come away with it with a physical sign of it, leroy may have made contact but the player needs to be punished for Simulation because there is no way he was in as much pain he was making out. Your face is not a toe, it bruises easily.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 13 Apr 2007 16:47

Harold
Royalee
Harold Reading, in the news for the wrong reasons again.

Ah well, at least there'll be news on Reading in 10 years time, which is more than can be said for Chelsea once Abramovich goes and leaves them in financial meltdown with them having to sell Stamford Bridge to Ken Bates and Fulham and form a new club called AFC Chelsea with Frank Lampard cutting a deal with Mars Bars for 50p a season shirt sponsorship.

obsessed :roll:

Keep clutching at those straws.

I state a fact - and you cry. :lol:

Pot, this is kettle. You're black.
We aren't the ones on another fan board trying to rile the fans.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 13 Apr 2007 16:59

Stranded You can feel pain without there being a physical mark left afterwards. Ever stubbed your toe?

I believe there are all sorts of ways of inflicting huge pain without leaving a physical mark.

You wouldn;t include a headbutt as one of them though !

And the play acting was obviously suggested significant contact had been made - the sort that would leave a mark when bone met bone.

I know you are playing devil's advocate, but whilst those who try and paint Leroy as the innocnet party have it wrong i think you are just as wrong in suggesting Al Kalkhori doesn;t have a case to answer...

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 13 Apr 2007 17:54

Stranded Did you hate Reading after Cureton got sent of against QPR as he was provoked in to the reaction?

I'm sorry I must have missed Spaceys' answer for this question.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Apr 2007 17:59

Rhys The Royal
paultheroyal Just seen the footage - yes a meal was made of it - but intent was there - contact was made even if it was light - he will get punished and will get at least a 3 game ban.

Coppell will not be impressed. Lita wont start again this season now.

:lol:

Rhys - Come on...why is this funny?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Apr 2007 18:17

Lita banned after the game for a 'headbutt' (I agree with SC that it is inconclusive from the pictures I saw on SKY Sports News) which was so bad that Poll missed it first time round and so damaging to El Karkouri's health that he leaped straight up off the ground when Poll waved play on.

Meanwhile, Pards admits that Poll signalled to him when Song was one mistimed tackle away from being sent off so he can substitute his player. Seems to me we've been very hard done by as usual (remember 2 penalties for, 6 against this season?) but we'll just go about our business in our usual way and get on with it, rather than whingeing about what looks to be very unbalanced justice. Can you imagine Warnock, Wenger, Mourinho et al quietly getting on with it in similar circumstances. No, neither can I.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 13 Apr 2007 20:45

Now I`m not a violent person but would Leroys ban be any longer if he did Twat the Charlton player?

At least it would have made the idiot think about play acting again and he would have been really hurt!

Wrong I know, but these cheating scum really wind me up

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Apr 2007 21:38

BLUES & ROYAL Now I`m not a violent person but would Leroys ban be any longer if he did Twat the Charlton player?

At least it would have made the idiot think about play acting again and he would have been really hurt!

Wrong I know, but these cheating scum really wind me up

That's a good point. May as well do him for real than get a 3 match ban for the intent.

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Apr 2007 21:39

I just thought I'd brighten this thread up a bit.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 13 Apr 2007 21:58

Cookie I just thought I'd brighten this thread up a bit.

8) success!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Apr 2007 22:26

ShinPad

by ShinPad » 13 Apr 2007 22:57

awesome scenes

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Apr 2007 02:32

At least this way one of Kitson/Doyle will get the game time they need.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Apr 2007 09:32

floyd__streete Lita banned after the game for a 'headbutt' (I agree with SC that it is inconclusive from the pictures I saw on SKY Sports News) which was so bad that Poll missed it first time round and so damaging to El Karkouri's health that he leaped straight up off the ground when Poll waved play on.

I think this is clearly a case of Poll having the last laugh. The FA were powerless to do anything after Poll referred to them except issue a ban.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Apr 2007 11:08

floyd__streete Lita banned after the game for a 'headbutt' (I agree with SC that it is inconclusive from the pictures I saw on SKY Sports News) which was so bad that Poll missed it first time round and so damaging to El Karkouri's health that he leaped straight up off the ground when Poll waved play on.

I still had the game on Sky+ so I've had another look. When you watch it from two or three angles, not just the one behind the goal which isn't the best, it's obvious what Lita did.

As for El Karkouri, he didn't jump straight back up, he had quite lengthy treatment from their physio and then went off the pitch. He obviously still wasn't hurt by Lita's faint headbutt though.

Also, it looked to me like the whole thing started when Lita caught Karkouri in the face when they challenged for a long ball forward from Soel. Karkouri then had a little push at him before Lita dropped the headbutt.

A lot of fuss over nothing, but Lita needs to control his temper.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Apr 2007 14:02

Southbank Old Boy

A lot of fuss over nothing, but Lita needs to control his temper.

Exactly. A top class player. Would be great i he could control his temper too.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 14 Apr 2007 19:56

paultheroyal
Rhys The Royal
paultheroyal Just seen the footage - yes a meal was made of it - but intent was there - contact was made even if it was light - he will get punished and will get at least a 3 game ban.

Coppell will not be impressed. Lita wont start again this season now.

:lol:

Rhys - Come on...why is this funny?

It was at the time, becuase I didn't think that he'd get banned.

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 16 Apr 2007 08:25

zac naloen
Finchley Royal
zac naloen The FA has no balls, They need to be fining El Kakhouri for bringing the game into disrepute twice by going down and feigning non-existant injuries like he had been shot.

Don't think that Leroy can start complaining about people diving...

Who said anything about Leroy complaining?

In today's Times:

[quote]“I didn’t touch him,â€

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 16 Apr 2007 09:27

Reading striker Leroy Lita has urged the Football Association to do something about 'diving cheats' after being hit with a three-match ban for violent conduct.

The FA investigated an incident last week where Lita was accused of headbutting Charlton's Talal El Karkouri.

He was found guilty and suspended for Saturday's 1-0 victory over Fulham, as well as upcoming fixtures against Bolton and Newcastle.

However, Lita believes El Karkouri was feigning injury and is furious with the FA for taking action against the wrong man.

"The incident against Charlton was embarrassing, you don't need that in the game," he said.

"I didn't touch him, he went down like an idiot and it was cheating.

"I would love to see them do something about diving cheats. We have got a good disciplinary record at Reading, but that wasn't taken into consideration.

"I've only got two games at the end of the season now because of the ban."

Reading boss Steve Coppell expressed his surprise at the FA's decision last week, claiming the video footage was inconclusive.

Lita added: "I spoke to Steve Coppell about it and he said the decision was pathetic."

Calling a fellow player a cheat may be seen as bringing the game into disrepute and could risk Lita missing the last two games.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing.

266 posts