40%

Total votes: 101
Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Seol vs Oster

by Chaney » 14 Apr 2007 19:04

Seol:
Well today I thought Seol was back to his best, sidestepping defenders, showing good close control and whipping in several inviting crosses, after the break Fulham stepped on the gas a little so its a little unfair to say he faded out of the game.

Oster:
Quite frankly when he came on he was a complete pile of Sh#t, played through with a delightful pass to the byline with space he decided to pull the ball back on to his left peg (not bad for a right footed played}
Good play down the left square ball into his path, a great chance to test their keeper horribly miscued, and lastly getting the ball out wide late on and trying to go to the corner to run down time, FFS hes no Ronaldo!!!

So vote guys who would we rather have on our right next season, Little/Seol, Little/Oster?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Apr 2007 19:16

Oster's always looked better playing in the middle. His work rate puts Seol to shame. i think he's a square peg in a round hole out wide.

I though Seol's crossing, as per usual was shit today, rarely beat the first defender. He created chances by beating the fullback, getting to the byline and pulling the ball back. That's where he's strongest. To be fair to him though, he was double teamed a lot of the time today and found it difficult to create space for himself.

Seol at home to create, Oster away to keep it tight. Neither can hold a candle to Little though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Apr 2007 20:01

Thought Seol was lazy today and Oster wasn't amazing when he came on - hopefully we'll bring someone in rather than having to play either next season if Little's injured.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 20:42

Royalee Thought Seol was lazy today
yeah right :roll:

like when he chased down (and won) several lost causes....

.......and jinked them into attacking opportunities

some folk never cease to amaze

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 14 Apr 2007 20:46

Pass of the season from the Seol Man today.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 21:00

Sebastian
ayjaydee Pass of the season from the Seol Man today.

agreed, but lazy as shit in the second half. A player shouldn't be tired after 45 mins! Get rid.
45 minutes?

....could've sworn that he back tracked into Harpers territory and performed the perfect tackle (in Harpers absense) at about the 63 minute mark

Not lazy Seb........just using his brain.....unlike the youthfull exhuberance of Shane and the like, chasing lost causes/overhit balls

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 14 Apr 2007 21:01

Seol was again inconsistant today (but a lot more better things to say about him today than the other days). He did chase down sometimes, to good effect on the occasion when he did, but I still feel he could chase a lot more and stop being lazy.

He also showed why we signed him today. Some beautiful balls today - one setting up Gunnarsson almost one on one.

Though Seol is a good player, I'm not sure i'd put him in front of Oster. I'm a person who loves to see wingers run at full backs and beat them before putting gorgeous balls into the box from closer. Seol didn't do that today. He had more than enough room behind the full backs, he just didn't use it.

It'll come. Seol will come good next season.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 14 Apr 2007 21:02

ayjaydee Pass of the season from the Seol Man today.

Yes.

It surprises me how much stick Seol gets from certain people in the crowd near me (and certain posters on here) and yet he is IMHO our most creative player. I guess if he doesn't chase back every lost cause like a madman then he's not putting in enough effort for them. Perhaps they'd like Andy Hughes back?

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Apr 2007 21:35

Quite agree but there are some anti Seol people in crowd near me, unfortunately. The ball to Gunnars was PERFECT and one we cry out for down that channel.

Cookie

by Cookie » 14 Apr 2007 21:39

I'd go for the third option [if it was there] they're about much-of-a-muchness

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 14 Apr 2007 22:14

Oster's fat and jolly, so I voted for him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 22:16

glad to seee that you are not slagging off DLC too

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 22:22

Sebastian
AthleticoSpizz glad to seee that you are not slagging off DLC too

Of course not - he had a bloody good game today too.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 22:33

Sebastian Fans will always disagree - today we agree about DLC, but disagree about Seol. I thought that despite one or two very good moments he was largely a waste of space, and we may of well have been playing with 10 men.

He never seems to want to beat players, and seems to prefer a pass back to the fullback than whipping in a cross. On top of that he seems to take one too many touches.

I look forward to your 'always right' reply - as you're unable to accept that people may disagree with you.
:shock:

each to their own ...of course

"He never seems"

says it all

Today Seb you were wrong or not there

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 14 Apr 2007 22:50

If Seol can perform like he did today, and as he did at the beginning of the season all the time, then he's the one i'd vote for. Oster just doesn't seem to be good enough anymore.

Little will always be my favourite at full fitness

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 14 Apr 2007 23:17

Oyster

spike25

by spike25 » 15 Apr 2007 05:59

Seol dominated the first half offensively. I can't even believe what I'm reading. He almost created a goal by stealing the ball from the defender and laying in the perfect pass to Bryn, who managed to kick it right at the keeper. And, he was the one who got it into the box on the goal. Can he ever do enough to please some of the people on here?

Oster, on the other hand, managed to completely blow at least 2 great scoring chances without even getting a ball into the box. The commentator even said "Only Oster knows why he held the ball rather than getting it into the box when he had 2 strikers and Hunt waiting for a cross". Embarrassing.

Seol tires easily, which is by far his biggest weakness, but for 60 minutes, he was the best player on the field.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 15 Apr 2007 10:14

From Despair To Where? Oster's always looked better playing in the middle. His work rate puts Seol to shame. i think he's a square peg in a round hole out wide.

I though Seol's crossing, as per usual was shit today, rarely beat the first defender. He created chances by beating the fullback, getting to the byline and pulling the ball back. That's where he's strongest. To be fair to him though, he was double teamed a lot of the time today and found it difficult to create space for himself.

Seol at home to create, Oster away to keep it tight. Neither can hold a candle to Little though.

Those pull backs were always going to be more succesful than crosses agianst such a tall pair of cb's, in fact 2 of them should've brought us goals.

I haven't been his biggest fan, but yesterday I thought he had a good game.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 15 Apr 2007 12:26

Seol was back on form yesterday. He put in a series of pin-point accurate crosses and passes. I enjoyed watching him....

Unlike listening to the two whinging old gits sat behind me yesterday. Usually I can bear their constant ignorant moaning, because they seem to spread it evenly around the team. But yesterday I realised how much they must have been missing having Seol in the team, as having to hold in so much pig-ignorant crap all this time must have been painful...

From minute one, there were such classics as:

"You can tell he has the wrong attitude, from the way he stands apart from the team on the pitch..." Er no that'll be because he an oxf*rd winger, you idiots.

"Look how he runs just fast enough so he doesn't have to reach the ball" Er no that'll be because he's not superhuman, you thick thick thickies.

I am usally pretty zen at matches but I really wanted to punch them, as they pretty much ruined the match for me yesterday. Thank you, you stupid stupid stupid stupid old men. RANT OVER.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Apr 2007 13:10

The only way we were going to do anything from wingplay was from Seol.