Contract Rebels

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 Apr 2007 16:08

pieface With sidwell it the way he gone about it what has made him a rebel. i feel he has been very sly and been a bit of a t***. I dont normally use that language but this is an occasoin i have to, he been a qaulity player for us but he no better than what murty or harper has been for us.At pre seasoin i wish at Swindon away i had joined some off the sign on chants than sing up for sidwell that day.We do not need players like him at the club we all seen West Ham and what happend to them as a result attitudes like what ginger man has adopted.

Dear Sidwell

Go to a top 5 prem team and have fun playing carling cup matches and reserve matches next seasoin.Just rember big wage can not buy u a starting line up place every week.

Idiot.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2007 16:14

SpaceCruiser Yes, I agree with you Top Flight. However, his comments about his wife and kid still rankles. There are people who would love to be on his wages, let alone the £25K a week Reading are offering.
He's a rankler then and clearly not a rebel.

Anyway, Are rebels not supposed to be the good guys?

One man's rebel is another man's terrorist... Does that mean Pardew was a contract terrorist?
Last edited by Forbury Lion on 27 Apr 2007 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Apr 2007 16:15

Forbury Lion
SpaceCruiser Yes, I agree with you Top Flight. However, his comments about his wife and kid still rankles. There are people who would love to be on his wages, let alone the £25K a week Reading are offering.

Did I say he was a rebel?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2007 16:16

SpaceCruiser
Forbury Lion

Did I say you said he was a rebel?

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 27 Apr 2007 16:20

pieface With sidwell it the way he gone about it what has made him a rebel. i feel he has been very sly and been a bit of a t***. I dont normally use that language but this is an occasoin i have to, he been a qaulity player for us but he no better than what murty or harper has been for us.At pre seasoin i wish at Swindon away i had joined some off the sign on chants than sing up for sidwell that day.We do not need players like him at the club we all seen West Ham and what happend to them as a result attitudes like what ginger man has adopted.

Dear Sidwell

Go to a top 5 prem team and have fun playing carling cup matches and reserve matches next seasoin.Just rember big wage can not buy u a starting line up place every week.

For god's sake leave the guy alone! He's doing what 99.9% of sane, sensible people would do ( which does exclude a fair percentage of this board's contributors ). I dearly hope that he plays in the remaining 3 games and ideally gets taken off towards the end of the Watford game to a standing ovation. It's a chance to show that, just like many pundits have described the team this year, Reading fans are a breath of fresh air.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 27 Apr 2007 16:30

Sean Evers!!!

Oh no hang on that's the other way around...the club wanted to get rid and couldn't cos he was rubbish so they terminated his contract IIRC...

:roll:

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 27 Apr 2007 16:33

SpaceCruiser Didn't Shaka Hislop and Scott Taylor force the club to sell them because they wanted to move? I seem to remember Jimmy Quinn was irritated with Shaka's attitude (something to do with him receiving a percentage of the fee?) and I seem to remember rumours of Scott Taylor wanting to move because he couldn't get on with Jimmy Quinn.

Not sure that either player "forced" the club to sell them - Scott Taylor had already sold his house prior to the 1995 P/O final, he was already lined up for Leicester. You have a point about him and JQ not getting on though, stemming from a training ground incident involving Taylor's face and Quinn's right fist, about which TVP were made aware.

Shaka was about to start on the final year of his three year contract, and if he forced us to sell him, I'd suggest that receiving a club record fee wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.

pieface

by pieface » 27 Apr 2007 16:46

ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 Apr 2007 16:51

pieface ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on.

:shock:

Idiot

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 Apr 2007 16:53

pieface ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only laugh at this post............ Its hilarious in its stupidity!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Apr 2007 17:02

pieface ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam turpis tellus, dapibus et, sollicitudin et, volutpat eu, ligula. Nullam viverra nunc in ipsum. Curabitur pellentesque justo quis sapien. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Duis tincidunt. Quisque sem ipsum, posuere sed, interdum id, mattis non, erat. Integer tempor tincidunt purus. Cras quis erat. Suspendisse aliquam. Etiam mauris. Aliquam feugiat. Suspendisse potenti. Nunc tempus, leo a porttitor pellentesque, urna odio sagittis nulla, quis lacinia tortor erat lacinia sem. Integer sagittis, augue a sagittis porttitor, justo dui mattis leo, aliquet tristique diam velit a nulla. Etiam tortor. Suspendisse consequat malesuada turpis. Cras porta ante ac arcu. Quisque massa. Quisque dictum. Sed ultrices, justo sit amet dignissim volutpat, tortor mauris volutpat pede, sit amet tempus arcu leo sed quam. Curabitur tincidunt tempus nunc. Sed vel magna eu est sodales pharetra. Mauris commodo lacinia arcu. Morbi mattis. Aliquam vestibulum enim sed metus. Sed eu tortor ac ligula ornare interdum. Nam dictum rhoncus libero. Vivamus quam. Morbi eget velit in nisl viverra lobortis. Pellentesque id erat. Maecenas sollicitudin, lorem quis varius lacinia, sapien erat tempus felis, quis hendrerit enim risus ut dolor. Aenean semper. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Morbi at erat. Cras vel enim eget sapien tempus dignissim. Duis elit odio, euismod non, imperdiet quis, faucibus quis, purus. Integer tristique sagittis ipsum. Vivamus in lacus. Vivamus arcu purus, porta in, sollicitudin at, rutrum a, sapien. Vestibulum vitae dolor. Phasellus at eros. Etiam sagittis, felis ac molestie venenatis, nulla felis dignissim sem, hendrerit rhoncus orci massa id mauris. Integer erat nisi, ultricies suscipit, porta at, vehicula a, enim. Pellentesque nunc felis, tincidunt rutrum, egestas quis, sodales vitae, turpis. Praesent tincidunt, leo eget egestas pharetra, sem dolor hendrerit lorem, vel vulputate magna velit et nibh. Phasellus sollicitudin, quam eget rhoncus rhoncus, ipsum sem vestibulum erat, id congue lacus velit quis neque. Ut lacus nulla, luctus vel, tempor at, facilisis et, velit. Cras massa. Proin posuere. Ut interdum purus id ipsum. Maecenas diam risus, commodo mollis, iaculis sit amet, scelerisque a, est. Nullam viverra convallis mi. Nam bibendum elementum leo. Curabitur at risus. Morbi placerat arcu vitae purus. Nunc tortor. Ut blandit quam at enim. Proin sit amet erat. Morbi dictum, pede sit amet egestas bibendum, purus ipsum tempus nulla, vitae posuere eros libero ut arcu. Etiam eu arcu at erat luctus.

all without a breath
Last edited by Uke on 27 Apr 2007 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Contract Rebels

by Coppelled Streets » 27 Apr 2007 17:03

Forbury Lion
Anyway, Question for today is this:

Have Reading FC ever had a contract rebel or a player who has left that the club wanted desperately to keep?

Caskey? Notts County offered better wages, he left the club and County soon left the division. :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Contract Rebels

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Apr 2007 17:08

Coppelled Streets
Forbury Lion
Anyway, Question for today is this:

Have Reading FC ever had a contract rebel or a player who has left that the club wanted desperately to keep?

Caskey? Notts County offered better wages, he left the club and County soon left the division. :lol:

Wrong. We offered him a contract, Nicky Forster got injured, we withdrew the offer cos we needed the money to buy Jamie Cureton. At the end of the season we decided not to offer him a contract. He pissed off to Notts County. The End.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2007 17:20

SpaceCruiser
Forbury Lion
SpaceCruiser
Forbury Lion

Did I say you said I said he was a rebel?
Did I say you said I said you said he was a rebel?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 Apr 2007 17:28

Forbury Lion
SpaceCruiser
Forbury Lion
SpaceCruiser
Forbury Lion

Did I say you said I said he was a rebel?
Did I say you said I said you said he was a rebel?

What did I say?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 27 Apr 2007 17:56

My wife served Steve "The Contract Rebel" Sidwell in M&S today. Very disappointed with her as she wasn't quick thinking enough to ask him whether he prefered the Marks and Spencer in Reading, Glasgow or Newcastle.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 27 Apr 2007 19:24

SpaceCruiser
Ian Royal

Dear Sidwell

that is garbage. Sidwell has done nothing wrong.

Apart from saying that he has to think about his wife and kid.

When you consider a major change in your career do you not consider your wife and ki............oh

pieface

by pieface » 27 Apr 2007 20:26

[quote="Top Flight"][quote="pieface"]ok i admitt that my veiw may be a bit radical.But the view that he has to think about his wife and kids when he earning thousands of pound a week is more so.Its the fact that i have the veiw that his demands have increased everytime it looks like reaidng will offer the deal.I am not for a minute denying that Sidwell has been nothing but qaulity for reading this seasoin and his time here.Though i am saying i dont believe every week he playing for the club but himself so he in the spotlight for other clubs to watch him.Also i make the comparisoin as i think Sidwell does think he better than the club and West Ham has had this problem off players thinking they are icons after thier 1st seaosin in the Prem.I dont say go out and not support him when hes playing cause i think that stupid.Though i do say i dont want player who think they are better than the club when they are not.In the big games against world class midfielders i honestly say he not shined above them.While against mid table teams he has on times this is why he a mid table player and no more.I think if he not oging sign a new contract dont play him cause he not going be no use next year test others out.But i aplogise moaning bout one our players as 2 be fair it pointless and not needed to move the club on.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only laugh at this post............ Its hilarious in its stupidity![/quote

Ok mate have a good old lagh and then maybe but tell me the facts what make you lagh and how he has proven they are untrue please.Thats if you have actully been to any home or away games this seasoin if not just copy the general people opinone incase you might get laghed at.I stick by the opinone that Sidwell thinks he better than he is and the club.Lagh call me an idiot my grammer on Hob Nob rubbish cause (i have other things to worry bout the try to write a perfect grammer on a football fan site.please if your goin take time to call me an idiot or what ever please say counter my argument.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2007 20:30

pieface
Top Flight

I can only laugh at this post............ Its hilarious in its stupidity![/quote

Ok mate have a good old lagh and then maybe but tell me the facts what make you lagh and how he has proven they are untrue please.Thats if you have actully been to any home or away games this seasoin if not just copy the general people opinone incase you might get laghed at.I stick by the opinone that Sidwell thinks he better than he is and the club.Lagh call me an idiot my grammer on Hob Nob rubbish cause (i have other things to worry bout the try to write a perfect grammer on a football fan site.please if your goin take time to call me an idiot or what ever please say counter my argument.
You might have more luck geting your view accross if people could read it.

If it's worth saying, say it right.

pieface

by pieface » 27 Apr 2007 20:31

last counter argumet i hold my hands up and say fair does