Blackburn Away?

192 posts
biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Apr 2007 15:09

Northern Bastards :wink:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2007 23:03

We should have another P.A.N.T.S. day to remind us of the terrible days of losing to the likes of Cambridge United and for those of us who were there when we were s**t!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Apr 2007 06:23

But PANTS had a meaning back then (one was Players Are Not Trying Sufficiently) which isn;t appropriate these days.

I guess it could become Players Are Now Trying Sufficiently, or we could go for a VEST day (Very Exciting Season Thankyou) or even a BRA day (Brilliant Result Again). Not quite found something for STOCKINGS AND SUSPENDERS day yet !

Daniella

by Daniella » 23 Apr 2007 09:58

Can we not sell this out too quickly please. I wish to attend this one and need at least a week to gather the funds. If so, can the club request more tickets as blackburn get crap crowds and can move the others in that stand somewhere else like behind the other goal.

THANKS!!!!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Apr 2007 10:03

Behindu But PANTS had a meaning back then (one was Players Are Not Trying Sufficiently) which isn;t appropriate these days.

I guess it could become Players Are Now Trying Sufficiently, or we could go for a VEST day (Very Exciting Season Thankyou) or even a BRA day (Brilliant Result Again). Not quite found something for STOCKINGS AND SUSPENDERS day yet !

Players Are Now The Shiznit

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:17

Daniella Can we not sell this out too quickly please. I wish to attend this one and need at least a week to gather the funds. If so, can the club request more tickets as blackburn get crap crowds and can move the others in that stand somewhere else like behind the other goal.

THANKS!!!!

We'll get more tickets if we sell the ones we've got. The end holds up to 6,000 and they give the whole end to away fans regularly.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Apr 2007 10:21

EASTENDER MARKY
Daniella Can we not sell this out too quickly please. I wish to attend this one and need at least a week to gather the funds. If so, can the club request more tickets as blackburn get crap crowds and can move the others in that stand somewhere else like behind the other goal.

THANKS!!!!

We'll get more tickets if we sell the ones we've got. The end holds up to 6,000 and they give the whole end to away fans regularly.

Any idea how Charlton got 7,500? See earlier post.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:22

M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

Perhaps I've got it wrong and that end holds 7,500 ?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Apr 2007 10:26

EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

I can't see us taking 7,500 unless we do something similar to Charlton though I think we'll sell the initial allocation. I like the idea of flying (subsidised) up with the trip from airport to the ground included - what chance Reading FC doing something similar :roll:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Apr 2007 10:33

Charlton only paid £15 for their tickets, and have heavily subsidised travel.

We won't take 7,500, I'd be suprised if we took half that.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:33

M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

I can't see us taking 7,500 unless we do something similar to Charlton though I think we'll sell the initial allocation. I like the idea of flying (subsidised) up with the trip from airport to the ground included - what chance Reading FC doing something similar :roll:

No chance.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Apr 2007 10:33

M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

As I've said before - you can't have a pop at the club for this as we're not in the same position as Charlton. If we needed a result away at Blackburn to stay up (and not just to safeguard / ensure European qualification) we might see something similiar from RFC.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:34

T.R.O.L.I.
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

As I've said before - you can't have a pop at the club for this as we're not in the same position as Charlton. If we needed a result away at Blackburn to stay up (and not just to safeguard / ensure European qualification) we might see something similiar from RFC.

You don't actually believe that ?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Apr 2007 10:39

EASTENDER MARKY
T.R.O.L.I.
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

No I don't. But it doesn't matter as people are having a pop at the club for not providing subsidised travel in the same manner as Charlton when the significance of each teams game against Blackburn is hugely different.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:41

T.R.O.L.I.
EASTENDER MARKY
T.R.O.L.I.
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

No I don't. But it doesn't matter as people are having a pop at the club for not providing subsidised travel in the same manner as Charlton when the significance of each teams game against Blackburn is hugely different.

Agreed. But if Watford can do it to go down to Plymouth...

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Apr 2007 10:46

We'll be lucky to sell 2,000 at a most. Blackburn is a long trek, it's a Sunday afternoon and the lack of transport options make it a difficult place to go.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 23 Apr 2007 10:47

Could the club put on a 'Football Special' train ?!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Apr 2007 10:55

EASTENDER MARKY
T.R.O.L.I.
EASTENDER MARKY
T.R.O.L.I.
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY
M4 Junction 11
EASTENDER MARKY

THANKS!!!!

Agreed. But if Watford can do it to go down to Plymouth...

And why did Watford do it? Because the last train back to London from Plymouth left just as the second half started.

Don't get me wrong - I haven't gone "all frimmers" and become a pedantic git as I'd love to see the club lay on subsidised travel to a game. I'm just not going to complain about the lack of it until we are in a similar situation to one of these teams.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Apr 2007 11:03

EASTENDER MARKY Could the club put on a 'Football Special' train ?!

oxf*rd that, we wouldn't be able to drink, and it would get to Blackburn at about 2.50.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Apr 2007 11:08

rovers.co.uk Mark Hughes' side take on Steve Coppell's Reading at Ewood Park on the final day of the season on Sunday May 13th with both sides in the hunt for a coveted European spot.

I didn't really see them as a contender. A game in hand but only 44 points with Charlton home, Newcastle away, Spurs away and then Reading to play.

STAR travel to Blackburn thread

192 posts