East Stand Roof

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sawyers left arm

East Stand Roof

by sawyers left arm » 16 Apr 2007 20:03

During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer?
I suspect it will and the club will announce the plans after we have all spent £545 on a ticket in the rain.
The club seem to be doing things very underhand at the moment and I suspect that arrogant Howe, who doesn't care less about the supporters, will not admit to it until he has all our money.

Anyone got any answers?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 16 Apr 2007 20:13

Rhys The Royal

Re: East Stand Roof

by Rhys The Royal » 16 Apr 2007 20:34

sawyers left arm During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer?
I suspect it will and the club will announce the plans after we have all spent £545 on a ticket in the rain.
The club seem to be doing things very underhand at the moment and I suspect that arrogant Howe, who doesn't care less about the supporters, will not admit to it until he has all our money.

Anyone got any answers?

Yeh, calm down!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Apr 2007 21:04

Perhaps they'll give you a plastic bag to put over you head.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Apr 2007 21:25

Row Z Royal Perhaps they'll give you a plastic bag to put over you head.

That's a bit tight!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Apr 2007 22:30

Why would they take the roof off ?

Given that the new stand will be built behind the current one there seems no need as the roof is likely to be the last thing done - next summer ?

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 17 Apr 2007 00:34

well Im now glad i kept my see thru, "Big One" poncho from that away day in Blackpool

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2007 08:33

I'd be more worried SLA about Howe summarily executing anyone who fails to spend at least 30 pounds on sundries during each home game. He will be personally dragging these miscreants from their seats and beheading them in the East Stand building site, filling the empty seat immediately with a rich away fan who will give the club far more spend per bum on seat.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Apr 2007 08:33

sawyers left arm During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer?

No.

Next.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 17 Apr 2007 09:35

Sawyers left arm During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer?

LOL...

That's a little paranoid isn't it...? I reckon there is a 99.8% chance that the roof will still be there...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Apr 2007 09:36

Yorkshire Royal
Sawyers left arm During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer?

LOL...

That's a little paranoid isn't it...? I reckon there is a 99.8% chance that the roof will still be there...

I'm not so sure, they've appointed Lloyd Owusu as head contractor.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 17 Apr 2007 09:52

Will those of us in row KK be moved during construction?

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 17 Apr 2007 10:03

cheeryoleary Will those of us in row KK be moved during construction?

No - no-one will be moved during the whole of next season. All building work during the season will be outside/behind the East stand, and so while there will be disruption outside, there'll be none inside.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 17 Apr 2007 10:56

No

Anyone got any answers?

They will build the new stand behind the current stand leaving the roof on
They will then put the new roof on and remove the existing roof during the close season 2008

Diamond

by Diamond » 17 Apr 2007 11:56

Anyone got any answers?

How are they doing things underhand?

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 17 Apr 2007 13:58

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/6563839.stm

Fans face losing favourite seats
Football fans could lose their favourite seats as part of a Premiership club's plans to develop a new corporate hospitality area.
Plans to redevelop the East Stand of Reading's Madejski Stadium could see a section of seating changed to matchday hospitality for the 2008/2009 season.

A club spokesman has apologised to those fans that might lose their seats in the prime-viewing location.

He added they would be compensated and given priority in selecting new seats.

"Due to the central location of the area, we recognise that many of the people who may be affected are among our most loyal and long-standing supporters," he said.

"We sincerely apologise to anyone who would be affected as we continue to develop the stadium and take the club forward."

Skyline

by Skyline » 17 Apr 2007 14:11

Not only do you post it twice, it's not even relevant to this thread :roll:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 17 Apr 2007 14:18

post boosting?????

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 17 Apr 2007 14:28

To quote sawyers left arm

During the further construction of the east stand is the roof coming off in the summer? - Fair enough question. Even though the answer is in the stadium expansion thread.

I suspect it will and the club will announce the plans after we have all spent £545 on a ticket in the rain. - Then why ask. Or why not just read the poxy thread and find out everything we all know, or as much as the club have made public?

The club seem to be doing things very underhand at the moment.... - Are they? You're a bit of a muppet really aren't you?!

.....and I suspect..... - That word again!

......that arrogant Howe, who doesn't care less about the supporters, - Right. Now you're proving my theory!

......will not admit to it until he has all our money.

Anyone got any answers? But you have an answer for them already.......I suspect.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1