The Final Straw

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 May 2007 17:42

KENTWOOD BOY what are you lot like, loose one game & its all doom & gloom.
where is your optimism? did you ever go upto
hartlepool & barrow to watch reading loose & still went to the next game

Ooh look at you! :roll:

I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't renew my ST.

The club have ripped me off enough this season and I'm not going to be ripped off anymore!!

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 06 May 2007 17:56

plastic

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 18:14

KENTWOOD BOY plastic

This thread has kind of done full cycle. When you are 'Kentwood Man' you may understand.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 06 May 2007 18:29

KENTWOOD BOY plastic

:lol:

KENTWOOD BOY

by KENTWOOD BOY » 06 May 2007 18:30

i was a boy in kentwood but left there 30 years ago
some of you should lighten up a bit you are so easy to
wind up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 May 2007 21:20

KENTWOOD BOY i was a boy in kentwood but left there 30 years ago
wind up.

Oh dear. :lol:

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 06 May 2007 22:45

Platypuss
KENTWOOD BOY i was a boy in kentwood but left there 30 years ago
wind up.

Oh dear. :lol:

Platy, this cunt got me banned, can't you get Finch re-instated and ban this mush instead ? :D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 May 2007 01:19

I can fully understand why people are thinking twice about next season. I've decided to renew for next season but it was a really tough decision.

I tried working out what this season has cost a few days ago: close on £3,000 for tickets and travel alone, nearly 2 weeks spent behind the wheel of my car and, to be honest, I don't think I've watched a decent game of football in nearly three months and I've only missed 3 matches since Christmas. Sure, there's been great moments to savour, but a decent 90 minutes of football? Last one was probably Sheffield Utd. For all the hype and bluster, the Premiership is a truly dull and uninspiring experiences that takes itself far too seriously. I know as football fans we are a generally captive audience but when it stops being fun or worth the expense, you start asking yourself questions.

It's a massive commitment financially for what seems like increasingly diminishing returns. Great if you can afford it but, believe it or not, for many there are more important things in life than football. Why judge others for the worse just because you are fortunate enough to not have to make a choice?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 07 May 2007 10:02

You're talking about two different things though, whether to renew a ST and watch home games, or to follow the team away. I agree that this season has been massively expensive and only a few decent games, but we have been living a dream and taking part in RFC history and there have been some great moments in some fantastic stadiums along the way.

I've renewed my ST but I don't think I'll be doing as many away games next season, I'll try to join the plastics and get tickets for the games I missed this time (ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal)

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 07 May 2007 10:31

I simply, genuinely cannot afford to do that again.

I preferred the away trips and will try to pick and choose those.

PLOLastic me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 May 2007 10:39

G Force 1871
Scrappy
Platypuss
KENTWOOD BOY Football club supporters do not watch their team on sky they are at the game
you will not be missed

When you eventually grow out of being a boy you might realise how stupid that sounds.

And realise that you can no longer afford to watch the games because of the extortionate prices.

And paying £60 a month to Sky who are one of the key causes of said extortionate prices :?

And that is the tragic irony of it all!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 May 2007 18:43

PieEater You're talking about two different things though, whether to renew a ST and watch home games, or to follow the team away. I agree that this season has been massively expensive and only a few decent games, but we have been living a dream and taking part in RFC history and there have been some great moments in some fantastic stadiums along the way.

I've renewed my ST but I don't think I'll be doing as many away games next season, I'll try to join the plastics and get tickets for the games I missed this time (ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal)

Err, no I'm not. Home games are a 470 mile round trip for me and doing it week in, week out for nine months of the year takes a heavy toll mentally and physically. I need my football fix but watching anyone but Reading just doesn't do it for me, there's no emotional attachment. I'm lucky enough to be just about able to afford it and not buying a season ticket would restrict my oportunities to get tickets for more local games. Actively supporting a club is essentially a selfish activity and I can understand how many people with greater commitments than me have a real struggle weighing up their priorities and justifying the expense to themselves.

Historic? yes, living the dream?, I'm not convinced.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 07 May 2007 19:00

From Despair To Where?
PieEater You're talking about two different things though, whether to renew a ST and watch home games, or to follow the team away. I agree that this season has been massively expensive and only a few decent games, but we have been living a dream and taking part in RFC history and there have been some great moments in some fantastic stadiums along the way.

Err, no I'm not. Home games are a 470 mile round trip for me and doing it week in, week out for nine months of the year takes a heavy toll mentally and physically. I need my football fix but watching anyone but Reading just doesn't do it for me, there's no emotional attachment. I'm lucky enough to be just about able to afford it and not buying a season ticket would restrict my oportunities to get tickets for more local games. Actively supporting a club is essentially a selfish activity and I can understand how many people with greater commitments than me have a real struggle weighing up their priorities and justifying the expense to themselves.

Historic? yes, living the dream?, I'm not convinced.

I'm sure we all are but like all dreams you don't realise quite how good they are until they're over.

And when they are over no matter how hard you try you can't go back to sleep and start dreaming that same dream again.

So please everbody, enjoy it while it lasts.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 07 May 2007 20:51

spot on.